Marriage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 05:02 PM by cactus.)
RE: Marriage
My parents used to tell me that in heaven, the concept of sexual attraction does not exist, and everyone is equally in love with everyone else (except for God, we're all like SUPER in love with Him, and he's our new "BAE" or whatever. I guess it's like the ultimate form of polygamous patriarchy), so the concept of marriage has no meaning after death....

No sexual attraction? Wow, I must already be in heaven! Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 04:58 PM
おめでとう!!!

Besides modern marriage is pegan.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-08-2015, 05:01 PM
(09-08-2015 04:52 PM)cactus Wrote:  My parents used to tell me that in heaven, the concept of sexual attraction does not exist, and everyone is equally in love with everyone else (except for God, we're all like SUPER in love with Him, and he's our new "BAE" or whatever. I guess it's like the ultimate form of polygamous patriarchy), so the concept of marriage has no meaning after death....

No sexual attraction? Wow, I must already be in heaven! Laugh out load

Sounds like gawd wants everyone to himself - at death we all must part so god can get laid everynight by whomever he chooses, what a tart!

- Talking lions, magic wardrobes, witches with Turkish Delight - GOOD - Muggles, Quidditch and Dark Arts Lessons - BAD -
09-08-2015, 05:02 PM
(09-08-2015 05:01 PM)Nieko Sx Wrote:  Sounds like gawd wants everyone to himself - at death we all must part so god can get laid everynight by whomever he chooses, what a tart!
Yeah, I hear he's pretty choosy.
So I've been in heaven for quite a number of years now, but God still hasn't tried to hit on me yet. I'll keep you guys posted and let you know when he shows up so you can all get in on that hot action, too. You know what they say, "A thousand years is like a day to our Lord. Good things come to those who wait."

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
09-08-2015, 06:26 PM
(09-08-2015 01:55 PM)Nieko Sx Wrote:  Here's one for you, my boyfriend and I have decided to take things to the next level and get married - so today we have been looking through wedding vows and this has come up...

In a christian/religious ceremony the phrase 'to death do us part' (or thereabouts) comes up often - however, why would a couple who presumably believe in heaven only profess their marriage relevant to their life on earth, why would they think they wouldn't still be married in heaven? Are people still 'allowed' to be married in heaven or does the marriage cease to exist once one or both parties are dead?

I was taught that in heaven the first person you had intercourse with was going to be your forever-spouse. This was part of the instruction given to girls; I don't know what they told the boys. It was pretty much implied that if you had other sexual partners, you were going to hell anyway, so you didn't need to worry about juggling your earthly spouses. The devils and other bad boys there would amuse themselves with you as they pleased.

At any rate, congratulations! We hired a Justice of the Peace and were able to customize our vows to eliminate references to deities and wifely obedience.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post