Marriage flourished after denouncing Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2014, 09:28 AM
Marriage flourished after denouncing Christianity
My first post was on the morbid side so I thought I'd post something a little different, and something I've never seen or heard of before. My marriage has dramatically improved since I denounced christianity. Which goes 100% against everything I ever heard from Christians. My screen name is a bit confusing, but I'm actually a 23 year old female. My husband and I were engaged and had been together 3 years when we got married. We had a rushed wedding because we were living together when I got 'saved' and I wanted to do things right so, although we were engaged, it was one of those... 'we'll get married eventually' engagements, but it turned into a quicker wedding than we'd expected lol. But it turned out that through our marriage, I was a christian and he was not. I never could and still really can't get him to open up much about his beliefs... he's not much of a talker, but our marriage was really strained because of the whole christianity thing. I'm married to the most amazing man I've ever met, but when I was a christian for some reason I couldn't see that. I saw a flawed sinner that I needed to get saved. I saw myself as someone who was living better and going to heaven and I was married to a heathen that refused god and was going to hell. I felt responsible for trying to get him saved. Everything I've seen as a christian was that a woman needs a christian husband to lean on and guide her in her journey with god... and I wanted that. I found myself wishing for it, and not seeing my husband for the amazing man he is. After denouncing Christianity, my marriage has flourished into what I was wanting it to be all along. I appreciate my husband more and I see now how lucky I am to have such a great person in my life. I've tried to google some other stories like this but of course all I can find are stories like my previous one... marriages not working out if one person isn't saved and living with a sinner as a christian and things like that. I can't find anything about marriages improving after giving up christianity. I'm sure if I told this to christians they would say things are good now because we're both living a life of sin, so there is no conflict anymore, but if God is all that's good and satan represents everything that's bad... how does it make sense that my marriage is so much better as a result of satan? lol. Anyone else here had any experience with anything like this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Roger_the_alien's post
02-07-2014, 10:04 AM
RE: Marriage flourished after denouncing Christianity
Nope. I was lucky enough to find a girl who thought religion was bullshit, too. 44 years later, she still does.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
02-07-2014, 10:49 AM
(02-07-2014 09:28 AM)Roger_the_alien Wrote:  how does it make sense that my marriage is so much better as a result of satan? lol

It doesn't. Of course they will come up with all this BS about Satan tempting with sins that seems pleasant at first. But either it will hurt you in the long run or it allows Satan to convert you fully to him (remember he is the master of persuasion and deception Evil_monster ) and then will you suffer. Just wait and see.

Naturally those christians will only tell you after something has happened that this is suffering which results from you "sinning" (you know what I call it ... fun Big Grin). They never specify exactly what will happen before it happens. This is our old friend, the logical fallacy named post hoc ergo propter hoc.

"Newton's third law: The only way humans have ever figured out of getting somewhere is to leave something behind." - TARS, Interstellar
"Newtons drittes Gesetz: Der einzige Weg wie Menschen irgendwo hin kommen, ist der dass sie etwas zur├╝cklassen." - TARS, Interstellar
02-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Religion was imposed on illiterate people centuries ago as a means of control. It's hard to believe that people still believe in it even with basic education. So glad to hear you got rid of that monkey on your back and appreciate your man for who he is.
02-07-2014, 12:54 PM
I think you will find that a LOT of aspects of your life will be better without it.

Welcome to the forum. Thumbsup

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post