Marc Rubio, latino spokesman for the anti-latino party?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2013, 01:46 AM
Marc Rubio, latino spokesman for the anti-latino party?
Instead of talking about Marc Rubio's "water drinking incident" which you can find on the Daily Show or the Colbert Report, I just wanted to ask a very obvious question? Why is the chosen spokesperson for the "let's create a bunch of anti-immigration laws and start doing random ID checks on people who look Mexican" party... Mexican? Actually he's from Cuba (who magically found his way to Miami), but it's all the same to the red-staters. It's not his race that looked strange to me, but rather the fact that he gave his response to the SOTU speech in Spanish (the first time anyone has ever done that). Suddenly the "you're only allowed in this country if you're mowing my lawn" party is rallying behind the latino voters?

Just saying.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2013, 02:07 AM
RE: Marc Rubio, latino spokesman for the anti-latino party?
Hippocrates thy name be....

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
19-02-2013, 02:08 PM
It's not that crazy, it did kind of work before, for them politically, or at least something similar to it.

They aren't the party of Lincoln any more, as much as they are the party of Reagan. There are a lot of rural, white Americans, who would have, at one point, voted Democrat, but were successfully converted over to the right, and arguably are, according to some people, to this day, voting against their economic self-interests, and that conversion was in part due to the fact that they were already conservative in a lot of regards, which is a trait they, in a general sense, share with the Latino community.

You have to keep in mind, they are trying to shift the Latino vote just enough to keep up electorally, and a decent number of Latinos are not poor and/or have only an ethnic link to illegal immigration, that Republicans are trying to get passed politically by supporting reform.

That is, he didn't get up there as the "you're only allowed in this country if you're mowing my lawn" party leader, he was up there as the "hey we have a lot of things in common, can you forget the past on a promise to change" party leader.

Yeah, it's funny as hell to watch.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
19-02-2013, 02:52 PM
A true fix would be for Marco to say I'm not qualified to talk about anything at any time on any topic. I'm running for office for Christ's sake!

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption