Married to a Believer...Success
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2013, 11:59 AM
RE: Married to a Believer...Success
zachzachzachzach - +1 on closet cases, coming out is not for everyone. Remember that you are in a club of like-minded people that isn't really dependant on the beliefs, those are the pre-requisite to get in the door. After that, you can be honest so long as its not about religion. But, if it starts affecting all the other areas, then I might consider coming out. If its just lying about religion, fine. If its lying about every area of your life and what you think, that might be a problem.

Good luck and don't rush. Take your time.

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: Married to a Believer...Success
Well well...dogma pokes it head out. We have recently been discussing religion, and this has upset my wife tremendously. She is terrified our children will go to hell...because I may plant a seed of doubt. This all started, when my 6 year old asked me how the Earth was made...and I described in simplistic terms, the accretion theory, and basic gravitation. I explained to her it was difficult to discuss religious matters with her, as a believer, and we shall seek out an impartial counselor to moderate the discussion.

Should be fun.

Let your anger be as a monkey in a piƱata...hiding amongst the candy...hoping the kids don't break through with the stick!

---Master Tang---
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply