Man prevails were the gods have failed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2015, 02:34 PM
RE: Man prevails were the gods have failed.
I thought the applicable quote was, Man proposes, God disposes..

Man seems always to have failed from what I have seen so far, and from what real history teaches.

If you know a man that succeeded, please to post his or her name, or his or her outstanding and lasting country.

Man seems to be as temporal as his buildings and his accomplishments. The Lord not so.

Just a thought, unless I missed something in history, or unless readers have new man made prophecy that determines paradise is just around the corner, via some man, or some country.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2015, 06:38 PM
(19-08-2015 02:34 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  I thought the applicable quote was, Man proposes, God disposes..

Man seems always to have failed from what I have seen so far, and from what real history teaches.

If you know a man that succeeded, please to post his or her name, or his or her outstanding and lasting country.

Man seems to be as temporal as his buildings and his accomplishments. The Lord not so.

Just a thought, unless I missed something in history, or unless readers have new man made prophecy that determines paradise is just around the corner, via some man, or some country.

Yup. I'm cool with 'Lords' being non-temporal.

Particularly 'house of' and 'cricket'. I'm fine with them not existing in any time.

Yes

20-08-2015, 05:50 AM
(19-08-2015 02:34 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Man seems always to have failed from what I have seen so far, and from what real history teaches.

How? Humans are finding a way to stop blindness and deafness. And so far it is working. What do you want us to do, pray it away?

(19-08-2015 02:34 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  If you know a man that succeeded, please to post his or her name, or his or her outstanding and lasting country.

Any one who won a noble prize is a start.

(19-08-2015 02:34 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Just a thought, unless I missed something in history, or unless readers have new man made prophecy that determines paradise is just around the corner, via some man, or some country.

Well nobody said it was around the corner, but we try to make life easier for others.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
20-08-2015, 06:01 AM
If I did not live at this time in history I'd be dead. It's not even for reasons like massive bodily trauma. Just a number of things which are now curable and just minor irritations, if I'd suffered from them any century other than now, I would have died. There's a lot of stuff like that.

On the other hand... it's kind of sad to be in a world that is dying. I have seen wildlife that used to be common die out. My dad often says that *his* Dad used to take him camping and say "I wish you could see it as I saw it"... The fact that you have to go to special zoos to see some animals, the massive over-fishing that is killing the oceans... I wish I didn't have to live through that.

Not to mention the shittiness of one human to another which is able to reach an unprecedented scale nowadays. In the past a shitty dictator, even the scariest, would only affect a few million people at most... Now even dictators in tin-pot banana republics can cause more misery than ever before.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-08-2015, 03:18 PM
(20-08-2015 05:50 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 02:34 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Man seems always to have failed from what I have seen so far, and from what real history teaches.

How? Humans are finding a way to stop blindness and deafness. And so far it is working. What do you want us to do, pray it away?

(19-08-2015 02:34 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  If you know a man that succeeded, please to post his or her name, or his or her outstanding and lasting country.

Any one who won a noble prize is a start.

(19-08-2015 02:34 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  Just a thought, unless I missed something in history, or unless readers have new man made prophecy that determines paradise is just around the corner, via some man, or some country.

Well nobody said it was around the corner, but we try to make life easier for others.

I thought man caused more cancer than he cured, as cancer is a money maker

I though nobel prizes were started by a family that made money at war, and even gave a so called Nobel peace prize to a man of war, called Obama

I thought man was trying to screw each other more than help each other, before they die. Am I missing something, in this aparrent worship of man.
20-08-2015, 05:36 PM
(20-08-2015 03:18 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  I thought man caused more cancer than he cured, as cancer is a money maker

I mean many disease are, but we cured them, like polio. That makes money too.

(20-08-2015 03:18 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  I though nobel prizes were started by a family that made money at war, and even gave a so called Nobel peace prize to a man of war, called Obama

I smell a bit of Genetic fallacy. And scientist win it when the cure disease or something a like that benefits man kind. Also the nobel made this so he could do something peaceful

(20-08-2015 03:18 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  I thought man was trying to screw each other more than help each other, before they die. Am I missing something, in this aparrent worship of man.

No, man does fight but people help more than hurt. Try again

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-08-2015, 06:30 PM
(20-08-2015 03:18 PM)Davidjayjordan Wrote:  I thought ...

I've seen no evidence of that so far

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post