Manger Scenes at Restaurants/Buisinesses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2013, 06:46 AM
RE: Manger Scenes at Restaurants/Buisinesses
If it was a national chain…I would probably call corporate and just deal with whatever the answer was from them. I live in North Carolina so I tolerate a lot on a normal day, but eventually things pile up and you hit a point that you just can't take anymore. For some reason, I can tolerate manger scenes but signs over the play area saying 'Happy Birthday Jesus' really irk me. Mostly because I feel like its preying on the children. It's like my kids have a little target on their backs and getting hit with Jesus poisoned arrows or something.

I certainly wouldn't go back there, but I wouldn't try getting a free meal out of it either.

As to the employee side of things, I belong to a local atheist group on Facebook and there is a guy there that works in a call center and he is being told they HAVE TO say 'Merry Christmas" when answering the phone. Its privately owned, but I don't know where the line is of what is legal/illegal to do to employees in this regard.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
11-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Wtaf was that woman thinking? Nobody forced her to eat there? Also,i have no problem with manger scenes.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
11-12-2013, 08:44 AM
I kind of like it actually, and the reason is...... the more jebus stuff a business has, the less likely they are to get my money. I really love the ones that have jebus stuff up all year long. I also like knowing the protocals of big chain stores in relation to religious beliefs, the nuttier they are, the less I go there, if at all.

Tho during this season, christmas decorations dont bother me at all, in fact I enjoy them. I dont personally care to decorate my own place because its just to much work, however before my wife became ill, she would do the place up with lights and santa, frosty and such (no nativity scene).... it was a pretty sight.
11-12-2013, 09:00 AM
(11-12-2013 08:44 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Tho during this season, christmas decorations dont bother me at all, in fact I enjoy them. I dont personally care to decorate my own place because its just to much work, however before my wife became ill, she would do the place up with lights and santa, frosty and such (no nativity scene).... it was a pretty sight.

I hope you wife is doing better.

My decorating cut way back when I got sick a few years ago. I pretty much cut out Christmas décor and use my energy instead to do it up big for Halloween. I do notice the lights in my neighborhood and remember the days of going all out, especially when my kids were young.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Small potatoes, not a big deal at all if its private business. I don't mind manger scenes in fact they are usually kind of boring. All about the humble beginnings of being poor and then you get freaking gold and turns out your a fucking god! Best birthday ever. I much prefer those Japanese and Chinese shrines, they are gorgeous.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
13-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Meh, it doesn't bother me. If it does, I remind myself that the Statue Of Liberty is a pagan goddess.

"There is a circle here that links us to one another: we each want to be happy; the social feeling of love is one of our greatest sources of happiness; and love entails that we be concerned for the happiness of others. We discover that we can be selfish together."
-Sam Harris