Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2014, 09:37 PM
RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 09:24 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  my point is that the are no Christians that really believe what they say they believe.

And it was explained to you that the above statement is in principle unverifiable and hence not actually a piece of knowledge but rather just a prejudice that you hold.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2014, 09:42 PM
(30-01-2014 10:55 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  Once again can you or anyone here just answer the question in post 74 of just so with the ad hoc crap?

Do you know what ad hoc means?
31-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Fuckin hell, Chippy! Sextuple post?!

(31-01-2014 08:23 PM)Elfsiren Wrote:  Edit: I just found this forum in Tapatalk. I think the question is a good one. I'm a (pretend?) Christian and thought I'd put in my two cents. I know you guys might be unwilling to speak to me or let me speak, but I promise I'll behave! Big Grin

Welcome!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
31-01-2014, 10:48 PM
(31-01-2014 10:24 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Fuckin hell, Chippy! Sextuple post?!
C-C-C-Combobreaker!

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
31-01-2014, 10:59 PM
(31-01-2014 08:23 PM)Elfsiren Wrote:  Is it really necessary for a Christian to be defined by belief in the Bible? If they don't believe the things in the Bible, are they a pretend Christian?

Edit: I just found this forum in Tapatalk. I think the question is a good one. I'm a (pretend?) Christian and thought I'd put in my two cents. I know you guys might be unwilling to speak to me or let me speak, but I promise I'll behave! Big Grin

Considering you apologized as you made your first post, you're okay by me, because at the very least no one could claim you to be an asshole. Hopefully you'll be a good addition. Stick around, and we might see.

31-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Re: RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(31-01-2014 10:59 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(31-01-2014 08:23 PM)Elfsiren Wrote:  Is it really necessary for a Christian to be defined by belief in the Bible? If they don't believe the things in the Bible, are they a pretend Christian?

Edit: I just found this forum in Tapatalk. I think the question is a good one. I'm a (pretend?) Christian and thought I'd put in my two cents. I know you guys might be unwilling to speak to me or let me speak, but I promise I'll behave! Big Grin

Considering you apologized as you made your first post, you're okay by me, because at the very least no one could claim you to be an asshole. Hopefully you'll be a good addition. Stick around, and we might see.

*Laughs* I'm a polite person who y nature. I'm here to be questioned, and to answer. I'm not a fundamentalist, and truth be told they make me want to bang my head against a wall. I'm afraid I won't have conventional answers for you, and I'm a horrible scripture quoter. Wink

Using Tapatalk
01-02-2014, 04:36 PM
(30-01-2014 09:37 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Phil I understand what you're saying, but it's your delivery that needs work. It wouid seem that you believe you're the smartest one here and the rest of us are just idiots.

Good luck with that.

No, if I thought that I wouldn't bother posting here. I do think that those arguing against what I said really don't know what the Bible claims more do I understand why they are engaging in the same type of ad hoc arguments they recognize instantly when a Christian used them.

The argument is not about the Bible (or shouldn't be), but whether any Christians practice their beliefs.
Most Christians, in my experience, do not believe all of the Bible and do believe many things that aren't Biblical. Few, if any, of them have read the whole Bible; most have read a tiny fraction.

So, yes, there are Christians who practice what they say they believe.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post