Marco Rubio...no abortions for Zika infected pregnant women.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2016, 02:09 AM
RE: Marco Rubio...no abortions for Zika infected pregnant women.
(11-08-2016 04:50 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  To be fair, I have consistently been willing to grant their "it's a human being" argument; I simply point out that no human being has a right to exist at the expense of the safety of another human being, while we do have the right to control of our own bodies (unless it is at the expense of another's health to sustain us)... and that it would be more monstrous to deny women the right to control of their own bodies than to permit the death of those physically dependent upon them.

Do you take the position that men should not be compelled by the state to provide child support?

Why should a father have do risky work like say construction to satisfy court mandated child support?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2016, 06:47 AM
(17-08-2016 01:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 07:03 AM)Aliza Wrote:  If you're so concerned about overruling a person's will, then how is that acceptable?

In the united states it has always been the practice to allow the state to determine when it is legal to kill a human being and when it isn't. That was of course true until Roe V Wade when the supreme court carved out an exception for women who wanted to kill their unborn offspring.

I don't follow your point.
17-08-2016, 12:41 PM
(17-08-2016 06:47 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 01:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  In the united states it has always been the practice to allow the state to determine when it is legal to kill a human being and when it isn't. That was of course true until Roe V Wade when the supreme court carved out an exception for women who wanted to kill their unborn offspring.

I don't follow your point.

You're claiming that I am trying to force my will upon others. I am countering that when it comes to deciding when it is legal to kill another human being has always been a societal one. It is the pro-abortion movement that wants to make the killing of human beings a personal decision in certain circumstances. For instance the pro-abortion camp wants to force the people of Texas to allow abortion when collectively those people do not want to allow it. The pro abortion camp is using the court system to impose its will upon others.
17-08-2016, 12:57 PM
(17-08-2016 01:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  In the united states it has always been the practice to allow the state to determine when it is legal to kill a human being and when it isn't. That was of course true until Roe V Wade when the supreme court carved out an exception for women who wanted to kill their unborn offspring.

That's not what they did, you retard. They said we all have the right to privacy. You think you don't have the right to privacy ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-08-2016, 12:59 PM
(17-08-2016 12:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 06:47 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't follow your point.

You're claiming that I am trying to force my will upon others. I am countering that when it comes to deciding when it is legal to kill another human being has always been a societal one. It is the pro-abortion movement that wants to make the killing of human beings a personal decision in certain circumstances. For instance the pro-abortion camp wants to force the people of Texas to allow abortion when collectively those people do not want to allow it. The pro abortion camp is using the court system to impose its will upon others.

Nobody wants to make the killing of human beings a personal choice. That is a straw man. People who are pro-choice do not consider a fetus to be a human being, and you have not demonstrated that they're wrong. I get that you consider a fetus to be a human being, but you don't get to define terms for everyone else.
[+] 7 users Like Grasshopper's post
17-08-2016, 01:04 PM
(17-08-2016 12:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You're claiming that I am trying to force my will upon others. I am countering that when it comes to deciding when it is legal to kill another human being has always been a societal one. It is the pro-abortion movement that wants to make the killing of human beings a personal decision in certain circumstances. For instance the pro-abortion camp wants to force the people of Texas to allow abortion when collectively those people do not want to allow it. The pro abortion camp is using the court system to impose its will upon others.

Bullshit. No one who doesn't want an abortion has to have one.
Typical prolife dishonest bullshit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-08-2016, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2016 01:42 PM by Aliza.)
(17-08-2016 01:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 12:41 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You're claiming that I am trying to force my will upon others. I am countering that when it comes to deciding when it is legal to kill another human being has always been a societal one. It is the pro-abortion movement that wants to make the killing of human beings a personal decision in certain circumstances. For instance the pro-abortion camp wants to force the people of Texas to allow abortion when collectively those people do not want to allow it. The pro abortion camp is using the court system to impose its will upon others.

Bullshit. No one who doesn't want an abortion has to have one.
Typical prolife dishonest bullshit.

Heywood, can you provide us with court cases in which women have been fighting to keep the baby that the state is trying to force her to abort? That would be compelling evidence.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
17-08-2016, 01:44 PM

This is the dumbest shit I have ever heard.

There is no "the people of Texas don't want it". Many of the people of Texas do not want it; many others do.

Rights have never been based on "majority rules". We also forced the majority of Texans to serve black people at the lunch counters, to let them vote, and to stop forcing them to do unpaid labor.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
17-08-2016, 01:46 PM
Pro-choice does not equal pro-abortion.

All we want is a safe environment for women. Abortions will occur whether or not it is legal.

A zygote isn't a human being any more than my fingerprint is a human being.

Now, once a foetus has reached a point that it could be viable, then I can argue it is a human being.

Most abortions are done loooooooong before a foetus is anywhere near viable. Of the few that are done late, it is typically for the sake of the mother or even the foetus (in this case microcephaly), not because the mother suddenly didn't want it.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
17-08-2016, 01:48 PM
(17-08-2016 01:46 PM)Loom Wrote:  Pro-choice does not equal pro-abortion.
Such a simple concept yet so difficult for some to grasp.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post