Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 10:18 PM
RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
What you're telling us, in simplest terms, is that if a person does not follow through with something they believe, they cease to believe in it...which isn't how it works. I believe they call that sin in the theist world?

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Re: RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 10:16 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:13 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  I made no assumption about you but now I am.

You know what they say about assuming. I BELIEVE my kitchen needs to be cleaned....I have no intention of cleaning it...does that mean I automatically quit believing it needs to be cleaned?? And even if it did (which it doesn't) does that mean ALL people who believe their kitchen needs to be cleaned who refuse to clean it automatically quit believing in the filth that is dirty dishes?

What the hell does your fucking kitchen have to do with the bible? If the bible tells you you must follow it and you claim to believe the bible but don't follow it, you are deceiving yourself. Now please take your dumb ad hoc explanations and keep them to yourself because they don't hold any weight to me.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 10:22 PM
(30-01-2014 10:04 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  No I am not. Read the bible yourself, it makes it clear that a believers actions must follow everything in the bible. They claim to believe the bible yet they don't follow it. That means by their own criteria they don't believe what they claim.

You're still making a claim that you can't possibly know. Can you possibly know every single Christian in the world?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Kellyrm, not everyone can be reasoned with.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
30-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Re: RE: Many Christians don't believe their own apologetics
(30-01-2014 10:18 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  What you're telling us, in simplest terms, is that if a person does not follow through with something they believe, they cease to believe in it...which isn't how it works. I believe they call that sin in the theist world?

No, the bible tells them they must. I'm not telling them, I think the bible is full of shit.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 10:24 PM
(30-01-2014 10:20 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:16 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  You know what they say about assuming. I BELIEVE my kitchen needs to be cleaned....I have no intention of cleaning it...does that mean I automatically quit believing it needs to be cleaned?? And even if it did (which it doesn't) does that mean ALL people who believe their kitchen needs to be cleaned who refuse to clean it automatically quit believing in the filth that is dirty dishes?

What the hell does your fucking kitchen have to do with the bible? If the bible tells you you must follow it and you claim to believe the bible but don't follow it, you are deceiving yourself. Now please take your dumb ad hoc explanation and keep them to yourself because they don't hold any weight to me.
touch a nerve, did I? Can't take a little woman showing you the flaws of your argument? They're not deceiving themselves, they feel guilty for sinning and repent. That doesn't mean they don't really believe the bible...they just live with unnecessary emotions and put a few extra bucks in the bowl on Sunday.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
30-01-2014, 10:25 PM
(30-01-2014 10:23 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 10:18 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  What you're telling us, in simplest terms, is that if a person does not follow through with something they believe, they cease to believe in it...which isn't how it works. I believe they call that sin in the theist world?

No, the bible tells them they must. I'm not telling them, I think the bible is full of shit.

Just because the bible tells them they must and they DON'T doesn't mean they aren't "believers"....they're just fuck ups....my first response to this was to ask if you were using the words "believe" and "follow" interchangeably...they answer is YES.

30-01-2014, 10:26 PM
If you guys want to prove me wrong and shut me up just point me to one Christian that follows what they claim to believe. Just remember that means the entire new testament plus whatever parts of the old it references.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 10:27 PM
(30-01-2014 10:26 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  If you guys want to prove me wrong and shut me up just point me to one Christian that follows what they claim to believe. Just remember that means the entire new testament plus whatever parts of the old it references.

We're not saying they follow it! We're saying they BELIEVE they SHOULD follow it...which is what I thought the original post was disputing~the belief Rolleyes

30-01-2014, 10:29 PM
(30-01-2014 10:26 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  If you guys want to prove me wrong and shut me up just point me to one Christian that follows what they claim to believe. Just remember that means the entire new testament plus whatever parts of the old it references.

I already told you, Bob. Bob is the guy. Both believes, and follows it all.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post