Marijuana is good for you bro!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2011, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2011 01:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Marijuana is good for you bro!
(29-10-2011 08:34 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(29-10-2011 08:25 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-10-2011 08:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Alcohol, it's the solution pussies. Wink

I have no idea what's going on but I can vouch for the fact that;

Alcohol is the solution to EVERYTHING!!!

You ever have them DTs? Undecided

That shit ain't nothing nice - but it is kinda funny looking back on it. Big Grin

Nope, but I've seen them. Looks like they are positively correlated with an absence of alcohol to me. Wink

(29-10-2011 08:39 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Since my last post I have been violently ill and decided that alcohol isn't the answer to everything!

See, it sounds like Hughsie stopped drinking and look what happened.

(29-10-2011 08:07 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  But yeah, alcohol being all fine and dandy where pot is not is clear evidence that the ethical standard in these areas is not moral. Wink)

(29-10-2011 09:26 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Also on the subject of alcohol I detest it. I don't like the flavor of any alcohol and I dislike the effects. If anything should be made illegal that's the one forget about pot it considerably less harmful than alcohol.

That's HoC's point about the whole moral issue in this area just being upside down. Cannabinoid receptors in animal brains sums it up for me. That shit just doesn't happen on its own overnight. It implies long-term, evolutionary time scale exposure. ... And then we got these little pentailed shrew bastards to thank for alcoholism. ... Note in particular, "The pentailed treeshrew is considered a living model for extinct mammals representing the stock from which all extinct and living treeshrews and primates radiated."

Apparently, inebriation and intoxication are nothing new to us. Looks like we evolved from drunks. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Just saying pot is amazing, you don't nesicarily get "addicted" but you get cravings. I would rathe someone smoke than drink. When you get drunk you barlely know what you are doing. When i am stoned i still know what im doing and can go on with my daily life. Pot has been studied to regrow memory cells in your brain too.
01-11-2011, 09:16 AM
(01-11-2011 08:53 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  Pot has been studied to regrow memory cells in your brain too.

Now that's a claim that needs to be backed up. Can you tell us the source from which you garnered this fascinating information?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
01-11-2011, 09:18 AM
(01-11-2011 09:16 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(01-11-2011 08:53 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  Pot has been studied to regrow memory cells in your brain too.

Now that's a claim that needs to be backed up. Can you tell us the source from which you garnered this fascinating information?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/scien...imers.html

There ya go
01-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Thank you kind sir.

Interesting, but I sure would like to see an updated article (or some more recent research), especially on the effects MJ has on alzheimers. (That article is 3 years old now) I've heard many times about the potential for MJ to be a huge breakthrough for alzheimers, and several other inflamation related diseases. It's such a shame that government grants are so rarely given to researchers who wish to study positive effects that MJ has on humans. There's always that implication that MJ is somehow dangerous (like in the article: " What we are saying is it appears that a safe, legal substance that mimics those important properties of marijuana...") and yet noone can show that cannabinoids are harmful.

Ah well. Keep up the good fight DaylightDusk. We'll show em one day!

[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
01-11-2011, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 11:35 AM by houseofcantor.)
There is, of course, Agenda at work in marginalizing marijuana. But what do we know as atheists? Truth will out. Marijuana will be found to be wonder drug like aspirin, if not moreso.
(30-10-2011 12:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Apparently, inebriation and intoxication are nothing new to us. Looks like we evolved from drunks. Big Grin

Ain't saying nuttin to this Irish-American. What do I got here? Seagram's Peach Tea... mmmn, if my fingers start to slur, you know what happened. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2011, 10:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 11:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-11-2011 08:53 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  When you get drunk you barlely know what you are doing.

You're missing the point. That is precisely why I drink. Wink
Oops, I missed your point. No more barlely for me, it spikes my sugars. But wine and booze are still good for "barely knowing what I'm doing."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
01-11-2011, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 11:23 PM by NotSoVacuous.)
Oh look! Another non biased thread supporting pot, lets see what great points people make. I'm sure they are original and well lettered.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
02-11-2011, 12:39 AM
(01-11-2011 11:19 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  Oh look! Another non biased thread supporting pot, lets see what great points people make. I'm sure they are original and well lettered.

If you have something to say then, please. Be my guest.

02-11-2011, 02:21 AM
If you suffer from bi-polar or major depression, do not smoke pot >.< I was a habitual stoner for many a year before i was diagnosed with clinical depression just to learn ive been messing around with my brains dopamine receptors :/ and hindering my emotional development. they suggest you experiment with weed after the age of 21, once your brain has developed fully.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user