Marco Rubio...no abortions for Zika infected pregnant women.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2016, 04:50 AM
RE: Marco Rubio...no abortions for Zika infected pregnant women.
To be fair, I have consistently been willing to grant their "it's a human being" argument; I simply point out that no human being has a right to exist at the expense of the safety of another human being, while we do have the right to control of our own bodies (unless it is at the expense of another's health to sustain us)... and that it would be more monstrous to deny women the right to control of their own bodies than to permit the death of those physically dependent upon them.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-08-2016, 05:35 AM
(11-08-2016 04:50 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  To be fair, I have consistently been willing to grant their "it's a human being" argument; I simply point out that no human being has a right to exist at the expense of the safety of another human being, while we do have the right to control of our own bodies (unless it is at the expense of another's health to sustain us)... and that it would be more monstrous to deny women the right to control of their own bodies than to permit the death of those physically dependent upon them.

Quoted For Truth.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-08-2016, 06:03 AM
(11-08-2016 04:50 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  To be fair, I have consistently been willing to grant their "it's a human being" argument; I simply point out that no human being has a right to exist at the expense of the safety of another human being, while we do have the right to control of our own bodies (unless it is at the expense of another's health to sustain us)... and that it would be more monstrous to deny women the right to control of their own bodies than to permit the death of those physically dependent upon them.

I don't see why i have yet to here one proponent give a good argument for why it should count as a human being

Unique DNA or human DNA -Nope
It being alive-Nope
The someday it will be Argument-Nope

I already addressed them all in my satire and several more there grasping at straws

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
11-08-2016, 08:09 AM
(10-08-2016 01:44 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 04:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  I am not going to applaud consistent error.

He is the bad guy for putting the rights of something that is not a human being (a foetus) above the rights of a human (the woman).

You continue to equivocate 'baby' and 'foetus'. They are not the same thing.

You lack a basic understanding of biology and therefore it is simply impossible to argue this issue with you.

A fetus is a human being. THat is a fact and it is only disputed by morons like you.

You have demonstated time and again your poor grasp of science and your conflation of terms for ideological and emotional purposes.

A bundle of cells is not a human being regardless of your continued repetition.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-08-2016, 11:10 AM
(11-08-2016 06:03 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  I don't see why i have yet to here one proponent give a good argument for why it should count as a human being

I don't think they meet the burden, either; however, I recognize that their argument is based in emotion rather than reason, and that no amount of explanation will cause them to grant the logic of the position, so I simply bypass it by granting their premise for the sake of argument.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
11-08-2016, 11:59 AM
(11-08-2016 11:10 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 06:03 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  I don't see why i have yet to here one proponent give a good argument for why it should count as a human being

I don't think they meet the burden, either; however, I recognize that their argument is based in emotion rather than reason, and that no amount of explanation will cause them to grant the logic of the position, so I simply bypass it by granting their premise for the sake of argument.

True just putting in my 2 cents Smile

[Image: giphy.gif]
11-08-2016, 12:22 PM
(11-08-2016 11:10 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  

Similar to my position. I don't actually consider that a foetus is a human until uit has developed the required characteristics of a human. But I knew that Blowjob had made some inconsistent and arbitrary assumptions and I wanted to demonstrate this.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
15-08-2016, 01:32 PM
(08-08-2016 06:03 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  You have no more idea of what is going on in Rubio’s mind then you know what is going on in ours yours.

Fixed.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
17-08-2016, 01:50 AM
(10-08-2016 07:03 AM)Aliza Wrote:  If you're so concerned about overruling a person's will, then how is that acceptable?

In the united states it has always been the practice to allow the state to determine when it is legal to kill a human being and when it isn't. That was of course true until Roe V Wade when the supreme court carved out an exception for women who wanted to kill their unborn offspring.
17-08-2016, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2016 02:03 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(10-08-2016 07:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 03:56 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Do not kill another human unless you absolutely have too.

I agree with this.

What's off is your definition of a human being....

Any human organism is a human being.

http://www.biologyreference.com/La-Ma/Li...Human.html

Quote:The human life cycle begins at fertilization, when an egg cell inside a woman and a sperm cell from a man fuse to form a one-celled zygote.

A zygote is a human organism.

Quote:The zygote represents the first stage in the development of a genetically unique organism
https://www.britannica.com/science/zygote

Human beings come into existence at conception. The only time this is disputed is in abortion debates because some people like to believe they hold the axiom that it is wrong to kill a human being unless you absolutely have too....but still want to kill some human beings if they are in the womb. So the deny science and claim a zygote isn't a human being.