Marco Krieger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Wink RE: Marco Krieger
(22-08-2012 12:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-08-2012 09:53 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Howdy!

How I would love to hear you say that with the wonderful accent you surely have! Yes
Hi Anjele,
sorry, i miss your first post. Yes, i think i have quite an accent, if it comes to speaking english. But the accent maybe not the whole problem.
Writing is a totally differend cup of coffee.
Her i can switch over to goggle-translater and search the phrase or word i need.
Speaking needs so much more courage.
I try to find the words, mess up the grammar, my head becomes red and feels like blowing up. I open my mouth and stutter from word to word.
This kind of conversation isn't very satisfying.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2012, 02:39 PM
RE: Marco Krieger
(22-08-2012 02:15 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 12:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How I would love to hear you say that with the wonderful accent you surely have! Yes
Hi Anjele,
sorry, i miss your first post. Yes, i think i have quite an accent, if it comes to speaking english. But the accent maybe not the whole problem.
Her i can switch over to goggle-translater and search the phrase or word i need.
I try to find the words, mess up the grammar, my head becomes red and feels like blowing up. I open my mouth and stutter from word to word.

I spent a lot of time with the mother of one of my son's football (American football) team mates who was from Germany. Between the thick accents in South Carolina (where we lived) and her German accent, it was a struggle for her and many people didn't put forth much effort. With my midwestern-newscaster-non-accent and being familiar with the German accent we did pretty well. Over a few years I saw her comfort grow with the language. We used her daughter, who was a preteen, as our translator if we got stuck. We actually had a good time trying to understand one another.

Welcome again! Enjoy your stay.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
22-08-2012, 03:53 PM
(22-08-2012 02:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-08-2012 02:15 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  Hi Anjele,

I spent a lot of time with the mother of one of my son's football (American football) team mates who was from Germany. Between the thick accents in South Carolina (where we lived) and her German accent, it was a struggle for her and many people didn't put forth much effort. With my midwestern-newscaster-non-accent and being familiar with the German accent we did pretty well. Over a few years I saw her comfort grow with the language. We used her daughter, who was a preteen, as our translator if we got stuck. We actually had a good time trying to understand one another.

Welcome again! Enjoy your stay.

Thank you for beeing so kind to a stranger.
It is a pleasure to be on TTA.

22-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Welcome Marco!

(22-08-2012 02:09 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  i try to use your beautyfull language as well as i can und hope not to abuse it to much. I think it is a great opportunity, to communicate with people and learning how they live, think and belief. So, my last english-lesson is long time ago, may it be 30 jears or so.

Oh thank God we finally have a German here who knows how to use English in a proper German way instead of that damn Vosur who swears he's German but we're pretty sure is an Englishman who's just in Germany to learn German.

(22-08-2012 07:52 AM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  It must have some connections to our so called humor, which is indeed very special.
But after the second world war we want to show our friendly face and have to invend something quite like humor, but it still puzzles us.(Satire)

And with a proper German sense of humor to boot. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
22-08-2012, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2012 06:06 PM by Marco Krieger.)
Absolutely, i love the expression on his face, or more the lack of it. Hahaha...
You can do so much, with such little.

[+] 1 user Likes Marco Krieger's post