Marco Rubio...no abortions for Zika infected pregnant women.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2016, 04:32 AM
RE: Marco Rubio...no abortions for Zika infected pregnant women.
One final thing to say on this thread.

I don't really care one way or the other regarding abortion. I can totally understand both sides of the debate. My only problem lies with inconsistency, and in this case, I think my fellow atheists are the biggest violators and here's why. The atheists want Rubio to make an exception for zika, but they won't make the same exception regarding infanticide. Now, I know someone with a room temp IQ is going to come on here and say "but...but...infanticide is illegal, while abortion isn't"....I know dumbass! We aren't discussing what is legal, we all can look up the laws, we are discussing what we want the laws to be. (sad that I have to preemptively explain this)

Asking someone who is prolife regarding abortion to make an exception for Zika, isn't very different than asking someone who is prolife regarding infanticide (everyone on this thread) to make that same exception. The argument and the reasons are the same. 1. the child will suffer, killing it will prevent future suffering 2. the cost to care for the child will be high, killing it will save money etc..etc...

The exact same arguments could be made. We could be just as critical of someone who won't make an exception regarding infanticide.

Rubio is being consistent and so are the atheists regarding infanticide. The inconsistency lies where the atheists want Rubio to make an exception that they themselves won't make.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Matt Finney's post
23-08-2016, 04:46 AM
(23-08-2016 04:32 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  The inconsistency lies where the atheists want Rubio to make an exception that they themselves won't make.

Anjele didn't make this thread for consistency sake or to point out some nuance in the abortion debate.....she made it to demonize Rubio.
23-08-2016, 04:47 AM
(23-08-2016 04:46 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:32 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  The inconsistency lies where the atheists want Rubio to make an exception that they themselves won't make.

Anjele didn't make this thread for consistency sake or to point out some nuance in the abortion debate.....she made it to demonize Rubio.

Gosh, you know me so well.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-08-2016, 04:54 AM
(23-08-2016 04:47 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:46 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Anjele didn't make this thread for consistency sake or to point out some nuance in the abortion debate.....she made it to demonize Rubio.

Gosh, you know me so well.

Lets see....in the original post of this thread you call Rubio an ass. I don't have to know you very well at all to see that your agenda was to demonize him.
23-08-2016, 05:36 AM
(23-08-2016 01:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Bucky, I normally do not respond to you because you have the intellect of a used tampon.

Said the fool who has a - 55 reputation. I think it's very clear here who is wanting in the intellect department and who is not.

Quote:The law you cited comes from the "Born Alive Act". The words "shall include" do not exclude zygotes from being considered human beings under the law. It just means that if you are born and alive you are considered a human being. It does not mean you are not considered a human being if you are not born as mental midgets such as yourself believe.

Its DEFINES what a person is in US law. YOU said a zygote was a person and YOU said you had proven so legally. You did no such thing. I proved you are full of shit with your legal claim in US law.

Quote:The Born Alive act also includes something you left out because you are a dishonest ninnymuggins.

‘‘© Nothing in this section shall be construed to affirm, deny, expand, or contract any legal status or legal right applicable to any member of the species homo sapiens at any point prior to being ‘born alive’ as defined in this section.’’.

I realize you probably don't know those big words, but "EXPAND OR CONTRACT" is VERY CLEAR about what you CANNOT do in US law. It says nothing about zygotes.
It's also VERY CLEAR dumbass, you did not answer even ONE of the questions posed to you.

Quote:The unborn victim of violence act that I cited earlier defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb". A human zygote is a member of the species Homo sapiens and this law calls it a "child". A child is a human being. The law recognizes members of the species who are unborn as legal victims. It considers them to be human beings.

Because you are a DISHONEST fucktard using a law written to allow a mother who WANTED to carry her fetus to term to say it was damaged, as was pointed out to you. It does NOT APPLY to all cases. I know that's hard for someone with a 5th Grade education to grasp.

Quote:Whoever said that I said abortion people are murders are wrong. I would not say such an inaccurate thing.

Irrelevant bullshit. Neither did I. What you are doing is muddying the waters, hoping readers wouldn't notice your red herring. I said nothing about something so perfectly obvious. YOU DID NOT address the zygote querstions as you cannot, and you are a mental midget.

Have a nice day.

Idiot. And I mean that with all the respect you deserve. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-08-2016, 05:47 AM
(23-08-2016 04:32 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  The atheists want Rubio to make an exception for zika, but they won't make the same exception regarding infanticide.

Once again, this is a false equivalency.

Abortion involves 1) the mother, 2) the fetus and 3) society

Infanticide involves 1) the infant, 2) society

Comparing euthanasia of any sort with abortion is not an appropriate comparison.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
23-08-2016, 05:54 AM
(23-08-2016 05:47 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 04:32 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  The atheists want Rubio to make an exception for zika, but they won't make the same exception regarding infanticide.

Once again, this is a false equivalency.

Abortion involves 1) the mother, 2) the fetus and 3) society

Infanticide involves 1) the infant, 2) society

Comparing euthanasia of any sort with abortion is not an appropriate comparison.

Such an "emotional response". Facepalm
Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-08-2016, 05:55 AM
(23-08-2016 01:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Whoever said that I said abortion people are murders are wrong.

Quote it. I do not recall anyone saying that.

Also, you insult Bucky's intellect and then use terms like "abortion people".
Do you mean "abortion providers" as in medical personnel who provide abortions?
Are you referring to pregnant women?

(23-08-2016 01:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I would not say such an inaccurate thing.

Most of the things you say are inaccurate.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
23-08-2016, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2016 06:43 AM by Bucky Ball.)
"Historically, under both English Common Law and U.S. law, the fetus has not been recognized as a person with full rights. Instead, legal rights have centered on the mother, with the fetus treated as a part of her. Nevertheless, U.S. law has in certain instances granted the fetus limited rights, particularly as medical science has made it increasingly possible to directly view, monitor, diagnose, and treat the fetus as a patient."
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionar...tal+Rights

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_rights

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-08-2016, 06:44 AM
(23-08-2016 01:31 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 11:08 AM)Aliza Wrote:  If your goal is to curtail or stop future abortions from happening, I would recommend finding out from pro-choice people what you can say or do that might motivate them to carry their fetuses to term.

I'd be happy if you just realized you feelings and the whims of politics are not a good basis to form a moral judgement.

My position on abortion is first and foremost based on my religious convictions. Jews are overwhelmingly pro-choice.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post