Manchester England

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2017, 05:12 AM
RE: Manchester England
There has been an announcement in the last hour that the UK will no longer share information about the Manchester bombing investigation with the USA intelligence service following leaks to the media in the US.

With the country on the highest terrorism alert status having confidential data dispersed to all and sundry does not help one teeny tiny bit.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Norm Deplume's post
25-05-2017, 05:33 AM
(25-05-2017 05:12 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  There has been an announcement in the last hour that the UK will no longer share information about the Manchester bombing investigation with the USA intelligence service following leaks to the media in the US.

With the country on the highest terrorism alert status having confidential data dispersed to all and sundry does not help one teeny tiny bit.

Who didn't see that coming?

Meanwhile, another suicide bombing near here passes with barely a whimper.

Sleepy

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
25-05-2017, 06:08 AM
(25-05-2017 05:12 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  There has been an announcement in the last hour that the UK will no longer share information about the Manchester bombing investigation with the USA intelligence service following leaks to the media in the US.

Who needs WikiLeaks.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
25-05-2017, 06:35 AM
(25-05-2017 04:42 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Just saw this on the news.

Manchester bomber's dad "He is innocent".

Ok, everyone has a right to a trial and presumption of innocence sure. But HE FUCKING BLEW HIMSELF UP... All that DNA is going to make it easy to identify him.

As far as I know his upper torso was found some distance away and he still had the trigger switch in his left hand.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
25-05-2017, 08:13 AM

You don't want the intelligence being blurted to a stranger because an orange haired man-child just can't resist to brag. In that scenario, sharing it might pose a greater overall threat.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
25-05-2017, 10:29 AM

The New York times defends its decision to publish pictures of detonators etc by saying it wasn't disrespectful to the dead but that's not the issue, the issue is giving away information that could compromise the investigation into this event. Stupid fucking dicks. Drinking Beverage
25-05-2017, 10:51 AM
(24-05-2017 12:29 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Why am I so stressed about this? We have been here before, I'm British I'm not supposed to get stressed but yet I keep crying for our lost youth, perhaps it's having children of my own idk, I hate this, I fucking hate it, those poor people, I'm sorry for being so weak and sad I know I have no right I'm just devastated and I don't know why. # really angry #really sad thanks for letting me vent, # sorry to fellow Brits for letting the side down. Sad

Oh adey, I am very sorry for parents living in a nightmare like this. Knowing that attacking children was a deliberate choice...I mean I would be afraid to ever let my kids go anywhere again. Class trips? Forget it. Concerts or movies? Forget it.

Anyone would be scared and sick and angry over what could become a radical change in a normal life for the citizens of the UK. When you fear for your nation's children at the hands of zealots bent on bringing chaos, a nation will do anything to protect them and that makes for a lot of change in normal life.

It seems to be one thing for adults to say, "Screw you, we will carry on" and another to say that their children will "carry on" and how could it not be extremely different.

Stay safe.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 3 users Like Jeanne's post
25-05-2017, 11:38 AM
(25-05-2017 10:51 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  
(24-05-2017 12:29 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Why am I so stressed about this? We have been here before, I'm British I'm not supposed to get stressed but yet I keep crying for our lost youth, perhaps it's having children of my own idk, I hate this, I fucking hate it, those poor people, I'm sorry for being so weak and sad I know I have no right I'm just devastated and I don't know why. # really angry #really sad thanks for letting me vent, # sorry to fellow Brits for letting the side down. Sad

Oh adey, I am very sorry for parents living in a nightmare like this. Knowing that attacking children was a deliberate choice...I mean I would be afraid to ever let my kids go anywhere again. Class trips? Forget it. Concerts or movies? Forget it.

Anyone would be scared and sick and angry over what could become a radical change in a normal life for the citizens of the UK. When you fear for your nation's children at the hands of zealots bent on bringing chaos, a nation will do anything to protect them and that makes for a lot of change in normal life.

It seems to be one thing for adults to say, "Screw you, we will carry on" and another to say that their children will "carry on" and how could it not be extremely different.

Stay safe.

Thank you Jeanne, I'm more composed now, I just don't like losing control but as a parent its tough sometimes.
25-05-2017, 03:54 PM
So apparently the Main suspect in this was reported to authorities by fellow Muslims 5 separate times as a potential threat and each was ignored. Kind of shoots that who why don't they call out their own bs don't it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-05-2017, 06:50 PM
(25-05-2017 10:29 AM)adey67 Wrote:  The New York times defends its decision to publish pictures of detonators etc by saying it wasn't disrespectful to the dead but that's not the issue, the issue is giving away information that could compromise the investigation into this event. Stupid fucking dicks. Drinking Beverage

It's a lame excuse but the Times is caught in the usual media conundrum of "If we don't publish it our competitors will." It isn't as if Trump only runs his mouth to a select few. The only real surprise is that he didn't tweet it. Facepalm

Here's hoping that the British authorities can clear this up quickly and not just for the obvious reasons. If Trump's flapping cakehole ends up getting Brits killed then the damage will go a long way beyond the immediate death toll.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.