01-11-2017, 09:06 AM
RE: Manafort To Be Arrested
Lock them up! Lock them up!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
01-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Trump has to know he'll end up being exposed of some wrong doing to keep trying to undercut the investigation.

Think through it logically, if he and his team/administration are clean he would welcome the investigation. Think what a clean bill of health from Mueller would mean, it would convince me as much as I despise the man and we could all move on to simply face-palming at his stupidities as opposed to being giddy that the buffoon is going to be indicted and found guilty of possibly obstructing justice.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
02-11-2017, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2017 03:23 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(01-11-2017 09:48 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Trump has to know he'll end up being exposed of some wrong doing to keep trying to undercut the investigation.

Think through it logically, if he and his team/administration are clean he would welcome the investigation. Think what a clean bill of health from Mueller would mean, it would convince me as much as I despise the man and we could all move on to simply face-palming at his stupidities as opposed to being giddy that the buffoon is going to be indicted and found guilty of possibly obstructing justice.

Flip side: Each and every one of his inner circle was, before being picked by Trump, a political pariah. Nobody in established politics would touch any of them with a 10 foot pole. All that they are now they owe to Trump.

But conversely, the reason nobody would touch them was often their staggering ineptitude, which has only continued. They may be stupidly loyal to him, but they're still stupid.

The ultimate kicker will be convincing a jury that Trump actually knew anything. He's such a blustering and inept fucktard, he has become epistemological Teflon; it'll be hard to stick anything to him that requires him knowing anything or proving intent, because let's face it, he's Trump.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-11-2017, 07:41 AM
(02-11-2017 12:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The ultimate kicker will be convincing a jury that Trump actually knew anything. He's such a blustering and inept fucktard, he has become epistemological Teflon; it'll be hard to stick anything to him that requires him knowing anything or proving intent, because let's face it, he's Trump.

I think that has really benefited him over the last two years. Everyone is so used to his unique approach to things that the bar has really been lowered. I remember during the debates, everyone was expecting him to shit himself and do something terrible, so, when he showed up and gave answers in semi-coherent English that were vaguely on topic, people were impressed.

I mean, the polls showed that when people actually got an apples-to-apples comparison of the two (as opposed to the news talking about how bombastic Trump was and harping on smoke-but-no-fire-but-lets-keep-talking-about-Clinton-controversies), Clinton would go up a few points in the polls. Still, that didn't stop people from acting like despite all of this, Trump over-performed compared to people's expectations. All he has to do is refrain from grabbing Clinton's crotch on stage, and people applauded him for it.

This whole thing is so fucking weird, and all Trump can do is cry about how mean and unfair the media is to him.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
02-11-2017, 07:44 AM
(02-11-2017 07:41 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  This whole thing is so fucking weird, and all Trump can do is cry about who mean and unfair the media is to him.

Trump has been manipulating the press since day one.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
02-11-2017, 09:13 AM
(02-11-2017 07:41 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(02-11-2017 12:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The ultimate kicker will be convincing a jury that Trump actually knew anything. He's such a blustering and inept fucktard, he has become epistemological Teflon; it'll be hard to stick anything to him that requires him knowing anything or proving intent, because let's face it, he's Trump.

I think that has really benefited him over the last two years. Everyone is so used to his unique approach to things that the bar has really been lowered. I remember during the debates, everyone was expecting him to shit himself and do something terrible, so, when he showed up and gave answers in semi-coherent English that were vaguely on topic, people were impressed.

I mean, the polls showed that when people actually got an apples-to-apples comparison of the two (as opposed to the news talking about how bombastic Trump was and harping on smoke-but-no-fire-but-lets-keep-talking-about-Clinton-controversies), Clinton would go up a few points in the polls. Still, that didn't stop people from acting like despite all of this, Trump over-performed compared to people's expectations. All he has to do is refrain from grabbing Clinton's crotch on stage, and people applauded him for it.

This whole thing is so fucking weird, and all Trump can do is cry about how mean and unfair the media is to him.

Which again, a black man had to be the top of his class Harvard graduate. All Trump had to do was not grab Hillary's crotch on stage during live television (because even a recording of him explicitly endorsing such didn't sink him).

Nobody can claim with a straight face they we do not have double standards in this country.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-11-2017, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2017 09:25 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(02-11-2017 07:44 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(02-11-2017 07:41 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  This whole thing is so fucking weird, and all Trump can do is cry about who mean and unfair the media is to him.

Trump has been manipulating the press since day one.

Since before day one. If anything, it's the only thing he's semi-decent at. He doesn't have a head for business, but he can somehow sell himself as successful in light of the series of dumpster fires he's left in his wake. He's a marketeer; like a fat, orange, balding Steve Jobs sans any moral compunctions.

In a way, him winning is another failure on his part, as he didn't really plan to win. All indicators pointed at him looking to just milk the publicity to reinvigorate his brand, to go back to being a reality TV game show host while being able to add 'Republican Presidential Nominee' to his CV, and maybe pay someone to ghost-write a book for him about it. He was playing a joke, and not nearly enough people took his joke seriously to do something about it. Turn out, not voting has consequences people; a fact that an entire generation of millennials is learning the hard way.

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-11-2017, 09:40 AM

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-11-2017, 10:31 AM
(02-11-2017 09:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  In a way, him winning is another failure on his part, as he didn't really plan to win.

In a CBS This Morning segment today, author Michael Lewis said he interviewed people at the USDA who had set up papers, computers, and everything else necessary to transition to the Trump team after his election, just as they do after every election of a new president, and literally no one showed up.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
02-11-2017, 10:51 AM
(02-11-2017 10:31 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(02-11-2017 09:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  In a way, him winning is another failure on his part, as he didn't really plan to win.

In a CBS This Morning segment today, author Michael Lewis said he interviewed people at the USDA who had set up papers, computers, and everything else necessary to transition to the Trump team after his election, just as they do after every election of a new president, and literally no one showed up.

Facepalm

He wouldn’t have understood what they were saying anyway.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post