Marine Le Pen
Is she about to pull a Trump?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2017, 07:02 PM
RE: Marine Le Pen
Maybe.
Meh.
Europe is working out how it will look in the future. Maybe the structure of the EU was not the best, (I mean) why should Greeks retire at 58, 59, and Germany pay to bail them out, when THEY retire much later + dozens and dozens of other issues. If she does, she's nothing but a stepping stone to what will eventually shake out.

I hope she does. The Euro will go to hell in a hand-basket, and I'll sell it short.
$$$$ Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Short means to bet against, right?

If you bet against a currency what currency are you paid in and wouldn't that just be the same thing as buying the currency you would have to be paid in order for the bet against a certain currency to pay off?
16-04-2017, 07:40 PM
(16-04-2017 07:08 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Short means to bet against, right?

If you bet against a currency what currency are you paid in and wouldn't that just be the same thing as buying the currency you would have to be paid in order for the bet against a certain currency to pay off?

You short (sell) the Euro/$ pair, or one of the other Euro/currency pairs. The Euro drops, and you buy it back, at a lower price, and pocket the difference.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
16-04-2017, 08:57 PM
If you entered such a contract now you'd be betting that Le Pen wins and pulls of a Frexit. That's quite a long shot. If you wait until after a Le Pen victory the downfall of the Euro would be too predictable. I think you're better off betting that Trump will fuck up the dollar.
16-04-2017, 09:11 PM
(16-04-2017 08:57 PM)ImFred Wrote:  If you entered such a contract now you'd be betting that Le Pen wins and pulls of a Frexit. That's quite a long shot. If you wait until after a Le Pen victory the downfall of the Euro would be too predictable. I think you're better off betting that Trump will fuck up the dollar.

Oh he already has. The dollar has been dropping for a while now, (about 1/2 of the post election rise I think ??, quite a bit last week and tonight on Korea/political fears). I'm only in the market for a very very short time, on select moves, if conditions are met. I set the alarms and they will go off if something IS happening, so there is no "bet". Sometimes, on big morning economic news days, you can set the entry points, in both directions, the market moves faster than you can actually react, (second or two), and then, depending on the conditions and what the news was, and what the move was, you liquidate the position, maybe in (literally 2-3 seconds) sometimes. I hate watching the screen ... waiting for it to do something. I have better things to do. Angel The currency markets are FAR larger (trillions) and far more liquid than the equity markets, (billions). They're gonna move. I may as well take a little ride.

16-04-2017, 09:20 PM
I need 20 grand. Can you give it to me?
16-04-2017, 09:26 PM
Ha ha.
One funny thing was, last week Dumpy said the dollar was too high. A few minutes later it dropped some. The media was saying "Look what he did !!". Dodgy
The funny thing was, the day before at exactly the same time, the same thing happened ... the drops had to do with the political environment, not what he said. They already know he's an idiot.

16-04-2017, 09:29 PM
I really need 20 grand.
26-04-2017, 06:38 PM
(16-04-2017 06:41 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Is she about to pull a Trump?

Can't see it happening. Macron should comfortably win it. It would be a bigger shock than Trump's victory were Le Pen to win.