Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Re: RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 07:36 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 07:24 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  According to what they claim to believe their actions most certainly must match their beliefs now I'm still waiting for you to name one Christian.
No, you don't understand what I'm saying. If someone's behavior doesn't reflect his beliefs, that doesn't make him a liar, it makes him a hypocrite.

No according to what Christians claim to believe their actions must agree with their beliefs. I'm not going to argue with you about this. You either give me the name of a Christian who's actions meet the criteria I specified of just admit you can't. No shame in admitting you can't.

Using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2014, 07:59 PM
RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 07:42 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  No according to what Christians claim to believe their actions must agree with their beliefs. I'm not going to argue with you about this. You either give me the name of a Christian who's actions meet the criteria I specified of just admit you can't. No shame in admitting you can't.
In order to answer your question with a name, I would have to know a Christian whose actions I have observed 24/7 for most of their Christian life. I can't give you a name because I know no such person.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
30-01-2014, 08:08 PM
(30-01-2014 07:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 07:42 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  No according to what Christians claim to believe their actions must agree with their beliefs. I'm not going to argue with you about this. You either give me the name of a Christian who's actions meet the criteria I specified of just admit you can't. No shame in admitting you can't.
In order to answer your question with a name, I would have to know a Christian whose actions I have observed 24/7 for most of their Christian life. I can't give you a name because I know no such person.

Then how the fuck can you say I'm arrogant when you refuse to answer a simple fucking question you idiot?

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 08:23 PM
(30-01-2014 07:24 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 07:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
Yeah, well, about that... that's not an answer to my question since a Christian's beliefs don't have to reflect his actions. At best, you can argue that many Christians don't behave in a Christ-like manner, but the assertion that they don't actually believe what they say they believe does not only reek of arrogance, it's completely unsupportable.

According to what they claim to believe their actions most certainly must match their beliefs now I'm still waiting for you to name one Christian.

No, their actions do not speak to their beliefs... If they believe they can repent on their death bed.
30-01-2014, 08:25 PM
(30-01-2014 08:08 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  Then how the fuck can you say I'm arrogant when you refuse to answer a simple fucking question you idiot?
What are you talking about? I gave you a straight-forward answer in my last post, namely that I can't provide you with a name.

Having said that, I can tell you that you're arrogant because you pretend to know things you know nothing about. In response to my question pertaining to your claim that there are no Christians with Christian beliefs, you asserted, without evidence (e.g. Bible verses), that a Christian whose actions don't reflect his beliefs is not a Christian because that is what Christian beliefs allegedly mandate. In spite of the fact that this is the central point of your argument, you refuse to discuss its validity by your own admittance ("I'm not going to argue with you about this.").

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
30-01-2014, 08:26 PM
(30-01-2014 08:23 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 07:24 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  According to what they claim to believe their actions most certainly must match their beliefs now I'm still waiting for you to name one Christian.

No, their actions do not speak to their beliefs... If they believe they can repent on their death bed.

You apparently never read the gospels. Try reading the words in red. But nobody is talking about a deathbed conversion, we are talking about those who claim to be Christians.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 08:33 PM
(30-01-2014 08:08 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 07:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  In order to answer your question with a name, I would have to know a Christian whose actions I have observed 24/7 for most of their Christian life. I can't give you a name because I know no such person.

Then how the fuck can you say I'm arrogant when you refuse to answer a simple fucking question you idiot?

You seem rather quick in jumping to insults. Maybe you should consider the possibility that you're wrong, and your statement did convey arrogance. You made a blanket statement that cannot be validated. Even if your statement were true for an entire city, state, country... You've completely ignored the uneducated and forgotten parts of the world where it is likely you will find people who absolutely believe such garbage.
30-01-2014, 08:34 PM
(30-01-2014 08:08 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 07:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  In order to answer your question with a name, I would have to know a Christian whose actions I have observed 24/7 for most of their Christian life. I can't give you a name because I know no such person.

That's a little harsh. He's answered your question respectfully and to the best of his ability.

For the record I know a whole family of Christain types who do live and follow the bible. I've been pen-pals with them for more than 30 years. I've met and stayed with them. To me, they're a little odd....but they are happy in their lives.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

30-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Do they own anything? If they do they are not following what the it says in the bible. And no, he didn't answer my question and he even said he can't. What makes you think he did?

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 08:44 PM
What in the fuck just happened here?!?!

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post