Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 09:24 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:19 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  What in the holy fuck could possibly even be your point?

Why in the fuck are you arguing this?

If you bothered to read my reply that started the idiot pack growling, my point is that the are no Christians that really believe what they say they believe. They are practicing self-deception. The question you need to ask is why is the idiot pack arguing.

Yes, religion is a delusion. We all know that. But belief doesn't have to be based in reality, or in practice. It just has to be belief. I'm certain a whole load of Christians flat out lie about some of their beliefs.

Others totally believe all of it, but don't know that half of what they believe is not even in the bible, but they still belief. They just don't know that they are wrong. But that's not to say they don't believe.

I agree that they are wrong, and that's why I try to expose to them that they are wrong, and that what they believe does not match with what's in the bible. But until they see that, and unless they accept that (<---key point there) then they still believe, because belief is a separate thing from knowing, or following.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
30-01-2014, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2014 09:35 PM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
(30-01-2014 09:20 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  No I haven't moron.

Insults don't make you any less assuming and arrogant in your initial statement:
"There are no Christians that actually believe what they claim to believe."

Also, you've forgotten a comma before moron, unless you are using "moron" as a verb. If you are using it as a verb, I think you certainly moron quite well.
30-01-2014, 09:32 PM
Also, Phil, stop being a dick.

30-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Re: RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 09:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Phil I understand what you're saying, but it's your delivery that needs work. It wouid seem that you believe you're the smartest one here and the rest of us are just idiots.

Good luck with that.

No, if I thought that I wouldn't bother posting here. I do think that those arguing against what I said really don't know what the Bible claims more do I understand why they are engaging in the same type of ad hoc arguments they recognize instantly when a Christian used them.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 09:38 PM
(30-01-2014 09:32 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Also, Phil, stop being a dick.
Fuck you

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 09:40 PM
(30-01-2014 09:38 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:32 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Also, Phil, stop being a dick.
Fuck you

So Consider I guess that's a no...

30-01-2014, 09:42 PM
(30-01-2014 09:40 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:38 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  Fuck you

So Consider I guess that's a no...

No, it's a fuck you. Didn't you read before you quoted it?

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 09:43 PM
We're fighting like kids now? A lot changed while I was gone...makes me sad. Behave guys...there's bigger battles to be fought!

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
[+] 2 users Like kellyrm's post
30-01-2014, 09:47 PM
(30-01-2014 09:37 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Phil I understand what you're saying, but it's your delivery that needs work. It wouid seem that you believe you're the smartest one here and the rest of us are just idiots.

Good luck with that.

No, if I thought that I wouldn't bother posting here. I do think that those arguing against what I said really don't know what the Bible claims more do I understand why they are engaging in the same type of ad hoc arguments they recognize instantly when a Christian used them.

Phil, I'd bet that most Christians don't follow the bible as it is meant to be followed. I have read the bible, and I'm not even sure if it can be followed. I also think its possible that none of them follow the bible exactly as they are supposed to. So maybe they're going to hell. Maybe they repent. In ANY case, it doesn't mean they disbelieve ANY of what they claim to believe.

Again, if you haven't moved the goal posts, "There are no Christians that actually believe what they claim to believe." is an assuming, arrogant, and unverifiable statement. You shouldn't start insulting people for drawing attention to that.
[+] 4 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
30-01-2014, 09:51 PM
(30-01-2014 09:37 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  

Good luck with that.

But you can't possibly know every single Christian in the whole world to make such a bold assertion. You're making assumptions (which could be be correct) that are equally impossible to determine.

You can easily make your point without throwing around ad homs and calling people moron.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post