Marco Krieger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2012, 06:48 AM
RE: Marco Krieger
(22-08-2012 04:22 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 04:09 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  Sorry, i did not mean you personally, i was referring to the people of your country.
I have to be more precise in the usage of my words.

No need to apologise, I misunderstood, although I am still a little confused about where and what these words are used for (and are?) If anything I should apologise, I'm not used to this particular kind of interaction...

Also, why do I get the feeling that you are not actually referring specifically to my country (Australia)? Although I must admit if you are referring to the US or UK you'd most likely be correct anyway... in what every it is you are saying we say... sorry for being confusing and socially inept.

Maybe we should get somebody to talk in between us! Big Grin

Ok, once again, sorry for not checking out where do you come from.
A typical example how fast you end up on the wrong track.
I didn't even questioned my presumption.

I dont want to confuse you once again, but which words you are not familiar with.
Yohurt, the the with stuff, made from milk thick as chream, but low in fat?
Kindergarden, the place you leafe your child, if you go to work, a preschool?
German Angst, means the fear we germans have when it comes to decisions.
We circle around the problem, looking from all sites and still nothing happend.
Ok, i will close this. Feel free to repley or not, i dont want to stretch your patience anyway.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2012, 06:55 AM
(22-08-2012 01:31 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  You kidding me, right?

Yes, I was kidding. The joys of Google Translate.

I was in a German Battlefield 3 clan, for a while. (re-)Learning the language was an interesting stretch, right the way back to my school days. But I picked some of it back up and could sometimes make myself understood. For longer conversations, I relied on Google Translate... which doesn't work 100%, but it gets close enough.

When considering the German words that are used in English, you should pay close attention to the word "schadenfreude" and wonder why no other nationality found the need to invent it. Dodgy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-08-2012, 07:29 AM
(22-08-2012 06:48 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  Ok, once again, sorry for not checking out where do you come from.
A typical example how fast you end up on the wrong track.
I didn't even questioned my presumption.

I dont want to confuse you once again, but which words you are not familiar with.
Yohurt, the the with stuff, made from milk thick as chream, but low in fat?
Kindergarden, the place you leafe your child, if you go to work, a preschool?
German Angst, means the fear we germans have when it comes to decisions.
We circle around the problem, looking from all sites and still nothing happend.
Ok, i will close this. Feel free to repley or not, i dont want to stretch your patience anyway.

In the traditional words of my people; No worries mate!

I get what you mean now, sorry for running us in circles here, I misunderstood you.
(although I have never heard "German Angst" used before now.)

As to my nationality, don't worry, it happens more frequently than you might think, Regardless, I'm guilty of assuming people to be from other places too, especially on the web. Oddly enough people mistake my nationality more in person than on text, I wonder why..? (Hell, I have to put on an outrageously thick & stereotypical accent then I talk sometimes! You'd probably be surprised how many times I've been asked by classmates and teachers if I came from the U.S.A or England!)

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
22-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Wink RE: Marco Krieger
(22-08-2012 06:55 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 01:31 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  You kidding me, right?

Yes, I was kidding. The joys of Google Translate.

I was in a German Battlefield 3 clan, for a while. (re-)Learning the language was an interesting stretch, right the way back to my school days. But I picked some of it back up and could sometimes make myself understood. For longer conversations, I relied on Google Translate... which doesn't work 100%, but it gets close enough.

When considering the German words that are used in English, you should pay close attention to the word "schadenfreude" and wonder why no other nationality found the need to invent it. Dodgy
You know what? I never heard that befor.
It must have some connections to our so called humor, which is indeed very special.
But after the second world war we want to show our friendly face and have to invend something quite like humor, but it still puzzles us.(Satire)

Shocking

[+] 1 user Likes Marco Krieger's post
22-08-2012, 08:38 AM
It was always a bit strange, playing BF3 with nothing but German voices in my voicecomm app. All of those guns being fired and me only hearing the German language. It made me feel like I was playing for the "wrong" team. All of those years, growing up with WW2 films...

Dodgy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
22-08-2012, 12:12 PM
(22-08-2012 05:27 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 03:10 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Nah, other people drew Renee (the girl in the icon/signature) for me. However I do draw often. However my art work is found here ---> http://questionrenee.deviantart.com/
Yeah, I'm not a good artist.
You can send me a PM if you'd like with your art, I'd love to see it!

I checked your link, your pictures have a strong graphic styl and you sadly stop working on it befor you ready. But after all i have seen its not the lack of talent.
Unfortunally i cannot send you some of my stuff, because at first i have to upload it to an Webspace-provider. I have to figured out how that works, I've never done that befor. But my avatar is selfmade, for example. I've done it with felt-tip pen's for children and watercolor-paper.
Wow your avatar is gorgeous! And thank you, I haven't been feeling like finishing my drawings lately. Hopefully that'll change soon.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
22-08-2012, 12:19 PM
(21-08-2012 09:53 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Howdy!

How I would love to hear you say that with the wonderful accent you surely have! Yes

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-08-2012, 12:25 PM
I have to go and look up the exactly where my grandfather was from in Germany...Westfalen is on some of the paperwork I have that was his. I have his immigration papers and the papers for his passage over to the US on the Dresden. At one time I heard that the family farm had been turned into a zoo. (Not that much of a stretch acutally). I have a stack of letters in German and a couple old books (about carpentry) that are in German.

Here and there I can pick out a word or two, but sadly don't speak or read the language.

Welcome!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-08-2012, 01:41 PM
(22-08-2012 12:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have to go and look up the exactly where my grandfather was from in Germany...Westfalen is on some of the paperwork I have that was his. I have his immigration papers and the papers for his passage over to the US on the Dresden. At one time I heard that the family farm had been turned into a zoo. (Not that much of a stretch acutally). I have a stack of letters in German and a couple old books (about carpentry) that are in German.

Here and there I can pick out a word or two, but sadly don't speak or read the language.

Welcome!
Hi Anjele,
nice to hear that some guy from Westfalen made his way to Texas.
If you don't mind, may i ask you if is he still alive?
I didn't even think to meet so many people somehow related to germany, on an Atheist Website.

22-08-2012, 01:55 PM
(22-08-2012 01:41 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 12:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have to go and look up the exactly where my grandfather was from in Germany...Westfalen is on some of the paperwork I have that was his. I have his immigration papers and the papers for his passage over to the US on the Dresden. At one time I heard that the family farm had been turned into a zoo. (Not that much of a stretch acutally). I have a stack of letters in German and a couple old books (about carpentry) that are in German.

Welcome!
Hi Anjele,
nice to hear that some guy from Westfalen made his way to Texas.
If you don't mind, may i ask you if is he still alive?
I didn't even think to meet so many people somehow related to germany, on an Atheist Website.

Actually he had settled in Iowa...my maiden name is Freitager and I also have Nadermanns as relatives in Germany and here in the states.

Grandpa was the only one of his rather large family that came to the states.