Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 10:26 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  If you guys want to prove me wrong and shut me up just point me to one Christian that follows what they claim to believe. Just remember that means the entire new testament plus whatever parts of the old it references.

This is an interesting and funny read about a guy who tried to adhere to every command in the bible for a year and folow it literally...not possible unless you want to end up on death row.

http://ajjacobs.com/books/the-year-of-li...iblically/

“Often very funny [but] it's ultimately a thoughtful and endearing study of the limits of biblical literalism and the possibilities of moral and spiritual self-improvement.”
–Houston Chronicle

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2014, 11:06 PM
(30-01-2014 11:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:55 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  Once again can you or anyone here just answer the question in post 74 of just so with the ad hoc crap?

This is post 74. It's not even from you!

(30-01-2014 10:22 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Kellyrm, not everyone can be reasoned with.

Seriously wtf?

It may not have been him, but it's so fitting, right? I believe in the god of irony!

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
30-01-2014, 11:10 PM
(30-01-2014 10:55 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It is bachelor. Christianity, unlike a blanket term for all men who have never married (for example a man who lives with a woman can still be considered a bachelor), comes in many varieties.

Some tenets of religions are far more strict than others -- but you dismiss that outrightly since you've never met them. Perhaps you need to expand your world view a little? Consider

Once again can you or anyone here just answer the question in post 74 of just so with the ad hoc crap?

Post #74 isn't asking a question.
Do you mean "ad hominem"?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
30-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Re: RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 10:58 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:55 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  Once again can you or anyone here just answer the question in post 74 of just so with the ad hoc crap?

Post 74 is telling me that not everybody can be reasoned with...what the fuck?! I'm going to bed...it's clearly happy hour wherever you live.

I'm on tapatalk. Do you know what that is? I have said it a few times on this forum. My post Appeared as 74 when I posted it but she to the fucking wolf pack posting spree, four posts showed up after and my post is 78 but since you decide to aid me of being drunk, go fuck yourself you piece of shit.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 11:13 PM
(30-01-2014 11:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

This is post 74. It's not even from you!

(30-01-2014 10:22 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Kellyrm, not everyone can be reasoned with.

Seriously wtf?

I gave you an answer, I know a family, and you dismissed it saying you know better. Fine...

No, I did they own their home a s whatever belongings are in it.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 11:14 PM
(30-01-2014 11:12 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:58 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  Post 74 is telling me that not everybody can be reasoned with...what the fuck?! I'm going to bed...it's clearly happy hour wherever you live.

I'm on tapatalk. Do you know what that is? I have said it a few times on this forum. My post Appeared as 74 when I posted it but she to the fucking wolf pack posting spree, four posts showed up after and my post is 78 but since you decide to aid me of being drunk, go fuck yourself you piece of shit.

You sure do know how to sweet talk a lady Cool Good night!

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
30-01-2014, 11:15 PM
(30-01-2014 11:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:26 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  If you guys want to prove me wrong and shut me up just point me to one Christian that follows what they claim to believe. Just remember that means the entire new testament plus whatever parts of the old it references.

This is an interesting and funny read about a guy who tried to adhere to every command in the bible for a year and folow it literally...not possible unless you want to end up on death row.

“Often very funny [but] it's ultimately a thoughtful and endearing study of the limits of biblical literalism and the possibilities of moral and spiritual self-improvement.”
–Houston Chronicle

What does the word Tried mean to you?

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 11:16 PM
(30-01-2014 11:15 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 11:06 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This is an interesting and funny read about a guy who tried to adhere to every command in the bible for a year and folow it literally...not possible unless you want to end up on death row.

–Houston Chronicle

What does the word Tried mean to you?

It sure as fuck doesn't mean BELIEVE!!! Ok, last post for real this time...

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
30-01-2014, 11:18 PM
(30-01-2014 11:16 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 11:15 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  What does the word Tried mean to you?

It sure as fuck doesn't mean BELIEVE!!! Ok, last post for real this time...

You picked a doozy to discuss this with, or did the doozy pick you? Consider

30-01-2014, 11:37 PM
(30-01-2014 11:13 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 11:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is post 74. It's not even from you!

Seriously wtf?

I gave you an answer, I know a family, and you dismissed it saying you know better. Fine...

No, I did they own their home a s whatever belongings are in it.

The is over 200 years old they don't have plumbing or electicty (I nearly left after two days, but stayed a week). But they do make their furniture and it was gorgeous. The bed. I gotta admit was the most comfortable I've ever slept in -- no springs, no traditional mattress. They even let me milk a cow...it's true. My friend makes the most gorgeous quilts.

They barter for most of their needs, they grow their own food, slaughter their own animals (not around me). I don't really agree with them on some things -- seriously no running water...no washing machine (ack) no Internet...no phone! I had to use my rental car to charge my phone.

They gave me a table, no nails...it's a gorgeous peice in my foyer (even if the kids fucked it up by opening the front door too wide) Dodgy

No Phil you made an assumption, based on a presuppositional opinion that you quickly threw together and assumed, perhaps since no one has challenged your world view, it must be right.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post