Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 09:10 PM
RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 09:05 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I believe someone saying they cannot answer is actually in fact an answer. It's just not the one you want to hear. In other words, it might not be a satisfying answer but not all are.

They have lived on the same piece of land thats been in their family for a couple hundred years. They live exclusively "off grid" and haven't any bills or debt. They barter for services.

No, if isn't an answer. So in the house that they own which according to their beliefs they should sell, they have no furniture. Sorry but your example is not believable nor is it verifiable.

What that they live off grid or on homesteader land? Many people still do..and lots of people live off grid. .there isn't any cost to have mail delivered.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2014, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2014 09:25 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
To be clear, the bible is unfallowable. That's a major flaw with it. The more you read, learn, and study of it, the more you realize that you can't 100% follow it, because it doesn't work with itself.

Someone could 100% believe it, because they haven't read it. Ignorance is bliss, and most Christians live in blissful ignorance of their own book, so it's easy to believe something fullheatedly as long as the only thing you worry to go on, or know of it's words, is to believe.

30-01-2014, 09:13 PM
(30-01-2014 09:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:05 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  No, if isn't an answer. So in the house that they own which according to their beliefs they should sell, they have no furniture. Sorry but your example is not believable nor is it verifiable.

What that they live off grid or on homesteader land? Many people still do..and lots of people live off grid. .there isn't any cost to have mail delivered.

He has moved the goal posts... You needn't actually show someone living exactly as the bible says. The initial claim was that "There are no Christians that actually believe what they claim to believe.". It cannot be verified unless we can know what every christian believes. His statement had nothing to do with action, and even a 'hell bound' christian may certainly believe EVERY word of the bible. They neednt even have read the thing. A christian can still certainly believe "what they claim to believe"
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
30-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Re: RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 09:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:05 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  No, if isn't an answer. So in the house that they own which according to their beliefs they should sell, they have no furniture. Sorry but your example is not believable nor is it verifiable.

C'mon, did I wrote the Damn bible? If it says they should sell what they have it means they should all what they have. When it says they should follow the commandments, that's what it means. When it says they should go to synagogue on the Sabbath (it does day that), that is what they should do.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2014 09:24 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(30-01-2014 09:13 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  ... A christian can still certainly believe "what they claim to believe"

That's a good point. One can believe every word of it, but still choose to live in antagonism toward it. One could believe in God, believe there are right things to do according to the bible, believe they are not living up to them, and believe they are going to go to hell.

They may not in the least live life in accordance with the bible, but may still one hundred percent believe it all.

30-01-2014, 09:19 PM
(30-01-2014 09:14 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What that they live off grid or on homesteader land? Many people still do..and lots of people live off grid. .there isn't any cost to have mail delivered.

C'mon, did I wrote the Damn bible? If it says they should sell what they have it means they should all what they have. When it says they should follow the commandments, that's what it means. When it says they should go to synagogue on the Sabbath (it does day that), that is what they should do.

What in the holy fuck could possibly even be your point?

Why in the fuck are you even arguing this?

30-01-2014, 09:20 PM
(30-01-2014 09:13 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What that they live off grid or on homesteader land? Many people still do..and lots of people live off grid. .there isn't any cost to have mail delivered.

He has moved the goal posts... You needn't actually show someone living exactly as the bible says. The initial claim was that "There are no Christians that actually believe what they claim to believe.". It cannot be verified unless we can know what every christian believes. His statement had nothing to do with action, and even a 'hell bound' christian may certainly believe EVERY word of the bible. They neednt even have read the thing. A christian can still certainly believe "what they claim to believe"

No I haven't moron. Read what RJ said above your post. The bible can't be followed 100 percent. According to the bible they claim to believe, their actions must follow their beliefs. Where RJ and I differ is in our conclusion.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 09:23 PM
(30-01-2014 09:20 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  No I haven't moron. Read what RJ said above your post. The bible can't be followed 100 percent. According to the bible they claim to believe, their actions must follow their beliefs. Where RJ and I differ is in our conclusion.

I think maybe you need to reread what RJ wrote, because I think you missed the point of why I wrote it.

30-01-2014, 09:24 PM
(30-01-2014 09:19 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:14 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  C'mon, did I wrote the Damn bible? If it says they should sell what they have it means they should all what they have. When it says they should follow the commandments, that's what it means. When it says they should go to synagogue on the Sabbath (it does day that), that is what they should do.

What in the holy fuck could possibly even be your point?

Why in the fuck are you arguing this?

If you bothered to read my reply that started the idiot pack growling, my point is that the are no Christians that really believe what they say they believe. They are practicing self-deception. The question you need to ask is why is the idiot pack arguing.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Phil I understand what you're saying, but it's your delivery that needs work. It wouid seem that you believe you're the smartest one here and the rest of us are just idiots.

Good luck with that.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon