Marriage to a believer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2013, 11:45 AM
RE: Marriage to a believer
But all of this "forskin good" "foreskin - eh" aside, the original post is marrying a Jew. And if you are marrying a Jew, you gotta do the circumcision. If it repulses you, then such a marriage isn't going to work. If you could care less, then if the person isn't that religious, you got a chance. Because no matter how un-religious a Jew is, if you want to be part of the club, there are a hand full of things that you got to accept, an one of them is brit milah.

“I've done everything the Bible says — even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"— Ned Flanders
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2013, 02:40 PM
(11-03-2013 11:31 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(11-03-2013 11:28 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Why not cut his hands off too? Those things introduce more bacteria to the body than having five dicks could. And yes, he is scarred for life... body parts don't grow back.
What a drama queen. He didn't have a body part removed...it's no more painful than giving birth or getting a tattoo, which people do all the time. And he was young enough to not remember it. Ever encountered a sweaty uncircumcised penis? Smells like death.

It is mutilation, pure and simple. It is a human rights violation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-03-2013, 03:15 PM
(11-03-2013 11:31 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(11-03-2013 11:28 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Why not cut his hands off too? Those things introduce more bacteria to the body than having five dicks could. And yes, he is scarred for life... body parts don't grow back.
What a drama queen. He didn't have a body part removed...it's no more painful than giving birth or getting a tattoo, which people do all the time. And he was young enough to not remember it. Ever encountered a sweaty uncircumcised penis? Smells like death.
I am neither for or against circumcision, only to say that I am against it being done without the consent of the person it is being done to. If an adult wants to do it for the reasons you stated above, sure, go head. However, if you choose for the person based on your opinions and your observations, its wrong. The person is a human being, and the decision is a permanent one.

Imagine if somebody gave a baby a tatoo simply because it looks cool, chicks/guys dig it, and he wont even remember the pain? Certainly, one must keep in mind that it can't be undone.

Just to share my perspective, sorry.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
11-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Everyone who is horrified by circumcision, think about all of the pain and suffering, and about what a violation it is, and that children cannot make the decision for themselves, about how their chance at a normal and happy life is robbed from them and how they are cut up and mutilated and that once it's done it's done and about how sickened and reviled you are by it and how enraging it is that you cannot stop people from doing it even though you consider it an absolute crime, a sickening human rights violation, let it build up inside you like a searing ball of white hot rage...

Now you know how anti-abortion people feel.

Hey, Girly.

What makes you think you can out sumo me? And why are you thinking of the two of us wearing diapers and rubbing our sweaty bodies up against each other?

Hey, Kelly.

I salute you. I'm glad that you have such a positive family environment.

Can't say I've smelled a lot of dicks though Cool

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
11-03-2013, 04:53 PM
(11-03-2013 04:39 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Everyone who is horrified by circumcision, think about all of the pain and suffering, and about what a violation it is, and that children cannot make the decision for themselves, about how their chance at a normal and happy life is robbed from them and how they are cut up and mutilated and that once it's done it's done and about how sickened and reviled you are by it and how enraging it is that you cannot stop people from doing it even though you consider it an absolute crime, a sickening human rights violation, let it build up inside you like a searing ball of white hot rage...

Now you know how anti-abortion people feel.

Except a fetus isn't a person.

11-03-2013, 04:55 PM
And you missed the point.

Matt
11-03-2013, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 05:01 PM by Chas.)
(11-03-2013 04:55 PM)Ghost Wrote:  And you missed the point.

Matt

No, I saw your point. I disagree as it is a poor comparison.

When we see a Muslim generate white-hot hatred because someone drew a cartoon, that's the same unreasoned hatred as the anti-abortion folk.

Being against the mutilation of an actual human being is a reasoned response.

11-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Fine.

Don't see.

Matt
11-03-2013, 06:18 PM
(11-03-2013 04:39 PM)Ghost Wrote:  What makes you think you can out sumo me?

It is the sumo way. To think you could out sumo me before we enter the dohyō is to admit defeat prior to contest.

(11-03-2013 04:39 PM)Ghost Wrote:  And why are you thinking of the two of us wearing diapers and rubbing our sweaty bodies up against each other?

It's like dogs humping when there ain't no bitch in heat around, nothing sexual to it, all about dominance. Wink

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
11-03-2013, 07:13 PM
(07-03-2013 11:58 PM)JonDoeTheThird Wrote:  I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this thread, or if it's already been posted before (if so I apologize in advance).

I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for about 2 years now. Everything has been great for the most part. We often like to discuss things early on before they erupt later when we're married. When we first got together I was an agnostic, then converted to Islam (which she was very happy about). My girlfriend is Jewish, but isn't very strict in practice. She prays every night, goes to temple whenever she can, and prays before eating. That's about the extent of it. After about a year of being Muslim I decided it was all a load of crap and became atheist (that story is much longer, but I don't want to get off topic). She was very upset at this initially, but after I explained my reasoning she seemed to accept it.

The only issue that comes up for me is CHILDREN. I want to marry this woman, but I'm very afraid of raising religious kids. She's VERY insistent on the children being raised under Judaism. I was raised Christian, and I know it differs a bit from Reformed Judaism, but I know how much pressure a child can have when introduced to a religious life. I really do not want my kids going through this. Just to end the argument I decided to let her win and allow the kids to be raised Jewish, but deep down inside it still bothers me. What should I do? I don't want to break up with her over some silly superstition, but shes not going to see it done any other way.

(Also, her mother always wanted to raise her more religiously, so that's why she feels the need to raise our kids that way.)

(11-03-2013 03:15 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(11-03-2013 11:31 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  What a drama queen. He didn't have a body part removed...it's no more painful than giving birth or getting a tattoo, which people do all the time. And he was young enough to not remember it. Ever encountered a sweaty uncircumcised penis? Smells like death.
I am neither for or against circumcision, only to say that I am against it being done without the consent of the person it is being done to. If an adult wants to do it for the reasons you stated above, sure, go head. However, if you choose for the person based on your opinions and your observations, its wrong. The person is a human being, and the decision is a permanent one.

Imagine if somebody gave a baby a tatoo simply because it looks cool, chicks/guys dig it, and he wont even remember the pain? Certainly, one must keep in mind that it can't be undone.

Just to share my perspective, sorry.
Well....parents give kids stupid names (I'm aware of a believer family that named their kid "Blessing"!!! Try going thru school with that little title!) Of course, the kid, once reaching legal age, can change it....but they can also get a tatoo removed too.
As to circumcision....that can't be "undone"...but parents do the darndest things anyway. And while controversial, it can be lived with very successfully.
My $0.02 anyway

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster