Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2014, 07:27 AM
RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(31-01-2014 06:38 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 06:16 AM)Phil Hill Wrote:  That post was directed to Kestrel unless you also called me a hostile nonbeliever. Learn to fucking read.

You mean I didn't win the internet? Sadcryface2

LOL as far as I'm concerned~yes, you did win the Internet.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kellyrm's post
31-01-2014, 08:14 AM
(31-01-2014 06:02 AM)Phil Hill Wrote:  If isn't a suggestion it says all what you have and give to the poor. There are many other verses in the new testament that tell you not to have material possessions. Not to mention the many other verses that tell you to follow the commandments and go to synagogue on Sabbath. BTW, since I am discussing this with you and it has been done so calmly, why did you find it because to call me hostile? If you really want, I can be hostile to you so you can see the difference but since you saw fit to act all holier than thou with your condescending attitude, don't bother replying to me because I won't be replying to you.

Hostile isn't always defined as "mean" or "violent". It also can be used, as I did, in the adversarial sense.
But ok.
Drinking Beverage

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
31-01-2014, 08:29 AM
Jesus Christ, Phil. Go start your own thread. I'm not saying your point isn't worth discussing, but it's been literally 12 pages since this thread was remotely on topic.

Me: "Holy shit! My thread ballooned to 14 pages!"

* starts reading at page 2 where I left off *

Me: Ugh.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
31-01-2014, 08:33 AM
Re: RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(31-01-2014 08:29 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Jesus Christ, Phil. Go start your own thread. I'm not saying your point isn't worth discussing, but it's been literally 12 pages since this thread was remotely on topic.

Not my fault. I made one post and the wolfpack of groupthink jumped to attack.

Using Tapatalk
31-01-2014, 08:35 AM
(31-01-2014 08:33 AM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 08:29 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Jesus Christ, Phil. Go start your own thread. I'm not saying your point isn't worth discussing, but it's been literally 12 pages since this thread was remotely on topic.

Not my fault. I made one post and the wolfpack of groupthink jumped to attack.
You didn't "make a post," you spoke out of your ass.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
[+] 4 users Like kellyrm's post
31-01-2014, 08:39 AM
But ok, since the original topic was the bullshit that is prayer and FB was mentioned...maybe this fits in here.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user Likes kellyrm's post
31-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Or this one...ya know, just pray that everybody gets what they want/need...simple fix, right? Somebody should have thought of this sooner! Rolleyes

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

31-01-2014, 09:20 AM
What's funny about those (especially the first one), is that I honestly can't tell if that's satire or not. It's so crazy, Poe's Law is in full effect.

If they are serious, it's almost like they recognize and admit the own futility of their prayer with the whole "your will" thing.

"God. I know you're going go to what you're going to do, but I hope you're going to do what I want you to do. Please, do what I want you to do. You know, if you want to. Thanks!"

WTF!?
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
31-01-2014, 09:26 AM
(31-01-2014 09:20 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  What's funny about those (especially the first one), is that I honestly can't tell if that's satire or not. It's so crazy, Poe's Law is in full effect.

If they are serious, it's almost like they recognize and admit the own futility of their prayer with the whole "your will" thing.

"God. I know you're going go to what you're going to do, but I hope you're going to do what I want you to do. Please, do what I want you to do. You know, if you want to. Thanks!"

WTF!?

Exactly. However~when you ask them about it being god's will for them not to be able to (in this case) chat on FB, it's suddenly ME who doesn't understand the power or prayer. Unfuckinbelievable. No, this wasn't satire~it's from some lunatic group on FB called PRAYER CIRCLE...and it's FULL of similar nonsense.

[+] 2 users Like kellyrm's post
31-01-2014, 10:24 AM
I guess, I shouldn't be surprised. If the Bible is so full of contradictions, it only makes sense that a lot of theology, apologetics, and the real-life applications of those two would be equally contradictory.

I just wonder why it's not more obvious. I was the same way, too. I would just assume there was no contradiction because I didn't want there to be one. If one was pointed out, I'd use some vague excuse of "mysterious ways". Wishful thinking, I guess.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post