30-01-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
30-01-2014, 09:53 PM
(30-01-2014 09:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:37 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  No, if I thought that I wouldn't bother posting here. I do think that those arguing against what I said really don't know what the Bible claims more do I understand why they are engaging in the same type of ad hoc arguments they recognize instantly when a Christian used them.
You can easily make your point without throwing around ad homs and calling people moron.

Yeah, don't be a dick, like I said.Sleepy

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
30-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Re: RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 09:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:37 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  No, if I thought that I wouldn't bother posting here. I do think that those arguing against what I said really don't know what the Bible claims more do I understand why they are engaging in the same type of ad hoc arguments they recognize instantly when a Christian used them.

But you can't possibly know every single Christian in the whole world to make such a bold assertion. You're making assumptions (which could be be correct) that are equally impossible to determine.

You can easily make your point without throwing around ad homs and calling people moron.

Don't need to. As a few people have already mentioned the bible can't be followed 100 percent. They claim to believe the bible which demands their actions follow it. They don't and that means there is at least one thing they claim to believe that they don't. I sure if any of you really thought about it you could find many more examples.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 09:59 PM
(30-01-2014 09:56 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But you can't possibly know every single Christian in the whole world to make such a bold assertion. You're making assumptions (which could be be correct) that are equally impossible to determine.

Don't need to. As a few people have already mentioned the bible can't be followed 100 percent. They claim to believe the bible which demands their actions follow it. They don't and that means there is at least one thing they claim to believe that they don't. I sure if any of you really thought about it you could find many more examples.

Are you using the words "believe" and "follow" interchangeably? What people believe and what they actually do can be different. When they don't follow what they are taught to believe, isn't that where all the guilt and fear comes in? Let me go back and read all of the comments, I might have missed something...but I'm bored and hopping in on this conversation Tongue

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
[+] 4 users Like kellyrm's post
30-01-2014, 10:04 PM
(30-01-2014 09:59 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:56 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  Don't need to. As a few people have already mentioned the bible can't be followed 100 percent. They claim to believe the bible which demands their actions follow it. They don't and that means there is at least one thing they claim to believe that they don't. I sure if any of you really thought about it you could find many more examples.

Are you using the words "believe" and "follow" interchangeably? What people believe and what they actually do can be different. When they don't follow what they are taught to believe, isn't that where all the guilt and fear comes in? Let me go back and read all of the comments, I might have missed something...but I'm bored and hopping in on this conversation Tongue

No I am not. Read the bible yourself, it makes it clear that a believers actions must follow everything in the bible. They claim to believe the bible yet they don't follow it. That means by their own criteria they don't believe what they claim.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 10:10 PM
(30-01-2014 10:04 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  ...They claim to believe the bible yet they don't follow it. That means by their own criteria they don't believe what they claim.

No, they believe it, and do not follow it. One can do both.

30-01-2014, 10:12 PM
(30-01-2014 10:04 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:59 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  Are you using the words "believe" and "follow" interchangeably? What people believe and what they actually do can be different. When they don't follow what they are taught to believe, isn't that where all the guilt and fear comes in? Let me go back and read all of the comments, I might have missed something...but I'm bored and hopping in on this conversation Tongue

No I am not. Read the bible yourself, it makes it clear that a believers actions must follow everything in the bible. They claim to believe the bible yet they don't follow it. That means by their own criteria they don't believe what they claim.

First, you've assumed I haven't read the bible...but anyway~that doesn't mean they don't BELIEVE that they SHOULD follow the bible...they believe they should, they just don't do it. So you saying they don't BELIEVE what they read just because they didn't FOLLOW it is still wrong

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
30-01-2014, 10:12 PM
(30-01-2014 10:10 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:04 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  ...They claim to believe the bible yet they don't follow it. That means by their own criteria they don't believe what they claim.

No, they believe it, and do not follow it. One can do both.

Not according to the bible. do you guys actually read it or just read what other Atheists day about it?

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 10:13 PM
(30-01-2014 10:12 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:04 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  No I am not. Read the bible yourself, it makes it clear that a believers actions must follow everything in the bible. They claim to believe the bible yet they don't follow it. That means by their own criteria they don't believe what they claim.

First, you've assumed I haven't read the bible...but anyway~that doesn't mean they don't BELIEVE that they SHOULD follow the bible...they believe they should, they just don't do it. So you saying they don't BELIEVE what they read just because they didn't FOLLOW it is still wrong

I made no assumption about you but now I am.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 10:16 PM
(30-01-2014 10:13 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:12 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  First, you've assumed I haven't read the bible...but anyway~that doesn't mean they don't BELIEVE that they SHOULD follow the bible...they believe they should, they just don't do it. So you saying they don't BELIEVE what they read just because they didn't FOLLOW it is still wrong

I made no assumption about you but now I am.

You know what they say about assuming. I BELIEVE my kitchen needs to be cleaned....I have no intention of cleaning it...does that mean I automatically quit believing it needs to be cleaned?? And even if it did (which it doesn't) does that mean ALL people who believe their kitchen needs to be cleaned who refuse to clean it automatically quit believing in the filth that is dirty dishes?

[+] 2 users Like kellyrm's post