Manchester England

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2017, 01:20 PM
RE: Manchester England
(24-05-2017 12:29 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Why am I so stressed about this? We have been here before, I'm British I'm not supposed to get stressed but yet I keep crying for our lost youth, perhaps it's having children of my own idk, I hate this, I fucking hate it, those poor people, I'm sorry for being so weak and sad I know I have no right I'm just devastated and I don't know why. # really angry #really sad thanks for letting me vent, # sorry to fellow Brits for letting the side down. Sad

You Brits don't need to keep a stiff upper lip over this. It's ok to cry, sob, collapse in your bed with a box of Kleenex. Go ahead. If you can't cry over this I don't know what you're allowed to cry over.

Hugs to all of you in the UK.

HugHugHugHugHug

Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
24-05-2017, 02:09 PM
At work yesterday, everybody was speaking about the attack.

I kept quiet and when I was asked my views, I said I wasn't saying anything as I felt that what I had to say would offend the muslims in the office and I didn't want to get in any trouble (the topic of religion is actually banned from my work-something I imagine many of my American friends would like to see in their workplace)

My boss said I could speak my mind as long as I kept it cool and respectful.

I said I wanted all religion banning, especially Islam, as it is all made up bullshit.

A colleague said that this was a silly idea, that psychos will kill people regardless if religion was around or not.

I agreed, up to a point, but I said that the event of Monday night was just the tip of the iceberg and that Islam was wrong for many other reasons. If they bothered to look in middle eastern/african countries they would see much worse atrocities happen. They would see female genital mutilation, homosexuals being executed and thrown off buildings, more bombings....

Someone else said what about the good that religion brings, charity and a sense of community. My response was that atheists did exactly the same things.

I mentioned that here in the UK no other religion was blowing people up, no other religions had groups of men grooming and raping children.

I said that whilst I got on with everybody, my tolerance to my muslim colleagues had dropped as I have now had enough of this shit and I was sick of tolerance and intergration and that if the British Muslim community was really a "religion of peace" that they should do more to expose and distance themselves from the extremists that live here and those that commit crimes.

I said all countries should do more politically, fuck Trump selling over 200 billion of arms to those wahhabi cunts in Saudi Arabia with their horrific human rights record. That we should stay the fuck out of the middle easts business, waging our own wars on faraway shores.

Lastly I said that the rise of the right was just an indicator to the problems the mainstream media don't dare talk about.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
24-05-2017, 02:39 PM
(24-05-2017 12:29 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Why am I so stressed about this? We have been here before, I'm British I'm not supposed to get stressed but yet I keep crying for our lost youth, perhaps it's having children of my own idk, I hate this, I fucking hate it, those poor people, I'm sorry for being so weak and sad I know I have no right I'm just devastated and I don't know why. # really angry #really sad thanks for letting me vent, # sorry to fellow Brits for letting the side down. Sad

You have every reason to feel devastated and to express that feeling. Hug

I've had feelings of great despair and stress over violence that particularly affected kids; it hits at a gut level. The Newtown shootings here in the US and the Boston Marathon bombings a few years ago were especially difficult.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
24-05-2017, 04:44 PM

Hugs to you, friend.

I remember feeling this way after 9/11. Absolutely crushed and devastated. It's an awful feeling. Then again after the next terrorist attack and the next, then when it happened really close to home (Boston Marathon), I felt like....nothing is ever going to be the same again. I still look for exits in every venue we go to as a family, I still get a 'what if' feeling in large crowds. It's a feeling of helplessness combined with sadness over the evil that exists in this world. Sad

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
24-05-2017, 07:43 PM
I know they have good intentions but that Pray for Manchester shit needs to stop. It people didn't believe they could communicate telepathically with non-existant beings this wouldn't have happened. It's time to root out the cause. Beliefs lead to action. Stupid beliefs lead to stupid actions. Believing in prayer is stupid.
[+] 3 users Like I'mFred's post
24-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Threat level: Critical
Beard level: Wizard

ThumbsupThumbsup

[Image: MfEuziJ.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
24-05-2017, 08:50 PM
(24-05-2017 08:40 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Threat level: Critical
Beard level: Wizard

ThumbsupThumbsup

[Image: MfEuziJ.jpg]

Yes Need several tons more police like that guy with the impressive beard! I can grow one like that but it GRAY! Laughat When one moves to a new country, one must adopt the laws and culture. At least that is my attitude. I took Western Civilization 1 from Julian Nava, back in the '70s. He was later selected to be ambassador to Mexico during the Carter administration. He told our class (before that assignment) that the Spanish culture is a warrior culture, and as such, that when they go to a new area, they expect the indigenes to adapt to them. Looks like what I'm seeing from the Muslim culture. Where did "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" go by the wayside?
25-05-2017, 02:44 AM
Different cultures are no bad thing IMO. I think the real tragedy that comes out of this is the vicious circle of hate.

Radical Muslims blow people up therefore all Muslims are evil. So Muslims as a community become more isolated, so it's easier to radicalise their young kids because they *see* the discrimination and hatred. So they go off to war when they're old enough and another generation of terrorists is born, who deepen the divide.

As much as it may be natural, I think hating on normal Muslims for the actions of terrorists is stupid and counterproductive. It's like if black people were to hate all white people for the actions of Dylan Roof.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-05-2017, 03:14 AM
(24-05-2017 08:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Where did "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" go by the wayside?

That would have been the Romans expanding their culture all around the Mediterranean. The Romans were not keen on adopting the cultures of the countries they lived in (with the possible exception of Greece.)

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

25-05-2017, 04:42 AM
Just saw this on the news.

Manchester bomber's dad "He is innocent".

Ok, everyone has a right to a trial and presumption of innocence sure. But HE FUCKING BLEW HIMSELF UP... All that DNA is going to make it easy to identify him.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post