• 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Mantis Religiosa (Praying Mantis) vs. Idolomantis Diabolica
Which one do you like more?

[Mantis Religiosa]
[Image: praying-mantis.jpg]

Idolomantis Diabolica
[Image: idolomantis-diabolica.jpg]

Next time you're faced with the theist feared question: "We have a Praying Mantis. Why don't you have an Atehist Mantis?" you can show them this picture Evil_monster

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2012, 12:43 PM
RE: Mantis Religiosa (Praying Mantis) vs. Idolomantis Diabolica
I prefer the praying mantis because of its beautiful color and very sleek body. I might be a little biased, though. I've caught them in the past and even had one as a pet for a short time. Pet is not really the correct work to use. It was more like two individuals with mutual curiosity. While serving in the military, I was "blown up" during tactical exercises and had to wait in my truck for several days until I could be recycled as a "new" soldier. It was during this time that a praying mantis sat in the cab with me. She would leave (presumably for food), but then she would always come back.

The fact that Christians use it as a symbol is very, very stupid. They obviously don't know what their "praying" arms are used for. They've never seen them use the arms to catch prey like birds, frogs, lizards, and other insects. (I would love for such a person to let a mantis grab a hold of them. Those spines are rather painful!) If they are using the praying mantis as an example, does that mean Christian women like to eat the heads of their husbands?
08-08-2012, 05:24 PM
I do prefer the Idolomantis, at least in a picture. I'm sure I don't want to have one near me, though.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
08-08-2012, 11:11 PM
none, the females are batshit crazy they eat the males.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
18-09-2012, 12:08 AM
(08-08-2012 11:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  none, the females are batshit crazy they eat the males.

The preying mantis is very cool. Next time you encounter one in the wild walk up to it and look into the eyes. Then move around from side to side keeping your eyes on its' eyes. It will keep turning its' head to follow your eyes. Talk about creepy. I always feel as if they are studying me.
18-09-2012, 12:33 AM
The Idolomantis Diabolica. It looks sweet, plus it's bigger, isn't it?

I've never seen either up close.
18-09-2012, 08:45 AM
(18-09-2012 12:08 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(08-08-2012 11:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  none, the females are batshit crazy they eat the males.

The preying mantis is very cool. Next time you encounter one in the wild walk up to it and look into the eyes. Then move around from side to side keeping your eyes on its' eyes. It will keep turning its' head to follow your eyes. Talk about creepy. I always feel as if they are studying me.
Of course they're studying you. And when the right time comes, they will invade our planet and enslave us all.
[+] 1 user Likes Vlad's post
18-09-2012, 10:39 PM
(18-09-2012 08:45 AM)Vlad Wrote:  
(18-09-2012 12:08 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The preying mantis is very cool. Next time you encounter one in the wild walk up to it and look into the eyes. Then move around from side to side keeping your eyes on its' eyes. It will keep turning its' head to follow your eyes. Talk about creepy. I always feel as if they are studying me.
Of course they're studying you. And when the right time comes, they will invade our planet and enslave us all.

This guy knows what the fuck he's talking about.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
19-09-2012, 03:54 AM
(18-09-2012 12:08 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The preying mantis.

Yeah, that's what he really is.
19-09-2012, 06:31 AM
(08-08-2012 12:43 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  The fact that Christians use it as a symbol is very, very stupid. They obviously don't know what their "praying" arms are used for. They've never seen them use the arms to catch prey like birds, frogs, lizards, and other insects. (I would love for such a person to let a mantis grab a hold of them. Those spines are rather painful!) If they are using the praying mantis as an example, does that mean Christian women like to eat the heads of their husbands?
Actually sort of yes, based on my podcast listening (LAF) there is a huge problem in Christian community with wives abusing their husbands. Christianity is all woman-bashing so the women try to get the power back from men through marriage. They deny them sex and diminish their sexuality or intimacy altogether, which results in one hell of a home life and long-term syndrome of guilt and psychosomatic impotence. So yes, there definitely is a similarity. Christian women don't devour their husbands during mating, they devour their maleness, confidence and sense of self-worth. Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post