Manitoba to be renamed...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Manitoba to be renamed...
"Peopleitoba"

True story Angel

"WINNIPEG, PB—Having recently corrected a young woman’s use of the word “mankind” instead of the more socially acceptable “peoplekind”, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau today signalled his intention to have the province of Manitoba permanently renamed “Peopleitoba”.

The comments arose during the PM’s latest town hall in Winnipeg, where one woman asked how his government planned to help the many wounded veterans such as herself currently struggling financially in Manitoba.

“You know, that’s okay, but we actually say Peopleitoba now,” the PM responded sharply. “You see this is the problem with our country. How can we expect women to advance in our society when they live in a place literally named after men. Something needs to change.”

Repeatedly reminding those in attendance that the current year is 2018, Trudeau stated that it was impossible for the women of Canada’s 5th most populous province to feel truly equal so long as “exclusionary terms such as Manitoba” continue to be used.

“To think that in 2018 we still have a province’s name containing the word man is embarrassing but it won’t be for much longer. We are a fully inclusive country and the people of Manitoba need to accept that.”

“That’s why I’m proposing the province currently known as Manitoba be permanently renamed to a more modern name that fully represents the thousands of genders that make it up,” the Prime Minister declared, adding, “plus Peopleitoba just rolls off the tongue more.”

“How did the first province to allow women the right to vote come to this?” he wondered aloud. “It’s a disgrace and the human beings of the great province of Peopleitoba deserve better.”

Once it has been officially renamed, the Prime Minister will next set his sights on changing other archaic, sexist words such as “human” and “woman”, suggesting Canadians needed to be extra vigilant of words containing the letters “m” “a” and “n” consecutively, and immediately report any offending terms to the relevant authorities."

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Vera's post
06-02-2018, 07:51 PM
RE: Manitoba to be renamed...

#sigh
06-02-2018, 08:06 PM
hehe.

06-02-2018, 08:09 PM
(06-02-2018 07:43 PM)Vera Wrote:  "Peopleitoba"

True story Angel

"WINNIPEG, PB—Having recently corrected a young woman’s use of the word “mankind” instead of the more socially acceptable “peoplekind”, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau today signalled his intention to have the province of Manitoba permanently renamed “Peopleitoba”.

The comments arose during the PM’s latest town hall in Winnipeg, where one woman asked how his government planned to help the many wounded veterans such as herself currently struggling financially in Manitoba.

“You know, that’s okay, but we actually say Peopleitoba now,” the PM responded sharply. “You see this is the problem with our country. How can we expect women to advance in our society when they live in a place literally named after men. Something needs to change.”

Repeatedly reminding those in attendance that the current year is 2018, Trudeau stated that it was impossible for the women of Canada’s 5th most populous province to feel truly equal so long as “exclusionary terms such as Manitoba” continue to be used.

“To think that in 2018 we still have a province’s name containing the word man is embarrassing but it won’t be for much longer. We are a fully inclusive country and the people of Manitoba need to accept that.”

“That’s why I’m proposing the province currently known as Manitoba be permanently renamed to a more modern name that fully represents the thousands of genders that make it up,” the Prime Minister declared, adding, “plus Peopleitoba just rolls off the tongue more.”

“How did the first province to allow women the right to vote come to this?” he wondered aloud. “It’s a disgrace and the human beings of the great province of Peopleitoba deserve better.”

Once it has been officially renamed, the Prime Minister will next set his sights on changing other archaic, sexist words such as “human” and “woman”, suggesting Canadians needed to be extra vigilant of words containing the letters “m” “a” and “n” consecutively, and immediately report any offending terms to the relevant authorities."

Wasn't he a boxer ? I think he has that brain thingy football players get.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-02-2018, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2018 08:18 PM by Kaneda.)
(06-02-2018 07:43 PM)Vera Wrote:  “WINNIPEG, PB—Having recently corrected a young woman’s use of the word “mankind” instead of the more socially acceptable “peoplekind”, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau today signalled his intention to have the province of Manitoba permanently renamed “Peopleitoba”.

[Image: giphy.gif]
07-02-2018, 03:01 AM
This other site is something like Onion?

Also peoplekind? Seriously?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
07-02-2018, 06:49 AM
It is with great sadness that I announce the news that Canada has been pronounced to be suffering from the effects of a degenerative mental impairment.
Moment of silence for a once great nation.

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
07-02-2018, 07:31 AM
(07-02-2018 03:01 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  This other site is something like Onion?

Yeah, it's a Canadian satire site. I quite like it.

And yeah, I still can't believe anyone can actually say this with a straight face. In public. In front of journalists.

It's because of people like this that it's not just the rabid right-wingers who start to foam at the mouth at the mere mention of political correctness.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
07-02-2018, 07:48 AM
(07-02-2018 07:31 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 03:01 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  This other site is something like Onion?

Yeah, it's a Canadian satire site. I quite like it.

I must admit that for few moments I thought that it might not be a satirical site.

Quote:And yeah, I still can't believe anyone can actually say this with a straight face. In public. In front of journalists.

It's because of people like this that it's not just the rabid right-wingers who start to foam at the mouth at the mere mention of political correctness.

Uttering is one thing - it's mere symptom of disease that could be called shit for brains, but you're right I too had trouble with believing that BBC news isn't some kind of joke.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-02-2018, 06:00 PM
(06-02-2018 07:43 PM)Vera Wrote:  "Peopleitoba"

True story Angel

Big Grin

Somewhere I have a column by a local journalist proposing a hardcore effort to degenderfy the language. He took particular umbrage at replacing "man" or "woman" with "person", pointing out the male bias of the second syllable.

He suggested that at a very minimum we needed to start using the companion term "perdaughter". But at the end, in the interests of efficiency, suggested moving from "person" to the single blanket term "persibling".

This, mind you, was written nearly 30 years ago.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post