Mapping the Contradictions in the bible

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-12-2013, 02:41 AM
RE: Mapping the Contradictions in the bible
(06-12-2013 01:58 AM)Yasmin Wrote:  Yeah, I noticed the clumsy beginning Blush
I guess I was a little thrown by the randomness of some of the quotes, so I'll concede to your point about single vs group quotes in looking at contradictions.
OK, let me put it this way. In some states in America it is legal to use marijuana. It used to be illiegal. Does the fact it that it used to be one law and is now another cancel out the reality or validity of those laws in their respective times? No, it's a progression in the law in how it relates and responds to the society which it governs. So if we even just divide it into OT vs NT dietary laws, it isn't so much a contradiction as progression of the law in response to God's covenants.

Your comparison is off:

1) You are comparng god's laws with men's law. It either puts men in a very good position or god in a very bad one.

2) You are comparing a controversial men made decision with an abitrary god given imperative.

Regarding the question:
There are detailed records of the mentioned laws in the archives. In order to test their reality/validity, all you need to do is to examine those records. You may even look for references, cases and so on. There would be plenty opportunity to prove that those laws existed/exist. There is no need to investigate both contradicting laws to verify the reality/validity of either one.

Contradictions in the history of human society is natural. Previously, we held slaves, now we condemn it. It is an integral part of trial and error, learning experiences and intellectual progress.

In "God"'s case however, it is different. If you picture god as being perfect, then he does not do mistakes, he does not need to learn and so on. Therefore, a perfect god has no need for progress in his laws. His laws are perfect.

However, if you think that god is imperfect, then you should definitely reconsider your religion, because christianity does not allign with an imperfect god.

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Youkay's post
06-12-2013, 02:05 PM
(05-12-2013 04:16 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 03:32 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  What empirical evidence or logical reasoning have you used (and the website used) to conclude that life forms in Heaven are in line with Earth's carbon-based life forms?

None, and you missed it. I listed heaven as a scientific absurdity which means there is nothing to compare.

You are the webmaster? That is why you listed the Revelation verse to mention Heaven rather than the dragon/creature?
06-12-2013, 03:53 PM
(06-12-2013 02:05 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 04:16 PM)Impulse Wrote:  None, and you missed it. I listed heaven as a scientific absurdity which means there is nothing to compare.

You are the webmaster? That is why you listed the Revelation verse to mention Heaven rather than the dragon/creature?

I guess I'm going to have to spell this out for you. Rolleyes

This was my first reply to you (with coloring added to "Heaven"):

(05-12-2013 01:47 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Heaven, dragon, seven heads and ten horns...
Yup, scientific absurdities. Yes

So what's your point? Consider
Notice "Heaven" is first in my list which is followed by "Yup, scientific absurdities".

If you don't get it this time, don't expect further clarification because you won't get the benefit of the doubt from me again either. This isn't rocket science.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
06-12-2013, 09:12 PM
(06-12-2013 02:05 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 04:16 PM)Impulse Wrote:  None, and you missed it. I listed heaven as a scientific absurdity which means there is nothing to compare.

I already answered your criticism towards Impuls here.

If your sole purpose is to pick on him, you can do that by private mail (wouldn't be recommendable though). Don't abuse the forum for that matter.
If you want to contribute, however, evaluate my post.

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
06-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:And a man living 969 years doesn't bat an eye?Huh

You're obviously failing to see the symbolism and are taking it out of context?

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
06-12-2013, 09:31 PM
(06-12-2013 09:22 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  
Quote:And a man living 969 years doesn't bat an eye?Huh

You're obviously failing to see the symbolism and are taking it out of context?
Hey it was on the front page two along with...multiple headed horn dragon. We could argue all day what is or what isn't symbolism. Besides that was for PJBig Grin

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
06-12-2013, 09:38 PM
(05-12-2013 03:35 PM)heinrichlightle Wrote:  WOW, that's awesome! It really takes the work out of having to actually pick that book up and do the work. I bookmarked it, fo sho. Thanks for sharing!

Fuck, I bookmarked it and put it on speed dial. Awesome!
09-12-2013, 02:37 PM
(06-12-2013 03:53 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 02:05 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  You are the webmaster? That is why you listed the Revelation verse to mention Heaven rather than the dragon/creature?

I guess I'm going to have to spell this out for you. Rolleyes

(05-12-2013 01:47 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Heaven, dragon, seven heads and ten horns...

Notice "Heaven" is first in my list which is followed by "Yup, scientific absurdities".

If you don't get it this time, don't expect further clarification because you won't get the benefit of the doubt from me again either. This isn't rocket science.

Whrn I build websites, I strive for clarity. You have some lovely visuals there, though--which underscore the nature of the Bible parallels between books written by different authors over different periods of time. Smile
09-12-2013, 03:49 PM
(09-12-2013 02:37 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(06-12-2013 03:53 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I guess I'm going to have to spell this out for you. Rolleyes

Whrn I build websites, I strive for clarity. You have some lovely visuals there, though--which underscore the nature of the Bible parallels between books written by different authors over different periods of time. Smile
Sigh. It's not my website. Rolleyes

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
09-12-2013, 04:43 PM
(05-12-2013 03:32 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

What empirical evidence or logical reasoning have you used (and the website used) to conclude that life forms in Heaven are in line with Earth's carbon-based life forms?

You're right, PleaseG-E-E-zus. I actually saw a dragon with seven heads, ten horns, etc, and thousands of technicolor snakes. At the time I was drying out in a booze and drug rehab that believed in aversion therapy. The heathen fools in charge put it all down to the DT's instead of divine revelation!