Marine Le Pen Most Popular Presidential Candidate in France

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Marine Le Pen Most Popular Presidential Candidate in France
(04-08-2014 09:09 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 09:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Define, "re-educated".
Also, define specifically the criteria for this deportation and re-education if you will.
Just that they're Jewish-errr I mean "Moslem". Freudian slip, my bad.

Like I said; threatening the native culture.

Yet you support Israel? What about the Palestinian native culture?
Or, you're Canadian, what about the native Americans that lived in that region before the French and British showed up? Assuming you are not native Indian, are you too not "threatening native culture"?

And who decides which immigrants are considered "threatening" to the French culture? You? And what is considered "French culture" and who decides that?
What about those immigrants that migrated to France generations ago, are they still considered immigrants by your standards?
If there is a Muslim minority in France, is that than not part of the French culture?
And if not, why not? Because you find Muslim immigrants "icky"?
And if so, than what is the issue?

And how is what you are saying any different to what the Nazi's were saying about the Jews? Are you a Nazi? Obviously you're not a Nazi, but you must share extremely similar qualities you must admit gauging by what you're saying in this thread. Perhaps we should start calling you Fas Cism instead.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
04-08-2014, 11:58 PM
Res - I posted the wikipedia link in your other thread. Muslims are a minority in France. Chances that they will take over are zero. Don't be tiresome - reposting stuff in a new thread doesn't make it true.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-08-2014, 02:32 AM
(04-08-2014 09:09 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 09:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Define, "re-educated".
Also, define specifically the criteria for this deportation and re-education if you will.
Just that they're Jewish-errr I mean "Moslem". Freudian slip, my bad.

Like I said; threatening the native culture.

Still waiting for a definition of that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-08-2014, 09:04 AM
(05-08-2014 02:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 09:09 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Like I said; threatening the native culture.

Still waiting for a definition of that. Drinking Beverage

It means "the parts of it I like", Chas.

... this is my signature!
05-08-2014, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2014 09:56 AM by Res Publica.)
(04-08-2014 10:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 09:09 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Like I said; threatening the native culture.

Yet you support Israel? What about the Palestinian native culture?
Or, you're Canadian, what about the native Americans that lived in that region before the French and British showed up? Assuming you are not native Indian, are you too not "threatening native culture"?

And who decides which immigrants are considered "threatening" to the French culture? You? And what is considered "French culture" and who decides that?
What about those immigrants that migrated to France generations ago, are they still considered immigrants by your standards?
If there is a Muslim minority in France, is that than not part of the French culture?
And if not, why not? Because you find Muslim immigrants "icky"?
And if so, than what is the issue?

And how is what you are saying any different to what the Nazi's were saying about the Jews? Are you a Nazi? Obviously you're not a Nazi, but you must share extremely similar qualities you must admit gauging by what you're saying in this thread. Perhaps we should start calling you Fas Cism instead.

Jews are the natives of Israel. They were enslaved by European colonialists, but they are still the true natives to Israel.

That is a good point you brought up about American-Indians. What needs to happen here is a gradual assimilation of all Canadians into that culture. The American-Indians have many great values that all people living in Canada should adopt; they had a Republican society, they valued gender equality and they accepted homosexuals and transexuals.
If the British had been just they would have agreed to fork over all their technology and assimilate in exchange for being allowed to live in America.

I would define nationality purely culturally. You could have a first generation immigrant who is completely assimilated, or a third generation immigrant who is not assimilated at all. It all depends on how well they are accepting the culture.

It is hard to define French culture because culture is always changing, and this is a very positive thing, but Moslems are far behind us culturally, so naturally they pose a threat if they do not assimilate. My biggest issue with Moslem fundamentalists is that they carry with them medieval values which will naturally collide with modern French values of liberty, equality and brotherhood. It is of the utmost importance that the French republican values come up on top.

When people challenge culture and push it forward this is a great thing, but Moslem fundamentalism threatens to haul culture backwards and this is what worries me.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
05-08-2014, 09:55 AM
(04-08-2014 05:06 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 05:00 PM)kim Wrote:  Uhm... what's it to you, Res? Do you even live in France? Drinking Beverage
No, but France is a great country.
I'm with you on that; I have wanted to live in France for quite some time!

(04-08-2014 05:06 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  The French formulated modern republicanism, one might even say that France is the birthplace of liberty in the modern era.
Kant formulated the concept of modern republicanism in the 1780s, in reaction to the despotism of the Swiss who disallowed it's citizenry private freedoms. When under stress, it's usually a pretty good bet to borrow from the ancient Greeks and get creative.

Républicanisme in France is the French version of modern republicanism. It is a form of social contract, deduced from Rousseau's idea of a general will, wherein each citizen is engaged in a direct relationship with the state, removing the need for identity politics based on local, religious, or racial identification.

(04-08-2014 05:06 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  France is a great country.
T'is.

(04-08-2014 05:06 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  If France falls then all of Western civilization could be next.
Even the French might find this dramatic speculation to be somewhat jejune. Are you a teenager? I don't mean that in a bad way.

(04-08-2014 05:06 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Also I have been to Quebec and it is really nice. I didn't see a single headscarf the whole time I was there. I almost cried back in the Spring when the liberals won that election. The rest of Canada is screwed, Quebec might still have a chance at saving themselves from the multicultural nightmare.

You lost me.
Quebec is not France - far from it. Quebec is a province of Canada. Though Quebec has a separate government headed by the Queen, as a Canadian province, Quebec is not itself a kingdom. It is a constitutional monarchy and Elizabeth II is the reigning monarch. Perhaps you are confused.

Just a side note in case your thought is that language links France and Quebec... the French spoken in Quebec is a very archaic French.

Different shit is, different... probably something to get used to. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-08-2014, 10:02 AM
(05-08-2014 09:55 AM)kim Wrote:  
(04-08-2014 05:06 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  No, but France is a great country.
I'm with you on that; I have wanted to live in France for quite some time!

(04-08-2014 05:06 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  The French formulated modern republicanism, one might even say that France is the birthplace of liberty in the modern era.
Kant formulated the concept of modern republicanism in the 1780s, in reaction to the despotism of the Swiss who disallowed it's citizenry private freedoms. When under stress, it's usually a pretty good bet to borrow from the ancient Greeks and get creative.

Républicanisme in France is the French version of modern republicanism. It is a form of social contract, deduced from Rousseau's idea of a general will, wherein each citizen is engaged in a direct relationship with the state, removing the need for identity politics based on local, religious, or racial identification.

(04-08-2014 05:06 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  France is a great country.
T'is.

(04-08-2014 05:06 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  If France falls then all of Western civilization could be next.
Even the French might find this dramatic speculation to be somewhat jejune. Are you a teenager? I don't mean that in a bad way.

(04-08-2014 05:06 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Also I have been to Quebec and it is really nice. I didn't see a single headscarf the whole time I was there. I almost cried back in the Spring when the liberals won that election. The rest of Canada is screwed, Quebec might still have a chance at saving themselves from the multicultural nightmare.

You lost me.
Quebec is not France - far from it. Quebec is a province of Canada. Though Quebec has a separate government headed by the Queen, as a Canadian province, Quebec is not itself a kingdom. It is a constitutional monarchy and Elizabeth II is the reigning monarch. Perhaps you are confused.

Just a side note in case your thought is that language links France and Quebec... the French spoken in Quebec is a very archaic French.

Different shit is, different... probably something to get used to. Drinking Beverage

Quebec was founded by Frenchmen. They will be the first to tell you that they are French. And Quebec and France always seem to share a special connection. When Pauline Marois was elected she visited France and talked about how close their two countries were to each other.

I know that they are not the same, but Quebec is the closest you can get to France in North America.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
05-08-2014, 10:11 AM
(05-08-2014 10:02 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(05-08-2014 09:55 AM)kim Wrote:  I'm with you on that; I have wanted to live in France for quite some time!

T'is.

You lost me.

Quebec was founded by Frenchmen. They will be the first to tell you that they are French. And Quebec and France always seem to share a special connection. When Pauline Marois was elected she visited France and talked about how close their two countries were to each other.

I know that they are not the same, but Quebec is the closest you can get to France in North America.

Far from it, New Orleans is far more french, Quebec is it's own thing and has very little in common with France.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Ha - yes - I guess the saying is: "Montreal is New York run by the Swiss."

Heart New Orleans ... it's like a little piece of France surrounded by American hillbillies.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
05-08-2014, 11:22 AM
Quelles places en Quebec as-tu visité, RP?

Montreal? La ville de Quebec? Y'a beaucoup des hijabs la, je te promets...

Tout les gens que je sais en Quebec étaient heureux de voir les PLQs gagnent, parce qu'ils ne sont pas des sectaires intolérants.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post