Manchester England

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2017, 08:10 AM
RE: Manchester England
(26-05-2017 07:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 12:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  That's pretty much it. She's a total hottie though. I know that sounds strange to say, but look at a picture of her from the 50s or so. She was bangin'. The weird thing is that even now that she's old you can see that she's the same human. As much as everyone loves to hate the royals, that woman is all class.

Exactly, she is classy. She really cares about her people. I mean can Americans really say that about their royal families? When you see this Manchester attack you expect some sort of response from the singer who's concert it happened at. Like you expect her to do something nice (not expect as in she has too, but you just know she's gonna respond somehow). But you don't immediately think "Oh, the Queen should probably do something." She didn't have to go see those victims but they were children and she cares so she did. She's also not a politician, she doesn't need to be seen doing it to attract votes. She could have stayed clear of this, made a statement condemning the attacks and maybe something nice like how we need to not blame all Muslims and come together or something fluff like that. But instead, she went to the hospital to see these kids in person.

HOW THE FUCK DO PEOPLE HATE THIS WOMEN!?

I like the queen. I think she's had some difficult choices, and she's gotten flack for that -- like when Diana died. I think she was seeing it all from a different pov, at the time.

I think also it's gotta be difficult to be in that kind fish bowl.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-05-2017, 09:12 AM
(26-05-2017 07:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
Exactly, she is classy. She really cares about her people. I mean can Americans really say that about their royal families? When you see this Manchester attack you expect some sort of response from the singer who's concert it happened at. Like you expect her to do something nice (not expect as in she has too, but you just know she's gonna respond somehow). But you don't immediately think "Oh, the Queen should probably do something." She didn't have to go see those victims but they were children and she cares so she did. She's also not a politician, she doesn't need to be seen doing it to attract votes. She could have stayed clear of this, made a statement condemning the attacks and maybe something nice like how we need to not blame all Muslims and come together or something fluff like that. But instead, she went to the hospital to see these kids in person.

HOW THE FUCK DO PEOPLE HATE THIS WOMEN!?

I don't think it's personal. It's what she represents.

Republicans (like me) aren't into an established elite holding power.

However, as the Brit Royal Family's role is largely ceremonial (opening stuff, charity stuff, churning out babies or getting married to distract the plebs from their economic woes) and without actual power, it's benign and good for selling tickets ... so we're not clamouring for regicide (reginacide) just the occasional culling of royal excesses.

As a parallel, I was very impressed when Tony Blair, after the 7th July 2005 bombings, visited the victims in hospital and insisted on no press coverage ... i.e. deliberately refused to use it as a photo-op...

... but I still think he should be arrested for war crimes.

Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
26-05-2017, 02:34 PM
(25-05-2017 03:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So apparently the Main suspect in this was reported to authorities by fellow Muslims 5 separate times as a potential threat and each was ignored. Kind of shoots that who why don't they call out their own bs don't it.

It's almost as if you want to ruin the narrative with facts.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
26-05-2017, 03:02 PM
(26-05-2017 09:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Republicans (like me) aren't into an established elite holding power.....

I'm also a staunch republican, here in Australia, where this silly old woman—and her inbred family— is considered a waste of oxygen and a massive drain on taxpayer dollars in order to maintain her "representatives" here, the governor-general, and half a dozen state governors.

Every time one of her multitude of family hangers-on travels to Australia, it costs us millions of dollars—literally—so they can visit schools and sporting events and hospitals, and glad-hand all their sycophants. I understand that UK taxpayers are also getting pissed off with the amount of money it costs to keep these hereditary leeches in the comfort they demand, and are considered increasingly irrelevant, mere figureheads in an enlightened 21st century.

Why should any single member of the British royal family enjoy massive wealth simply because of an accident of birth, or a night of passion between first cousins?

And as far as Betty visiting a Manchester bombing victim in hospital... Hypocrisy? Tokenism? Desperate PR? Ego trip? Media opportunity? Self-aggrandisement? Or all of the above? Remembering that this is a woman who in no way is ever in danger of being injured or killed in any random public terrorist bombing. The millions of pounds/euros spent annually on her security alone could build a dozen new schools or a couple of new hospitals.

I guess the one saving grace is that when Betty pops her clogs in a year or two, Australia can finally throw off the shackles of British imperialism, and become a truly independent republic. Can't happen soon enough for me.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
26-05-2017, 03:53 PM
(26-05-2017 03:02 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 09:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Republicans (like me) aren't into an established elite holding power.....

I'm also a staunch republican, here in Australia, where this silly old woman—and her inbred family— is considered a waste of oxygen and a massive drain on taxpayer dollars in order to maintain her "representatives" here, the governor-general, and half a dozen state governors.

Every time one of her multitude of family hangers-on travels to Australia, it costs us millions of dollars—literally—so they can visit schools and sporting events and hospitals, and glad-hand all their sycophants. I understand that UK taxpayers are also getting pissed off with the amount of money it costs to keep these hereditary leeches in the comfort they demand, and are considered increasingly irrelevant, mere figureheads in an enlightened 21st century.

Why should any single member of the British royal family enjoy massive wealth simply because of an accident of birth, or a night of passion between first cousins?

And as far as Betty visiting a Manchester bombing victim in hospital... Hypocrisy? Tokenism? Desperate PR? Ego trip? Media opportunity? Self-aggrandisement? Or all of the above? Remembering that this is a woman who in no way is ever in danger of being injured or killed in any random public terrorist bombing. The millions of pounds/euros spent annually on her security alone could build a dozen new schools or a couple of new hospitals.

I guess the one saving grace is that when Betty pops her clogs in a year or two, Australia can finally throw off the shackles of British imperialism, and become a truly independent republic. Can't happen soon enough for me.

Subtle as usual SYZ, Dodgy
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
26-05-2017, 04:22 PM
(26-05-2017 03:53 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(26-05-2017 03:02 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I'm also a staunch republican, here in Australia, where this silly old woman—and her inbred family— is considered a waste of oxygen and a massive drain on taxpayer dollars in order to maintain her "representatives" here, the governor-general, and half a dozen state governors.

Subtle as usual SYZ, Dodgy

And not the least bit bitter.

I don't care why she went to visit this girl in the hospital...see the smile on the girl's face? Perhaps she likes the royals, maybe she is thrilled by the visit. Seeing her smile like that is a good thing...after what she has been through, a few minutes of happiness is a wonderful thing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Quote:Why should any single member of the British royal family enjoy massive wealth simply because of an accident of birth, or a night of passion between first cousins?

Look at your life. Done that? Ok good. Now look at someone's life living in say North Korea or Syria or Somalia (where millions are starving due to drought) etc..
Why should you have a relatively nice life compared to them and live in a stable good nation with good healthcare/education/opportunities/running clean water etc..

Why should you get all that above someone in far worst situation to you just because of a roll of the birth dice??
The argument that they shouldn't get any of what they have because they were born into it is fucking retarded and makes you look like a jealous retard.

Quote:Remembering that this is a woman who in no way is ever in danger of being injured or killed in any random public terrorist bombing.

More so. She's a huge target, the fact that she has to have security is proof. Not to mention tards like you who would likely hound her needlessly if she didn't have said security.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-05-2017, 09:00 PM
Manchester England
(26-05-2017 03:02 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Why should any single member of the British royal family enjoy massive wealth simply because of an accident of birth, or a night of passion between first cousins?

Because the British people volunteer to give their money to them. I think it's crazy.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
26-05-2017, 09:46 PM
(26-05-2017 03:53 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Subtle as usual SYZ, Dodgy

LOL... I guess I'm one of those people that tells it like it is, without fear or favour. Can anybody here give me one single reason why the monarch of another country should demand so much respect from the Australian people? And also one single benefit the royal family's existence provides for the average UK man in the street?

—I'm guessing not. They're a 19th century anachronism that's long ago ceased to have any relevancy, apart from the pomp and ceremony that the Brits so (apparently) love.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
27-05-2017, 02:07 AM
(24-05-2017 07:43 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I know they have good intentions but that Pray for Manchester shit needs to stop. It people didn't believe they could communicate telepathically with non-existant beings this wouldn't have happened. It's time to root out the cause. Beliefs lead to action. Stupid beliefs lead to stupid actions. Believing in prayer is stupid.

That pissed me off too. Let's all pray to the correct magical sky fairy, not like those evil people doing the will of a different sky fairy.

What are they even saying? Pray that God bandages up and cares for the survivors, after doing nothing to stop the attack in the first place?

The fact that they are asking you to pray implies God is not even planning to care for the survivors either, and needs convincing.

All religious thinking is utter bullshit. I look forward to seeing it fade away.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post