Manafort To Be Arrested

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: Manafort To Be Arrested
(30-10-2017 02:02 PM)Stevil Wrote:  We are in a new age here (well, you guys in USA are). You cannot simply blow off allegations because they sound ridiculous.

I don't "blow them off" because they sound ridiculous. I am dismissive of them because, after a year of hearing about this, there is no evidence to support the charge.

If evidence is produced I'll be happy to change my view. I'll be fucking euphoric, in fact. But, as of right now, there is no reason to believe it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2017, 06:00 PM
(30-10-2017 05:53 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(30-10-2017 02:02 PM)Stevil Wrote:  We are in a new age here (well, you guys in USA are). You cannot simply blow off allegations because they sound ridiculous.

I don't "blow them off" because they sound ridiculous. I am dismissive of them because, after a year of hearing about this, there is no evidence to support the charge.

If evidence is produced I'll be happy to change my view. I'll be fucking euphoric, in fact. But, as of right now, there is no reason to believe it.

Oh, that is why? Shit, this will likely take another year.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-10-2017, 06:35 PM
(30-10-2017 05:53 PM)BnW Wrote:  

Sure. Compelling evidence (if there is any) of collusion with Russia has not yet been made public.

There is definitely smoke.
We have many lies, half truths, holding back of information that has been going on.
There have been many meetings with Russians. Especially the Kushner and Manafort one at Trump tower where it started off that not many people where there and then the list grew and grew and finally Kusner came "clean" once The associated press where going to come out with it. The story is still that it was about Adoption of Russian babies, but that's hardly believable. OK, it's not believable.

We have Papadopoulos admitting to lying to the FBI (under thread of severe legal action) about his interactions with Russians.

"In May, Papadopoulos sent an email to a "high-ranking campaign official" with the subject line "Request from Russia to meet Mr. Trump." The email said Russian officials were eager to meet with the candidate and had been reaching out."

In a footnote, the FBI statement notes that the email suggesting a Russia visit was forwarded from one campaign official to another. "We need someone to communicate that DT is not doing these trips. It should be someone low level in the campaign so as not to send any signal,"

This stuff is fascinating, is it not?
Not enough to lynch based on collusion with an enemy state regarding the USA presidential election. But certainly something worth serious investigation.

If there is evidence, one would think it will be presented once the special council has decided that it has a compelling enough case.

As for Don Trump himself, I think his biggest issue isn't him personally being involved in collusion, but instead it is obstruction of Justice. For that to happen, someone under investigation needs to be found guilty, then they can go after someone who actively tried to stop that investigation. It has been silly of Trump, especially if he is innocent of collusion, why lay yourself down on the train tracks with regards to obstruction. He obviously is used to bullying his way through things and thought as president he had ultimate power. Perhaps it is a power trip for him?

Anyway, for all of us it is a case of wait and see what Meuller and his task team come up with.

But I wouldn't be proclaiming that there is no evidence. It takes significant time to build a case against the sitting presidency and during that process they aren't going to lay their cards down by making it all public.
[+] 4 users Like Stevil's post
30-10-2017, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2017 06:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
Another thing to note. Mueller might have actually been waiting, hell expecting, for Trump to distance himself from Manafort by noting the criminal actions were in the past prior to Manafort's involvement in the campaign (which turns out to be false), before Mueller dropped the PoopaDoop undercover operation. I would do exactly that if I wanted to provoke that response from Trump. Make sure the initial indictments have nothing to do with the campaign. It makes it that much more difficult for Trump to pardon him now without looking guilty as hell. Why you pardoning him when you just tweeted it had nothing to do with the campaign? This puts doubts in Manafort's mind that a pardon is actually coming. And hell, they'll just threaten to charge him with State crimes even if Trump does pardon him. I don't see how they can't flip.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-10-2017, 06:52 PM
(30-10-2017 06:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Another thing to note. Mueller might have actually been waiting, hell expecting, for Trump to distance himself from Manafort by noting the criminal actions were in the past prior to Manafort's involvement in the campaign (which turns out to be false), before Mueller dropped the PoopaDoop undercover operation. I would do exactly that if I wanted to provoke that response from Trump. Make sure the initial indictments have nothing to do with the campaign. It makes it that much more difficult for Trump to pardon him now without looking guilty as hell. Why you pardoning him when you just tweeted it had nothing to do with the campaign? This puts doubts in Manafort's mind that a pardon is actually coming. And hell, they'll just threaten to charge him with State crimes even if Trump does pardon him. I don't see how they can't flip.

"Sources in the White House" say that trump has been watching TV in his private quarters all day.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-10-2017, 06:54 PM
(30-10-2017 06:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Another thing to note. Mueller might have actually been waiting, hell expecting, for Trump to distance himself from Manafort by noting the criminal actions were in the past prior to Manafort's involvement in the campaign (which turns out to be false), before Mueller dropped the PoopaDoop undercover operation. I would do exactly that if I wanted to provoke that response from Trump. Make sure the initial indictments have nothing to do with the campaign. It makes it that much more difficult for Trump to pardon him now without looking guilty as hell. Why you pardoning him when you just tweeted it had nothing to do with the campaign? This puts doubts in Manafort's mind that a pardon is actually coming. And hell, they'll just threaten to charge him with State crimes even if Trump does pardon him. I don't see how they can't flip.

Ha! It's not just me. Unleashed Trump Could Now Create Legal Trouble For Himself, Warns Preet Bharara

#sigh
30-10-2017, 06:56 PM
(30-10-2017 06:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  "Sources in the White House" say that trump has been watching TV in his private quarters all day.

Might be time for him to take up drinking.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-10-2017, 06:56 PM
(30-10-2017 06:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-10-2017 06:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  "Sources in the White House" say that trump has been watching TV in his private quarters all day.

Might be time for him to take up drinking.

He'll be tweeting when the nannies are asleep...

30-10-2017, 07:00 PM
Isn't that just a normal day in the White house these days?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
30-10-2017, 07:01 PM

Well it kept him off the golf course for a bit at least.

[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post