Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Re: RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 11:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 11:13 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  No, I did they own their home a s whatever belongings are in it.

The is over 200 years old they don't have plumbing or electicty (I nearly left after two days, but stayed a week). But they do make their furniture and it was gorgeous. The bed. I gotta admit was the most comfortable I've ever slept in -- no springs, no traditional mattress. They even let me milk a cow...it's true. My friend makes the most gorgeous quilts.

They barter for most of their needs, they grow their own food, slaughter their own animals (not around me). I don't really agree with them on some things -- seriously no running water...no washing machine (ack) no Internet...no phone! I had to use my rental car to charge my phone.

They gave me a table, no nails...it's a gorgeous peice in my foyer (even if the kids fucked it up by opening the front door too wide) Dodgy

No Phil you made an assumption, based on a presuppositional opinion that you quickly threw together and assumed, perhaps since no one has challenged your world view, it must be right.

So I said and will say again, I didn't write the bible. If they believe it, the bible tells them to sell it.

Using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 11:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 11:13 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  No, I did they own their home a s whatever belongings are in it.

The is over 200 years old they don't have plumbing or electicty (I nearly left after two days, but stayed a week). But they do make their furniture and it was gorgeous. The bed. I gotta admit was the most comfortable I've ever slept in -- no springs, no traditional mattress. They even let me milk a cow...it's true. My friend makes the most gorgeous quilts.

They barter for most of their needs, they grow their own food, slaughter their own animals (not around me). I don't really agree with them on some things -- seriously no running water...no washing machine (ack) no Internet...no phone! I had to use my rental car to charge my phone.

They gave me a table, no nails...it's a gorgeous peice in my foyer (even if the kids fucked it up by opening the front door too wide) Dodgy

No Phil you made an assumption, based on a presuppositional opinion that you quickly threw together and assumed, perhaps since no one has challenged your world view, it must be right.

Are your relatives Amish?

31-01-2014, 01:11 AM
(31-01-2014 12:04 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 11:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The is over 200 years old they don't have plumbing or electicty (I nearly left after two days, but stayed a week). But they do make their furniture and it was gorgeous. The bed. I gotta admit was the most comfortable I've ever slept in -- no springs, no traditional mattress. They even let me milk a cow...it's true. My friend makes the most gorgeous quilts.

Are your relatives Amish?

Technically yes. But they're kinda out on their own.

She's a pen-pal I've been writing to since the 6th grade (I've saved all her letters). Her marriage was technically arranged. Our teacher wanted us to reach out to other children across the country. I chose her at random.

I love the way they live, it's fascinating to me, but totally not for me.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

31-01-2014, 01:20 AM
(30-01-2014 11:39 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 11:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The is over 200 years old they don't have plumbing or electicty (I nearly left after two days, but stayed a week). But they do make their furniture and it was gorgeous. The bed. I gotta admit was the most comfortable I've ever slept in -- no springs, no traditional mattress. They even let me milk a cow...it's true. My friend makes the most gorgeous quilts.

So I said and will say again, I didn't write the bible. If they believe it, the bible tells them to sell it.

Which verse(s) are you referencing? There are many passages that denounce wealth, and debt. The old testament has many verses about caring for your home, land and animals. Women, children and slaves were all considered possessions. Jesus hardly walked around nude.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

31-01-2014, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2014 03:45 AM by Phil Hill.)
Hi
(31-01-2014 01:20 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 11:39 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  So I said and will say again, I didn't write the bible. If they believe it, the bible tells them to sell it.

Which verse(s) are you referencing? There are many passages that denounce wealth, and debt. The old testament has many verses about caring for your home, land and animals. Women, children and slaves were all considered possessions. Jesus hardly walked around nude.

Did you miss where I said new testament and whatever parts of old it references?

EDIT : Once again, I didn't write the bible. If you want to point out it's inconsistentcies it isn't my problem nor does it invalidate what I said.

Using Tapatalk
31-01-2014, 04:07 AM
(30-01-2014 02:44 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  ... Keep in mind that Jesus did say Christians just follow the commandments and also to sell everything you own and his it to the poor.
No command is given to sell everything a "christian" owns.
However, since you're so adamant about it, I'm confident you'll post a reference.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
31-01-2014, 04:12 AM
(31-01-2014 04:07 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 02:44 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  ... Keep in mind that Jesus did say Christians just follow the commandments and also to sell everything you own and his it to the poor.
No command is given to sell everything a "christian" owns.
However, since you're so adamant about it, I'm confident you'll post a reference.

You never read the bible have you? The verse is Matthew 19:21. Being that you're a Christian, do you have treasure in heaven according to this or are you not following the bible?

Using Tapatalk
31-01-2014, 04:42 AM
(30-01-2014 08:44 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  What in the fuck just happened here?!?!

Phil happened. Phil continues to happen. Big Grin

Your claim is ridiculous, Phil. It's pretty much illegal to strictly follow the Bible.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
31-01-2014, 04:53 AM
(31-01-2014 04:42 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 08:44 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  What in the fuck just happened here?!?!

Phil happened. Phil continues to happen. Big Grin

Your claim is ridiculous, Phil. It's pretty much illegal to strictly follow the Bible.

Man you are dumber than a bunch of rocks. What difference does it make to my claim if people can't follow the new testament and the parts of the old it references? You are so Damn stupid you are agreeing with me and don't know it.

Using Tapatalk
31-01-2014, 04:55 AM
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. Can any of you just answer or do you want to continue with your ad hoc mental masturbation?

Using Tapatalk