Manchester England

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2017, 04:10 AM
RE: Manchester England
This is so horrific.

I hate the idea of heaven/paradise so much. I wish it could be erased from every human brain.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
23-05-2017, 04:26 AM
Part of my family comes from Manchester so I know it well, I also know they are kind but tough people and they and my country will prevail. The loss of children and young person is horrific, but Isis are unfortunately like that. As much as I dislike Trump his response was appreciated here they are indeed fucking losers thanks to everyone for the lovely responses here and fuck those terrorist assholes. Sad
23-05-2017, 04:35 AM
Arndale centre in Manchester being evacuated shots fired. Breaking news. Bastards Angry
23-05-2017, 04:52 AM
False alarm at the shopping centre thankfully.
23-05-2017, 05:11 AM
(23-05-2017 03:56 AM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  I was planning to go to Manchester today. That got cancelled when I switched the radio on this morning and found out about this appalling horror.

There is a COBRA meeting going on at the moment in Downing Street. There should be a press briefing fairly soon.

[Cobra committee meetings deal with national emergencies - it stands for Cabinet Office Briefing Room A, where the meetings are usually held.]

Cool acronym.

#sigh
23-05-2017, 05:38 AM
Losing a loved one, especially a child, in such circumstances has to be unbelievably devastating. The perp is evil. Obviously.

That aside, religion is a problem. But it isn't the problem. It is just the tool that contributes to one aspect of the problem. If we focus on it solely the way we have been, I think we will fail to understand what's going on.

Those of us old enough will likely remember the IRA terror campaigns of the 70s, 80s and 90s. The perps were Irish Catholics. Catholicism was a part of the problem. But it was not the problem.

There was a more fundamental problem that fueled that conflict and it had nothing to do with the superstious beliefs promoted by the Vatican. I suspect that is also the situation today, but with different actors.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post
23-05-2017, 06:06 AM
Manchester England
I don't even know how to comment on this. It's so horrific.
23-05-2017, 06:08 AM
(23-05-2017 05:38 AM)tomilay Wrote:  Losing a loved one, especially a child, in such circumstances has to be unbelievably devastating. The perp is evil. Obviously.

That aside, religion is a problem. But it isn't the problem. It is just the tool that contributes to one aspect of the problem. If we focus on it solely the way we have been, I think we will fail to understand what's going on.

Those of us old enough will likely remember the IRA terror campaigns of the 70s, 80s and 90s. The perps were Irish Catholics. Catholicism was a part of the problem. But it was not the problem.

There was a more fundamental problem that fueled that conflict and it had nothing to do with the superstious beliefs promoted by the Vatican. I suspect that is also the situation today, but with different actors.

I remember the IRA attacks the difference between the two is that the republican attacks were frequently preceded by warnings giving time to clear the area, their purpose was terror and disruption Isis gives no warning their purpose is to kill and kill in the most cowardly way possible, they are a different kettle of fish altogether Imo.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
23-05-2017, 06:11 AM
Cowards...cowards kill children.

This is horrifying.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-05-2017, 06:41 AM
One of the victims was a little girl she was only 8 years old Sadcryface