Maple Syrup Heist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2016, 04:49 PM
Maple Syrup Heist
No this isn't a joke over 20,000 litres of syrup were stolen from a Montreal storage lot.Currently there are no suspects and there is 10k offer for information. This is the latest of many such heists over the years .

The Article

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2016, 04:58 PM
RE: Maple Syrup Heist
$10,000 reward, huh? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Cool
I'm sure those saps are keeping it in a syruptitious location, but it shouldn't be to treemendously difficult to locate. Cool

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 10 users Like cactus's post
13-08-2016, 05:27 PM
A very sticky situation indeed. I hope nobody told Aunt Jemima. I'd start by searching local log cabins and checking to see if there is also a missing IHOP.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
13-08-2016, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2016 07:37 PM by onlinebiker.)
At the prices I charge -- that'd be about 80 grand worth.....

Most I ever made was 42 gallons in one season....

Thinking about it -- that 10 grand reward doesn't make much sense....

Considering - my prices would be higher than somebody making 5000 + gallons in a season -- they probably sell theirs (because of volume) for half or less what I sell --- so they might be offering close to 25 percent of it's worth as reward........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-08-2016, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2016 11:14 PM by DLJ.)
(13-08-2016 05:27 PM)unfogged Wrote:  A very sticky situation indeed. I hope nobody told Aunt Jemima. I'd start by searching local log cabins and checking to see if there is also a missing IHOP.

Laugh out load

13-08-2016, 07:53 PM
(13-08-2016 05:27 PM)unfogged Wrote:  A very sticky situation indeed. I hope nobody told Aunt Jemima. I'd start by searching local log cabins and checking to see if there is also a missing IHOP.

Always knew that women was up to no good Dodgy

13-08-2016, 07:55 PM
(13-08-2016 04:58 PM)cactus Wrote:  $10,000 reward, huh? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Cool
I'm sure those saps are keeping it in a syruptitious location, but it shouldn't be to treemendously difficult to locate. Cool

Indeed Big Grin

13-08-2016, 08:34 PM
(13-08-2016 04:58 PM)cactus Wrote:  $10,000 reward, huh? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Cool

Groan. Facepalm

Keep a look out for some hot syrup. Drinking Beverage

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-08-2016, 11:02 PM
(13-08-2016 07:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  At the prices I charge -- that'd be about 80 grand worth.....

Most I ever made was 42 gallons in one season....

Thinking about it -- that 10 grand reward doesn't make much sense....

Considering - my prices would be higher than somebody making 5000 + gallons in a season -- they probably sell theirs (because of volume) for half or less what I sell --- so they might be offering close to 25 percent of it's worth as reward........

According to the article it's $150,000 worth. 20,000 liters at $7.50/liter is a pretty low price. Definitely wholesale. Also it was stolen from the shipping company so they have their reputation to think of and deterring repeat business from the thieves.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
14-08-2016, 06:34 AM
If it's in bulk -- (55 gallon drum or bigger) $7.50 a liter is pretty high price. That's closer to retail prices.......

Still -- this time of year -- where the fuck do you off 5000 gallons of "hot" syrup????

I could see it in the spring --- when it's in production....... This time of year???

I smell an insurance job.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post