Many worlds, parallel universes and pantheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2011, 06:42 PM
RE: Many worlds, parallel universes and pantheism
Good point. However it is almost impossible to accurately guess the reactions of unreasonable people to unknown circumstances.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2011, 06:46 PM
(28-01-2011 06:42 PM)No J. Wrote:  Good point. However it is almost impossible to outguess the reactions of unreasonable people to unknown circumstances.

It could happen with any outside interference.
Its been seen in underdeveloped cultures where westerners with their flying machines and instant death weapons were praised by the local, less advanced peoples.

Get some alien ships even just passing by and there would be thousands of cults emerging offering an answer to why the aliens exist, why they're there, etc, etc. Its quite sad that humanity is like this.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
28-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Yes. It reminds me of that Hale-Bop cult a few years ago where the cult leader convinced his followers that aliens where approaching earth behind the comet Hale-Bop. The idea was that they would take poison and then they aliens would spirit them away, save them and take them with them. The whole cult died.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
28-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Don't drink the cool-aid xD

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"