Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 08:50 PM
RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 08:44 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  What in the fuck just happened here?!?!

According to Phil:
"There are no Christians that actually believe what they claim to believe."

Then he got all pissy when asked how he knew that his blanket statement was true.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Re: RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 08:50 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 08:44 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  What in the fuck just happened here?!?!

According to Phil:

Then he got all pissy when asked how he knew that his blanket statement was true.

No he got all pissy when an arrogant idiot told me I was wrong although he refused to answer my question when an answer would have shown I was wrong. Try to keep up...

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 08:59 PM
(30-01-2014 08:56 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 08:50 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  According to Phil:

No he got all pissy when an arrogant idiot told me I was wrong although he refused to answer my question when an answer would have shown I was wrong. Try to keep up...

So he saved your arse, by not answering. Thank him later.
30-01-2014, 09:01 PM
(30-01-2014 08:59 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 08:56 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  No he got all pissy when an arrogant idiot told me I was wrong although he refused to answer my question when an answer would have shown I was wrong. Try to keep up...

So he saved your arse, by not answering. Thank him later.

No he didn't answer because my claim is correct. Try not to be such a smartass.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 09:02 PM
(30-01-2014 08:39 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  Do they own anything? If they do they are not following what the it says in the bible. And no, he didn't answer my question and he even said he can't. What makes you think he did?

I believe someone saying they cannot answer is actually in fact an answer. It's just not the one you want to hear. In other words, it might not be a satisfying answer but not all are.

They have lived on the same piece of land thats been in their family for a couple hundred years. They live exclusively "off grid" and haven't any bills or debt. They barter for services.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-01-2014, 09:04 PM
(30-01-2014 09:01 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 08:59 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  So he saved your arse, by not answering. Thank him later.

No he didn't answer because my claim is correct. Try not to be such a smartass.

Well i think you meant:

No he got all pissy when an arrogant idiot told me I was wrong although he refused to answer my question when an answer would have shown I was right. Try to keep up...
30-01-2014, 09:05 PM
(30-01-2014 08:50 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  

According to Phil:

Well color me confused because I just look back for the sorce of this schism, and found it's based on a question he asked me on a comment I made.
(30-01-2014 02:37 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  When I was young I always figured no one actually did [believe], but it's what your expected to say and do. But slowly I've discovered that they do, but it's still difficult for me to get that they actually do. I just deep down think they can't.

Then he responded with:
(30-01-2014 02:44 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  OK, point to one Christian that has ALL of their actions consistent with the bible they claim to believe in. [blah, blah, blah...]

Now I'm confuse here because I don't know why he asked me this question. It seems like I was more or less agreeing with him, that it's difficult to believe that they really do believe. But also stated I've had to learn that they actually seem to.

That's a fairly ambiguous statement I made there. And that was kind of the point of it, because I have a hard time believing people that really do. I accept that they seem to, but still, personally, find it difficult to really believe they do...so why was I asked this question?

(30-01-2014 08:56 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 08:50 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  According to Phil:

Even if someone followed EVERYTHING the bible says, it doesn't prove they believe it. Likewise, you can have someone who follows the bible as best as they can, believing every word of it, and praying for forgiveness when they fall short. You made a statement that you cant back up because you don't know what every christian believes.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
(30-01-2014 09:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 08:39 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  Do they own anything? If they do they are not following what the it says in the bible. And no, he didn't answer my question and he even said he can't. What makes you think he did?

I believe someone saying they cannot answer is actually in fact an answer. It's just not the one you want to hear. In other words, it might not be a satisfying answer but not all are.

They have lived on the same piece of land thats been in their family for a couple hundred years. They live exclusively "off grid" and haven't any bills or debt. They barter for services.

No, if isn't an answer. So in the house that they own which according to their beliefs they should sell, they have no furniture. Sorry but your example is not believable nor is it verifiable.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 09:06 PM
(30-01-2014 02:44 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  OK, point to one Christian that has ALL of their actions consistent with the bible they claim to believe in. [blah, blah, blah...]

Oh I know the answer!!!!! It's Bob Laughat

You don't know him, Bob's this dude who lives a couple blocks down the street. But yeah, the answer you're looking for is Bob.

I am assuming that was a real question, and not a rhetorical device.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post