Manly to Girly - Why don't you just kill yourself?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2015, 01:06 AM
RE: Manly to Girly - Why don't you just kill yourself?
(11-03-2015 11:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  Why not kill yourself? Personally... it's just that... if you do, you never know what came next in the story. Sure, things might be shitty, but they can improve. Maybe you would have an awesome next 5 years. Maybe your son becomes the first man on Mars. Maybe *you* go to Mars... You know, if you don't stick around... you'll never get to see the world and what happens... There could be all kindsa cool stuff.

Had this very conversation with a dear friend just last night. For her curiosity kept her alive.

Secondly, it's actually bloody difficult killing yourself. You may not care about living, but you really need to want to die before you can do it. The very act of killing yourself is actually very difficult if you are going to do it properly, if you don't want to risk staying alive and making your life worse, if you don't want to die too painfully, if you want to be able to go through with it and don't want to leave a big mess for others.

So generally it's just easier to get on with life and sort out whatever's wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
12-03-2015, 07:41 AM
(12-03-2015 01:06 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 11:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  Why not kill yourself? Personally... it's just that... if you do, you never know what came next in the story. Sure, things might be shitty, but they can improve. Maybe you would have an awesome next 5 years. Maybe your son becomes the first man on Mars. Maybe *you* go to Mars... You know, if you don't stick around... you'll never get to see the world and what happens... There could be all kindsa cool stuff.

Had this very conversation with a dear friend just last night. For her curiosity kept her alive.

Secondly, it's actually bloody difficult killing yourself. You may not care about living, but you really need to want to die before you can do it. The very act of killing yourself is actually very difficult if you are going to do it properly, if you don't want to risk staying alive and making your life worse, if you don't want to die too painfully, if you want to be able to go through with it and don't want to leave a big mess for others.

So generally it's just easier to get on with life and sort out whatever's wrong.

Oh, bad move. Facepalm He already has it worked out; this sounds like a challenge. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
12-03-2015, 09:02 AM
(11-03-2015 04:34 PM)kim Wrote:  Now, why would she say this thing? Undecided
(And your wife sounds frustrated, she needs Heart for her, too)

She's just expressing her frustration when I get depressed.

(12-03-2015 07:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 01:06 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Secondly, it's actually bloody difficult killing yourself. You may not care about living, but you really need to want to die before you can do it. The very act of killing yourself is actually very difficult if you are going to do it properly, if you don't want to risk staying alive and making your life worse, if you don't want to die too painfully, if you want to be able to go through with it and don't want to leave a big mess for others.

Oh, bad move. Facepalm He already has it worked out; this sounds like a challenge. Weeping

Nitrogen exit bag. No muss, no fuss. Unconscious in 10 seconds, dead in a couple of minutes and you don't even notice it and it's undetectable in an autopsy.

(12-03-2015 01:06 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Had this very conversation with a dear friend just last night. For her curiosity kept her alive.

For me it's laziness I guess. Why bother? It'll be over soon enough without me accelerating my demise.

I haven't been suicidal for a long time now. My depression no longer manifests that way. And after reading all of your kind and supportive replies I think I had the answer all along and just forgot it, "Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me." Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 10 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-03-2015, 09:21 AM
(12-03-2015 09:02 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
"Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, some people like me." Big Grin

Fixt that for yer.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
12-03-2015, 09:27 AM
[Image: you-is-kind.jpg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
12-03-2015, 10:03 AM
(11-03-2015 03:49 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Hug
2. Your kids...and theirs

^^^^ that
For the rest of all their lives, they would have it on their minds, that somehow they failed you, (even though they didn't), and wonder about what they could have done differently.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-03-2015, 10:28 AM
And Girly, isn't there a video of you sitting down to the computer and falling out of the chair??

Just that one video alone, just that few seconds of funny was enough for me to want to adore you and give you a big hug. How human you are, just like me and everyone else. We all love you......you big galoot.

HeartHugHeartBowing

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 6 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-03-2015, 04:47 PM
[Image: sumo-wrestling-funny.png]

Get back out there and ground some references!

Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-03-2015, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 05:27 PM by GirlyMan.)
Goddam.

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-03-2015, 05:15 PM
The number of Guley's excluive smiles has grown, now that your name, too, is drenched in sacrificial blood! Evil_monster

Anjele is the only one to get [Image: smiley-hug013.gif] ever!
Girlyman gets [Image: smiley-char066.gif] & no one else!

If the sumo's no good, I can find another! Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post