Married to a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2015, 01:06 PM
RE: Married to a Christian
I'm in a similar situation. I'm married to a Christian man from a very Christian family. When I met him I wasn't Christian. I wasn't raised Christian either. I went as a child here and there. When I met him my life was kind of crazy. I had a one year old, I was broke, I had no family, I had left my daughter's dad, trying to finish college and work. When I saw his family and how put together they all were it was very attractive. It was a large family, all his siblings married and they were just starting to have kids. I then got saved. I believed it for several years. I went to church without him until he finally started going with me (he sort of fell away but still believed). I got baby fever and he didn't want a baby. It was killing me. I almost left. Then he caved and we had a baby. What was I thinking?? Just a few months ago I finally opened my eyes and decided I'm a non believer. I told him in the heat of an argument about going to a Christian counselor. Im not going to because it's not what I believe. He's had a hard time with it. We've gotten into several heated Saturday night debates lasting past midnight. Now his family is involved and starting to come after me too. I'm on the verge of leaving. But kids are involved and I'm scared. I start counseling on my own next week.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2015, 06:44 AM
(29-08-2015 01:06 PM)Indiana Wrote:  I'm in a similar situation. I'm married to a Christian man from a very Christian family. When I met him I wasn't Christian. I wasn't raised Christian either. I went as a child here and there. When I met him my life was kind of crazy. I had a one year old, I was broke, I had no family, I had left my daughter's dad, trying to finish college and work. When I saw his family and how put together they all were it was very attractive. It was a large family, all his siblings married and they were just starting to have kids. I then got saved. I believed it for several years. I went to church without him until he finally started going with me (he sort of fell away but still believed). I got baby fever and he didn't want a baby. It was killing me. I almost left. Then he caved and we had a baby. What was I thinking?? Just a few months ago I finally opened my eyes and decided I'm a non believer. I told him in the heat of an argument about going to a Christian counselor. Im not going to because it's not what I believe. He's had a hard time with it. We've gotten into several heated Saturday night debates lasting past midnight. Now his family is involved and starting to come after me too. I'm on the verge of leaving. But kids are involved and I'm scared. I start counseling on my own next week.

Welcome aboard.

I'm not in a position to offer advice, but I urge you to read through this thread. You'll find a few stories of similar struggles and good words on how to deal with it.

At the same time, I do wish you all the best in your journey. We're here to listen any time you feel a need to cry, vent, rage, or simply discuss. Hang in there! Hug

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
30-08-2015, 12:14 PM
(29-08-2015 01:06 PM)Indiana Wrote:  I'm in a similar situation. I'm married to a Christian man from a very Christian family. When I met him I wasn't Christian. I wasn't raised Christian either. I went as a child here and there. When I met him my life was kind of crazy. I had a one year old, I was broke, I had no family, I had left my daughter's dad, trying to finish college and work. When I saw his family and how put together they all were it was very attractive. It was a large family, all his siblings married and they were just starting to have kids. I then got saved. I believed it for several years. I went to church without him until he finally started going with me (he sort of fell away but still believed). I got baby fever and he didn't want a baby. It was killing me. I almost left. Then he caved and we had a baby. What was I thinking?? Just a few months ago I finally opened my eyes and decided I'm a non believer. I told him in the heat of an argument about going to a Christian counselor. Im not going to because it's not what I believe. He's had a hard time with it. We've gotten into several heated Saturday night debates lasting past midnight. Now his family is involved and starting to come after me too. I'm on the verge of leaving. But kids are involved and I'm scared. I start counseling on my own next week.

Welcome.

Interesting. This sounds like you need some feedback. You may want to consider starting your own thread on this so it is easier for you to find the results. Start one and I'll post something one it as I am also married to a believer.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
30-08-2015, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2015 04:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
Atheist married to a good Catholic girl for 30 years now. Never been a problem for us. Metaphysical differences only mean dick to the metaphysically ignorant and naive.

#sigh
30-08-2015, 04:18 PM
First, good luck in your counseling. I hope that works well for you.

Second, if he has a big and tight family, I'd advise you to look for a way to hook into that, if you can do that in a way that doesn't make you have to renounce your beliefs. In a big family, there's almost always someone who's looking for validation of her (his) outsider views.

My husband's an atheist, and so am I, and there are parts of his family that we're cut off from because we aren't believers. That can be painful, but not very boring, as we live in a state where religion isn't so pervasive.