Manga

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2012, 02:58 PM
RE: Manga
(02-04-2012 03:16 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(31-03-2012 06:56 PM)AnotherSinner Wrote:  Watched some of that series and fell in love with it! If the manga is half as good as the anime then yes I am game!

Wait what?!? Half as good? It's 10 time more brutal, bloody and dark than that children's cartoon. Hell yeah it's better!

Smile

I always find it interesting how no one ever heard of Berserk, yet it is the most popular manga in Japan for the last 20 years... Anyway, not to repeat myself, here is the link, we have discussed it here... So, you have all the data there, on the link, for any other questions, please do contact me, I will be glad to help.

[Image: sv.php?w=konachan_com__28444_berserk_gut...amp;v=view]
Thanks a bunch! May not be the biggest Manga fan out there, but have been into Beserk from the moment I started watching it and was sorely disappointed when I found the anime series incomplete. Hope the Manga is finished.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Anime are often incomplete. Eventually they catch up to the manga and can't keep going with the storyline in their small deadlines. Generally shows are cut and revisited later. Often though the next run takes so long that the company gives up on another season. Still I really prefer anime to manga. There is so much more of a feeling that you're experiencing someone else's world when it's so detailed. The lack of descriptions in manga really leave a lot to your own interpretation. I like feeling the story of someone else rather than inputting my story.

Something you should definitely look at in one form or another is shiki. It was a wonderful book which made a wonderful managa and anime. They made the manga and anime for it simultaneously =p It's a really wonderful story. I'll leave the synopsis out so that if you look you'll start pretty fresh ~_^

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
02-04-2012, 03:51 PM
I've seen several movies and TV shows based on manga, but I've never read any of the original material. The only manga that I have ever read was one called Kenji (Boxing Boy). The writer was a Japanese practitioner and historian of Chinese martial arts. He used his knowledge in this area to infuse his fights with real martial arts moves, as well as real historical content. The main character was a young Japanese boy named Kenji who practiced the Chinese martial art of Baji boxing. The parts of the series that I read were really good. I only stopped once I learned the website that I was reading it on was giving people a virus. I'll have to look it up on another website sometime.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
03-04-2012, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2012 08:36 AM by Filox.)
Hey AnotherSinner, yeah Berserk manga is finished... Aha, you can trust me and start reading it.

... ...

And now when you read all 37 volumes and see that we are only half way there, you ARE going to find me and kill me, because it is coming out sooooo slowly that it will take another 10-20 years to finish. It all started in December 1, 1990 and it is about half way there, maybe more than half, but no one still know what Miura is thinking and we all just pray to all Gods that he lives long enough, or else I am going to have to raise him from the dead... I've been following it for the last 5-10 years, after I saw all the series and I just had a feeling there is more. Somewhere.

Anyway, they are doing new anime, this time with much more manga content than before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk_(manga)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMOS3YDCSE
Here is the first 10 minutes of the first movie, that is the only thing that leaked out so far, the rest (of the first movie) will not be censored and will be coming to DVD in about a month.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEgcHdTb8t4

As for the manga, please contact me about it, or read the post before, I have left you the link in my previous post. I've said everything there is to say there, left links for torrents and all other nice things.

Oh yeah, it's black&white, you read it from right to left...

EDIT:

Fuck me sideways, look at this, I can not believe that this is coming out this summer, THE BEST THING EVER!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...4wdshVQiXc

Off I go jerk a bit...

EPIC!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
03-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Some of the best never seem to end. I'm a big fan of Hunter x Hunter which is only less known since the author often has health issues which cause hiatuses. It's another series where a new production company has started an anime since the old liscense was dropped due to the manga not moving fast enough. Oddly though the new Hunter x Hunter is a lot more shounen than the original anime.

Who here played the Berserk dreamcast game? That was an awesome adaptation. I got a lot of play out of it. Too bad it never got released in the foreign markets.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
03-04-2012, 08:39 AM
I tried the PS2 game, but since it is all in Japanese and I do not own a PS2, I just tried it a bit. Never could get how to save a game. Japanese and all that.

Smile

As for the end, Miura (the author) knows about the end, there is the end, it is not meant to go on forever, it only takes forever for him to give us new pages of it...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
03-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Have you ever checked out galax express 999? I really consider it Matsumoto's opus. If you really get into it he visits upon so many types of planets and life. That series went on forever and there was no real need for it to ever end.

[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
04-04-2012, 03:51 PM
I tihnk my two favorite mangas would be Gunnm ([font=sans-serif]Battle Angel Alita) and Akira.[/font]
[font=sans-serif]My favorite animes are probably K-ON!! and Angel beats Big Grin[/font]
[font=sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=sans-serif]And there's coming a Battle Angel Alita film directed by James Cameron Smile[/font]

A rebellious atheist since nineteen ninety five.

I killed your god and replaced it with myself! So bow before my supremacy my sheeps.
If you think about it you will see what sheep means Wink
[+] 1 user Likes reindeer's post
05-04-2012, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2012 05:31 PM by AnotherSinner.)
(02-04-2012 12:38 AM)Zephony Wrote:  I will admit, I do love me some manga. So far, I have read:

Hellsing - Simply Amazing! If you haven't, check out the two anime series. There are the originals from 2003-04 and they're currently working on a 10 part OVA series. The first four have been dubbed into english, the next five can only be found subbed, and the tenth episode has yet to be released.
Hellsing: The Dawn - A prequel series that's still in the making. I believe there have been six chapters released.
Highschool of the Dead - Highschoolers trying to survive the zombie apocalypse with your typical Japanese humor and oversized tits.
Battle Royal - Lucradis hit the nail on the head with this one. Good manga, passable movie.
Naruto - In one word, ninjas. I recommend NOT watching the associated anime for this. There are literally seasons of fillers that have nothing to do with the manga.
Bleach - This one is a bit harder to explain. "Soul Reapers" fight spirit monsters to help save the living. Same advice as the Naruto anime.
Fullmetal Alchemist - The story of two brothers who live in a world where alchemy prevailed over mechanical science. As with Hellsing, there are two different anime series, and a movie!

While I haven't read the manga, series I would suggest based off of the anime:
Cowboy Bebop - If for nothing but amazing blues music, find the OST from the anime
Ergo Proxy
Ghost in the Shell
Outlaw Star
Scrapped Princess
Wolf's Rain

Also, while not technically considered manga, check out these graphic novels:
Scott Pilgrim
The Walking Dead

Every series I've mentioned above has an accompanying anime series and or moive that's as good if not better than the manga, with the notable exceptions of Battle Royal, Naruto, and Bleach.

That list should keep you busy for a while Big Grin

Reading Hellsing as we speak! Watched all the released original series. Also working on the Ultimate. In love with INTEGRA! Been smitten with her character since episodes were caught by my little eyes. Think I have a thing for Brits! Or English people.... drives my hubby nuts. Personally CANNOT STAND SERAS!
Watched Cowboy Bebop, may look into Manga.
Watched some of the original FullMetal. Loved...Lust. She was just....different, and ummm....keep forgeting his darn name. The dark haired captain.....this is sad.
Watched Wolf's Rain as well, not too shabby.

(03-04-2012 08:27 AM)Filox Wrote:  Hey AnotherSinner, yeah Berserk manga is finished... Aha, you can trust me and start reading it.

... ...

And now when you read all 37 volumes and see that we are only half way there, you ARE going to find me and kill me, because it is coming out sooooo slowly that it will take another 10-20 years to finish. It all started in December 1, 1990 and it is about half way there, maybe more than half, but no one still know what Miura is thinking and we all just pray to all Gods that he lives long enough, or else I am going to have to raise him from the dead... I've been following it for the last 5-10 years, after I saw all the series and I just had a feeling there is more. Somewhere.

Anyway, they are doing new anime, this time with much more manga content than before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk_(manga)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGMOS3YDCSE
Here is the first 10 minutes of the first movie, that is the only thing that leaked out so far, the rest (of the first movie) will not be censored and will be coming to DVD in about a month.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEgcHdTb8t4

As for the manga, please contact me about it, or read the post before, I have left you the link in my previous post. I've said everything there is to say there, left links for torrents and all other nice things.

Oh yeah, it's black&white, you read it from right to left...

EDIT:

Fuck me sideways, look at this, I can not believe that this is coming out this summer, THE BEST THING EVER!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...4wdshVQiXc

Off I go jerk a bit...

EPIC!

Big Grin

Will look into Beserk for sure! Not a big fan of Kenshin.....
[+] 1 user Likes AnotherSinner's post
05-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Negima is probably one of my favorite of all time. Made by the author of Love Hina, Ken Akamatsu.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab