Manafort To Be Arrested

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2017, 11:21 AM
RE: Manafort To Be Arrested
(30-10-2017 10:46 AM)BnW Wrote:  But, please, by all means, keep focusing on what former campaign manager talked to what asshole from Russia.

It's one thing that could bring an end to all this madness.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2017, 11:31 AM
I seriously doubt it. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, though.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
30-10-2017, 11:43 AM
(30-10-2017 10:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  Dirt-digging is not collusion. Facepalm

I didn't say it was, but since you mention dirt digging:
--Trump Jr meets with Russian on pretense that Russians have dirt on Hilalry Clinton=collusion
--Clinton campaign and DNC paying for Russians to gin up a bogus dossier that launches investigation into Trump=not collusion.

Got it.

Quote:There is zero evidence, or even indication, that the Democrats colluded with the Russians, while there is mounting evidence of the Trump campaign doing so.

I would say there is zero evidence of either the Dems or Repubs colluding with Russia. Just a lot of hot air so far.

I'm not saying there is nothing suspicious, but there is no evidence of actual collusion as of yet. The indictments are for prior unrelated crimes which most likely the prosecutor hopes will be able to be used as leverage to obtain cooperation from Manafort. So things are just starting to play out. It will take time for Mueller to parse through any leads generated by his indictments.

I'm cautioning against being too optimistic. If Manafort and crew has no dirt on Trump or if he does not cooperate, then these might be the last indictments Mueller brings (well, maybe he'll go after Flynn next).
30-10-2017, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2017 11:53 AM by GirlyMan.)
(30-10-2017 10:46 AM)BnW Wrote:  Can you provide a link to the "mounting evidence", please?

Girly - I refuse to do the math. It will be what it will be and I'm avoiding the calculations until they bite me in the ass. This "we're all going to be $4,000 richer" is such an incredible con job and I hope people don't fall for it. But, they will. Between this, no raise (again), and higher health care costs for next year (again) I'm going financially bust.

My oldest graduates high school in June of 2019 and I have no idea how to pay for college and manage all this other shit.

But, please, by all means, keep focusing on what former campaign manager talked to what asshole from Russia.

The more the shit hits the fan, the less likely they are to pass any tax bill at all. I've already limited my market exposure expecting exactly that. Market's already taking a hit today just based on the suggestion of a gradual reduction in the corporate rate instead of all at once and the Homebuilder's Association has come out against it because of dicking with the mortgage deduction. I don't think anything's gonna pass and the US market's gonna drop like a rock.

#sigh
30-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Yes, the shit storm around all this may serve the valuable purpose of continuous hindrance to him passing anything. That's a huge brightside.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
30-10-2017, 12:18 PM
(30-10-2017 07:31 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Still no evidence Trump was involved in collusion.

Then why was he so intent on covering up the meetings, Trump Tower Moscow, and lying about all the contacts ? There is no question about those. Requesting Russia to find Clinton's emails IS overt collusion. He asked them publically to find them.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Something to think about. Will Trump go down like Nixon, or Agnew? Will it be a big crime, the Plumbers running wild, or will it be a tawdry thing like cheating on taxes that brings him down. Trump has a long history of playing footsy with Russian Mobsters and wheeling and dealing with crooks. Of course Trump might do a Nixon and commit some sort of Saturday Night Massacre that leaves no choice but take him down politically.

“It is impossible for someone to lie unless he thinks he knows the truth. Producing bullshit requires no such conviction.”
― Harry G. Frankfurt, On Bullshit

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
30-10-2017, 12:25 PM
(30-10-2017 12:22 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Something to think about. Will Trump go down like Nixon, or Agnew? Will it be a big crime, the Plumbers running wild, or will it be a tawdry thing like cheating on taxes that brings him down. Trump has a long history of playing footsy with Russian Mobsters and wheeling and dealing with crooks. Of course Trump might do a Nixon and commit some sort of Saturday Night Massacre that leaves no choice but take him down politically.

Taxes are what brought Capone down in the end and you can be sure Mueller has all of the Trump family tax returns.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-10-2017, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2017 12:49 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-10-2017 12:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-10-2017 12:22 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Something to think about. Will Trump go down like Nixon, or Agnew? Will it be a big crime, the Plumbers running wild, or will it be a tawdry thing like cheating on taxes that brings him down. Trump has a long history of playing footsy with Russian Mobsters and wheeling and dealing with crooks. Of course Trump might do a Nixon and commit some sort of Saturday Night Massacre that leaves no choice but take him down politically.

Taxes are what brought Capone down in the end and you can be sure Mueller has all of the Trump family tax returns.

He's already got Trump, Ivanka, Kushner, and her brothers on violating the Foreign Corrupt practices Act by dealing many many times with (corrupt) oligarchs in states of the old USSR,
(as is well-documented, time and again, in New Yorker articles, in the past year).
Manafort today is the tip of the iceberg. The reason it happened today, is the statute of limitations was about to run out on some Manafort tax crimes. Most shit Mueller has, we don't even know about.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-10-2017, 12:35 PM
No doubt this has been posted before but, well, whatever.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post