That is absolutely gut-wrenching. Sad

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
23-05-2017, 05:42 PM
Manchester England
The problem I have with most Muslims is that they turn a blind eye to this shit. I realize that all of them are not this way but I dare say the bulk of them are.

I don't hate them though. They were brainwashed from birth.
23-05-2017, 05:49 PM
RE: Manchester England
(23-05-2017 05:42 PM)KUSA Wrote:  The problem I have with most Muslims is that they turn a blind eye to this shit. I realize that all of them are not this way but I dare say the bulk of them are.

That perspective is more likely down to the media turning a blind eye to Muslims who do object, who do help out, or more usually, are themselves the victims of such attacks.

If there is no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world.

Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being, it is up to all of us to become his moral superior.

| (• ◡•)|  (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
23-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Manchester England
(23-05-2017 05:49 PM)Callinectes Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 05:42 PM)KUSA Wrote:  The problem I have with most Muslims is that they turn a blind eye to this shit. I realize that all of them are not this way but I dare say the bulk of them are.

That perspective is more likely down to the media turning a blind eye to Muslims who do object, who do help out, or more usually, are themselves the victims of such attacks.

You have a point. Why do you think the media slants it like this?
23-05-2017, 06:52 PM
(23-05-2017 05:56 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 05:49 PM)Callinectes Wrote:  That perspective is more likely down to the media turning a blind eye to Muslims who do object, who do help out, or more usually, are themselves the victims of such attacks.

You have a point. Why do you think the media slants it like this?

The media exists firstly to sell itself and secondly to support its owners' corporate interests. It reports the truth only insofar as it serves these priorities or imposes no untoward costs on them (and isn't too hard a task for the crop of so-called journalists that it employs at the time).

When you have a culture eager to demonise an outsider group, and an emotionally charged scenario where people desire a target for blame, that is a clear avenue to pursue the first interest of selling itself. Sooth people's sense of powerlessness, take advantage of the ever-profitable reptilian portion of our brain, an easy job.

It might also play into the second if you can help drum up support for a new war. War is extremely costly, but money spent goes somewhere. The arms industry, for example. And they always have a finger in the media pie. I'm not saying that they're in charge, there are lots of independent corporate interests involved which push and pull on each other. But sometimes those interests align, and when they do its very hard to resist that cumulative momentum.

If there is no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world.

Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being, it is up to all of us to become his moral superior.

| (• ◡•)|  (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
[+] 2 users Like Callinectes's post
23-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Manchester England
You got to love fake news.
23-05-2017, 10:48 PM

As a former Muslim, I completely agree to that. It is true that all of the Muslims (actually, most of the Muslims who don't know about the real teachings of Islam) are not like this. But anyone who is a devout Muslim, have high chances of becoming a terrorist. I used to believe that Islam is the religion of peace all my life (because I didn't know about those horrible verses of Quran), to be honest, I was "brainwashed" since childhood to think it is "the religion of peace". but as soon as I started reading the quran and the hadith thoroughly, it stopped making any sense and I felt repulsive. I understood that it is far from being the religion of peace. In fact, it is not a religion at all. it is a totalitarian ideology. We were taught since the childhood that "muslims will rule the world one day". The ultimate goal of Islam is world domination and that is through "terror" just like their prophet did.
[+] 4 users Like TheUnholy's post
24-05-2017, 12:44 AM
There comes also something good with this horrible event, imho. Drinking Beverage

It will be a good yardstick to judge people you meet in future discussions about religion and extremism.

Children seem to have been the intended and only target of this assault. This will be a good denominator to differentiate between people still worth to talk to and people that just have to be opposed and fought/pushed back.

If you meet anyone who is going to defend the targeting of innocent children and children alone, then you know you have met someone you dont need to waste your time anymore on discussing/arguing with.

If you meet someone who is (besides everything else he/she may say about the event) still able/willing to show sympathy for the murdered children, then you have met someone still worth your time talking to.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
24-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Why am I so stressed about this? We have been here before, I'm British I'm not supposed to get stressed but yet I keep crying for our lost youth, perhaps it's having children of my own idk, I hate this, I fucking hate it, those poor people, I'm sorry for being so weak and sad I know I have no right I'm just devastated and I don't know why. # really angry #really sad thanks for letting me vent, # sorry to fellow Brits for letting the side down. Sad
24-05-2017, 01:14 PM
(24-05-2017 12:29 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Why am I so stressed about this? We have been here before, I'm British I'm not supposed to get stressed but yet I keep crying for our lost youth, perhaps it's having children of my own idk, I hate this, I fucking hate it, those poor people, I'm sorry for being so weak and sad I know I have no right I'm just devastated and I don't know why. # really angry #really sad thanks for letting me vent, # sorry to fellow Brits for letting the side down. Sad

I think having kids is a big part of it. It was for me, anyway. Harder to stay detached from situations involving violence against children once you're a parent who experiences first hand, every day, exactly how helpless and dependent they really are.

I used to be able to file such experiences in the "just another random fucked up thing in the world" folder and move on without glancing back. Not so easy to do now.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post