Margot Kidder has died

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2018, 02:16 AM
Margot Kidder has died
[Image: margot-kidder.jpg?crop=464px%2C382px%2C2...=446%2C299]

Margot Kidder, known to many as Lois Lane from the 70's/80's Superman movies, has passed away. I grew up watching Superman: The Movie in particular, and always found Lois Lane to be a strong, independent women. Margot Kidder brought that character to life and really made something out of that part, gelling well with Christopher Reeve.

Whilst the movie came out 10 years before I was born, (sorry if that makes anybody feel old), it had a profound effect on me and still does have a huge effect on me to this day, and Margot was obviously a huge part of that. Later in life she struggled with mental health issues, along with drink/durg problems, but will be remembered by many as Lois Lane for all of time.

Rest easy Lois

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
15-05-2018, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2018 08:08 AM by dancefortwo.)
RE: Margot Kidder has died
It seems that I recall her having some mental health issues a while back. Other than that I don't know much about her.

Edit: Just read that she was bi-polar.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-05-2018, 09:00 AM
She was born in Yellowknife, North West Territories, Canada.
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post
15-05-2018, 09:14 AM
(15-05-2018 07:55 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It seems that I recall her having some mental health issues a while back. Other than that I don't know much about her.

Edit: Just read that she was bi-polar.

I knew she suffered from various issues, but in looking at her life she apparently had a famous "disappearance" in the mid 90's, where she went missing for 4 days.

In all honesty, whislt I've seen her in odd tv shows/movies (and it turns out heard her voice in a few animated things) I mainly know her from Superman, but whilst some of the sequels where a tad ropey, it's not a bad thing to be remembered for.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog