Marriage; atheists vs. theists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: Marriage; atheists vs. theists
(28-12-2016 06:40 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 08:49 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Could someone here describe seriously the main difference(s) between a theist’s and atheist’s marriage?

Thank you.

I've heard it said that jesus freaks pray before fucking. I wouldn't know for sure.

I didn't as a jesus freak, but I prayed after for forgiveness Angel

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-12-2016, 07:53 PM
(28-12-2016 08:49 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Could someone here describe seriously the main difference(s) between a theist’s and atheist’s marriage?

Thank you.

Sure, dude.

When 2 atheists marry, they have sex and then the female eats the male.

It is our desire to go beyond Kafka and become praying mantis'.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
28-12-2016, 10:11 PM

Thank you.

The church gets a cut of the dowry in one and not the other. Duh.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
28-12-2016, 11:02 PM

Thank you.

Some years back, Barna group, a Christian research organization, published a survey demonstrating Atheists had the lowest divorce rates among married couples.

Christian couples divorce rate was about the same as all married couple in the US population. It made quite a little stir at the time.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 4 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post
28-12-2016, 11:42 PM
(28-12-2016 11:02 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  

Thank you.

Some years back, Barna group, a Christian research organization, published a survey demonstrating Atheists had the lowest divorce rates among married couples.

Christian couples divorce rate was about the same as all married couple in the US population. It made quite a little stir at the time.

Doesn't surprise me. Atheists are less likely to get hitched for the wrong reasons, like "Oh we had sex that means we have to marry" or something like that.

... which isn't to say that we can't get married for the wrong reasons, just that the odds aren't as bad. For some reason, certain branches of Christianity insist on sideboarding a bunch of extra marriage-fail cards into their decks.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
29-12-2016, 12:30 AM

Thank you.

No.

Have you been married to and as a theist and then again to and as an atheist? Thankfully I have not either. Taking my religious brother as an example he seems to relish the direction he finds in the bible to lord it over his wife. I don't do that.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 2 users Like whateverist's post
29-12-2016, 02:30 AM

Yep... atheists fuck themselves silly before marriage. And theists don't.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
29-12-2016, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2016 11:39 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(29-12-2016 02:30 AM)SYZ Wrote:  

Yep... atheists fuck themselves silly before marriage. And theists don't.

The existence of virgin Christians with gaping assholes would seem to refute that particular point.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
29-12-2016, 10:05 AM
(28-12-2016 12:22 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Kerim, I'm curious: Why do you need to know this, and why are you asking us?

Good question.

I started this thread to verify first if its replies could be serious before going on to the following question which is also related to marriage in general.

Clearly, many here were kind to give interesting answers and views.
So, I will start now another thread for the second question.

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
29-12-2016, 01:29 PM
(29-12-2016 10:05 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 12:22 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Kerim, I'm curious: Why do you need to know this, and why are you asking us?

Good question.

I started this thread to verify first if its replies could be serious before going on to the following question which is also related to marriage in general.

Clearly, many here were kind to give interesting answers and views.
So, I will start now another thread for the second question.

Girly is right. Your English seems to have miraculously improved. I'd ask how you can explain that, but there is an obvious answer that can't be ignored. You're just another worthless troll.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post