Manga

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2012, 08:26 PM
RE: Manga
(03-04-2012 08:46 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Have you ever checked out galax express 999? I really consider it Matsumoto's opus. If you really get into it he visits upon so many types of planets and life. That series went on forever and there was no real need for it to ever end.
That sounds vaguely familiar.....Galax Express 999? Hmmmm.....might look into that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2012, 11:02 PM
I haven't seen it. Yet... But I will. Soon.

Thanks.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
05-04-2012, 11:17 PM
(05-04-2012 05:28 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  Reading Hellsing as we speak! Watched all the released original series. Also working on the Ultimate. In love with INTEGRA! Been smitten with her character since episodes were caught by my little eyes. Think I have a thing for Brits! Or English people.... drives my hubby nuts. Personally CANNOT STAND SERAS!
Watched Cowboy Bebop, may look into Manga.
Watched some of the original FullMetal. Loved...Lust. She was just....different, and ummm....keep forgeting his darn name. The dark haired captain.....this is sad.
Watched Wolf's Rain as well, not too shabby.

I've got to agree with you on Integra. What an amazing, sexy voice! I could listen to her read a telephone phonebook.

As for Fullmetal... it's Roy Mustang, the Flame Alchemist! And I can't believe you didn't mention the most bad-ass female of the series, First Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye!

"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." -- Carlos Santana
06-04-2012, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2012 05:37 AM by Filox.)
Hey, when you watch anime like Hellsing, do you prefer to put English dub, or Japanese with eng subtitles? I tried English, it is good, but original is always better, so I tend to watch them all in Japanese with subtitles (English). Original is original... Although, I must admit, it is much harder to follow it like that.

Harro!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
06-04-2012, 02:48 AM
Man, you got Filox all wound up. Big Grin

I don't read no silly-assed Japanese sextoons. (Might as well get him wound up some more. Wink )

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-04-2012, 09:34 AM
(06-04-2012 02:19 AM)Filox Wrote:  Hey, when you watch anime like Hellsing, do you prefer to put English dub, or Japanese with eng subtitles? I tried English, it is good, but original is always better, so I tend to watch them all in Japanese with subtitles (English). Original is original... Although, I must admit, it is much harder to follow it like that.

Harro!

Big Grin
When I watch anime, I watch it. So long as the subtitles are legible.

A man's greatest pitfall is none other than himself. For only he can dig himself a hole he cannot get out of.
06-04-2012, 10:49 AM
When they're illegible I'm generally asked what's being said =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post
14-04-2012, 09:59 PM
I've been reading manga for two years now, though I haven't read as much this year because I'm in my final year of high school. I'm reading Hikaru no Go and Gantz at the moment, and previously I've read (in no particular order) Black Cat, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Death Note, Defence Devil, Mai the ESP Girl, Yurara, King of Thorn, Zatch Bell, D. Grayman, Fullmetal Alchemist, High School of the Dead and Nephilim John.
14-04-2012, 10:02 PM
(14-04-2012 09:59 PM)TheOneWhoWasntChosen Wrote:  I've been reading manga for two years now, though I haven't read as much this year because I'm in my final year of high school. I'm reading Hikaru no Go and Gantz at the moment, and previously I've read (in no particular order) Black Cat, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Death Note, Defence Devil, Mai the ESP Girl, Yurara, King of Thorn, Zatch Bell, D. Grayman, Fullmetal Alchemist, High School of the Dead and Nephilim John.
You've read nothing until you've read Berserk!

At least that's what Filox will say and I have to back him up just a bit. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-04-2012, 10:13 PM
(14-04-2012 10:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(14-04-2012 09:59 PM)TheOneWhoWasntChosen Wrote:  I've been reading manga for two years now, though I haven't read as much this year because I'm in my final year of high school. I'm reading Hikaru no Go and Gantz at the moment, and previously I've read (in no particular order) Black Cat, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Death Note, Defence Devil, Mai the ESP Girl, Yurara, King of Thorn, Zatch Bell, D. Grayman, Fullmetal Alchemist, High School of the Dead and Nephilim John.
You've read nothing until you've read Berserk!

At least that's what Filox will say and I have to back him up just a bit. Big Grin
There's always people like that, lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kenji (Boxing Boy) Manga ghostexorcist 0 44 09-08-2014 03:51 PM
Last Post: ghostexorcist
  Manga thread Shinigami-sama 1 197 03-01-2014 07:35 AM
Last Post: MegaHentai