Marco Rubio...no abortions for Zika infected pregnant women.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2016, 07:55 PM
RE: Marco Rubio...no abortions for Zika infected pregnant women.
(20-08-2016 06:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-08-2016 05:55 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  As for fetus pain the sheer hypocrisy of whining about fetus pain while being fine with the massive amount of needless suffering that a Zika child will endure is awe inspiring. The amount of suffering they will suffer in poverty is just awful .

That. Blowhard is totally devoid of empathy.

Indeed i said once i said it twice i'll say it again hardwoods a sociopath

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Quote:(when ironically, I've already explained to you why denying women the right to bodily integrity is a form of legalized slavery,

Yup this is slavery at it's worst depriving someone of there bodily integrity and sovereignty is the definition of slavery

The cotton plantation owner wanted to use the slaves body as to make a profit

The anti choice owner wants to use a woman's body as an incubator and dictate there sexual activity

[+] 3 users Like OrdoSkeptica's post
21-08-2016, 01:41 AM
(20-08-2016 06:51 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-08-2016 05:55 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  As for fetus pain the sheer hypocrisy of whining about fetus pain while being fine with the massive amount of needless suffering that a Zika child will endure is awe inspiring. The amount of suffering they will suffer in poverty is just awful .

That. Blowhard is totally devoid of empathy.

Not when it comes to the unborn. When it comes to the unborn you're happy to scramble them up like an omelet with your knitting pins.
21-08-2016, 02:02 AM
(20-08-2016 05:53 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  And... I think the "slave owners" argument is a corollary to Godwin's Law.

Aliza invited the "slave owners" argument. She went out of her way to point out that her justification for abortion lies on the fact that it is legal and the fact that she just feels it is okay. When she makes that kind of argument, it is perfectly reasonable for me to point to examples of how that thinking fails disastrously and leads to moral tragedies.

I feel capital punishment is okay, but when I draw conclusions from axioms I accept to be true, I have to conclude that it isn't okay....despite being legal and despite my feelings.

(20-08-2016 05:53 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  ....and accepting that others' input can (and must) be considered as if you had come up with it to mull over, is that you can be honest when your own ideas are shown to be based on an emotional plea rather than a solid basis of logic.

Again my position is based on logic. An axiom of my morality in simplistic terms is "Do not kill another human being unless you have too". A human zygote is a human being. I have provided links showing that this isn't just my opinion but a consensus of science. Those links were ignored. Its you guys that are being emotion and illogical.

Here is another one for you guys to ignore:

https://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/artic...otes2.html
21-08-2016, 02:24 AM
(21-08-2016 02:02 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(20-08-2016 05:53 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  And... I think the "slave owners" argument is a corollary to Godwin's Law.

Aliza invited the "slave owners" argument. She went out of her way to point out that her justification for abortion lies on the fact that it is legal and the fact that she just feels it is okay. When she makes that kind of argument, it is perfectly reasonable for me to point to examples of how that thinking fails disastrously and leads to moral tragedies.

I feel capital punishment is okay, but when I draw conclusions from axioms I accept to be true, I have to conclude that it isn't okay....despite being legal and despite my feelings.

(20-08-2016 05:53 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  ....and accepting that others' input can (and must) be considered as if you had come up with it to mull over, is that you can be honest when your own ideas are shown to be based on an emotional plea rather than a solid basis of logic.

Again my position is based on logic. An axiom of my morality in simplistic terms is "Do not kill another human being unless you have too". A human zygote is a human being. I have provided links showing that this isn't just my opinion but a consensus of science. Those links were ignored. Its you guys that are being emotion and illogical.

Again with the kill if you have to but still no explanation of when do you have to.

Please list the reasons that are acceptable for killing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
21-08-2016, 03:00 AM
(21-08-2016 02:02 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

I read your link and tbh I would suggest that you would need to cross reference everything checking for religious political social financial affiliations and potential bias of each quote I don't have time for that and I suspect nor do others
21-08-2016, 03:12 AM
(21-08-2016 03:00 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I read your link and tbh I would suggest that you would need to cross reference everything checking for religious political social financial affiliations and potential bias of each quote I don't have time for that and I suspect nor do others

This is not a good reason to keep your head in the sand and deny the obvious.
21-08-2016, 04:48 AM
(21-08-2016 03:12 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(21-08-2016 03:00 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I read your link and tbh I would suggest that you would need to cross reference everything checking for religious political social financial affiliations and potential bias of each quote I don't have time for that and I suspect nor do others

This is not a good reason to keep your head in the sand and deny the obvious.

That's just it bro I'm not sure its obvious. During my training I chose to exercise my right not to participate in terminations of pregnancy although I was happy to provide post operative care to those patients in a non judgmental way accepting that every situation and person is unique. Even though I chose not to participate in any active surgery of that nature as I progressed in my training and as I saw the effects of neglect deformity etc and the attendant suffering economic disadvantage and sometimes downright poverty by the end of my training I had to concede that life at any cost could no longer be justified. How did I come to this decision? It was by direct experience and observation unencumbered by attendant religious dogma baggage and guilt.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
21-08-2016, 06:35 AM
(21-08-2016 02:02 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Here is another one for you guys to ignore:

So the visible part of the link reads "princeton.edu". This leads the reader to believe that the linked content is from Princeton University. Princeton is world renown and considered a solid source as far as use in citations. In other words, using a citation from Princeton University adds credibility to whatever claim you are making.

Interestingly, when one goes to the site in question it is actually a pro-life student group called Princeton Pro-Life.

Quote:Princeton Pro-Life is a student-run organization devoted to promoting a culture of life on campus and in the world beyond.

So while the article is hosted on the Princeton University website, it is not actually from Princeton University. It is from a pro-life student group. It does not represent a "consensus" of modern science.

Given the fanatical nature of the pro-life movement, I would take any information from them with a hefty grain of salt.

Once again, the dishonest poster has provided evidence of their own dishonesty. A more reliable citation would have come from a pro-choice movement or a neutral scientific organization.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
21-08-2016, 08:17 AM
(21-08-2016 03:12 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  This is not a good reason to keep your head in the sand and deny the obvious.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post