Mandela effect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2017, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2017 08:56 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: Mandela effect
(24-04-2017 08:26 AM)SYZ Wrote:  "'Play it again, Sam" spoken by Humphrey Bogart?

Nope. "Play it, Sam" spoken by Ingrid Bergman.

He said the same thing (sans Sam) later in the film as an angry command.

I love that movie.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-04-2017, 08:58 AM
(24-04-2017 08:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 08:26 AM)SYZ Wrote:  "'Play it again, Sam" spoken by Humphrey Bogart?

Nope. "Play it, Sam" spoken by Ingrid Bergman.

He said the same thing (sans Sam) later in the film as an angry command.

I love that movie.

Me too, I love the old movies my favourite is Mrs Miniver.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
24-04-2017, 09:34 AM
Oh remember abour "mirror mirror on the wall" vs "magic mirror on the wall"
There was a woman on youtube, conspiracy nut. She pulled out a story book where it says "mirror mirror" and then showed the movie with "magic mirror" and that was her proof. Like never came to her that maybe Disney takes some artistic freedom? Big Grin (Just like naming the dwarfs and all that?)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
24-04-2017, 06:00 PM
And the way that Bernie Sanders actually won the 2016 election but we all misremember that.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
24-04-2017, 06:04 PM
(24-04-2017 06:00 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  And the way that Bernie Sanders actually won the 2016 election but we all misremember that.
Must have been a time traveller who changed history

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
24-04-2017, 07:37 PM
(24-04-2017 06:04 PM)Leerob Wrote:  
(24-04-2017 06:00 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  And the way that Bernie Sanders actually won the 2016 election but we all misremember that.
Must have been a time traveller who changed history

It's a government cover-up and the government's from 2358. Yes

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
25-04-2017, 04:58 AM
Most people believe that the human tongue has specific "taste" zones as per...

[Image: 243529_5_.png]

But... this map is totally wrong. The entire surface of the tongue can respond to any of the different tastes; sweet, salty, sour, and bitter.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
30-04-2017, 04:39 PM
I hate crud like this.

I don't have anyway to back this up or anything, but I think it's fairly reasonable for people, when presented with a question with a blatantly obvious answer, to start second guessing themselves. There must be some reason they're being asked something with such an obvious answer, right? Maybe the answer isn't so obvious, maybe it actually is the other one, in fact, yeah, I think I kind of remember the other one...and so, more feeding into this.

Also, this is another one of those claims that, should you believe it, should make the world terrifying.

I haven't heard it described as time travelers, I've heard that you slipped into another dimension. Which would be extremely freaky. You, with no warning, have entered another world. Your parents are not your parents. Your friends are not your friends. Your room is not your room. They may be very much like them, but they're not actually them. Now there's another version of you living your life. And since apparently there are a fuckton of different dimensions with minor, odd changes, whose to say that other you actually acts like you do (who says they aren't dangerous, even? And now around your actual family)? There's no way to find out, and there's no way to get back.

That crud should be horrifying. Or, at the very least, kind of creepy. But no one thinks that far.

But of course the most infuriating part is the ability to dismiss any mistakes as being the worlds' fault, not yours. That and the general stupidity. I imagine there are more people who legitimately can't figure out how multiple people could remember something wrong than people just terrified of being wrong about stupid crud.

(24-04-2017 06:18 AM)Leerob Wrote:  Here is the Micky Mouse one: He has the buttons that you would need for suspenders and tons of suspenders for children are made by Disney and have Micky Mouse on them. Our brain connects the both and gives Micky Mouse suspender.

Plus, Mickey's had so many outfits through the past half a century you might have actually seen him in suspenders at some point.

Like this;

[Image: latest?cb=20120320051845]

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post