Married to a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2015, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2015 11:14 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Married to a Christian
(18-04-2015 11:53 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  My wife and I have been married for about a year now. But we’ve been together for 6. We relate on practically every issue whether it be politics, family values, and pop cutler. Every issue but one; Religion. It is one of the hottest buttons in our house.

This atheist been with a good Catholic school girl going on 35 years now, married for 30. Personal differences in metaphysics never amounted to anything close to a hot button issue for us. More like the "So, what hand do you wipe your ass with?" level of importance.

We went to the Rally to Restore Reason/March to Keep Fear Alive rally in DC and she really enjoyed it. She couldn't stop laughing at Jesus riding the dinosaur. "Bob, you gotta go ride that bitch. You're a pussy if you don't." "Yeah, like you're gonna bail my ass out and shit. I ain't no fool." Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0363.jpg]

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-04-2015, 03:32 PM
You've bro't up the subject of listening to this fellow with no response. The only thing I'd ask is "Do I get two tickets or one to listen to xxxx? This way it's not nagging and she'll realize you are going whether or not she does. That puts the ball in her court.
[+] 1 user Likes Takelababy's post
19-04-2015, 03:54 PM
Good luck sir.

The essence of life is statistical improbability on a colossal scale.
24-04-2015, 02:40 PM
(18-04-2015 04:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-04-2015 02:42 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  No, I don't feel it's a choice between her faith or me. It was something we talked about a lot before we got married. I even placed the option on the table. "This is who I am. This is who your getting." Like I said, everything else is great! I lived a pretty lonely and heartache life before I met her. I never meet a girl quite like her and I feel I never will. But I feel that she's lived in a bottle most of her life. She's never left her home town, she's lived in the same apartment with her mother her whole life, and she believes in the bible whole-heatedly. When we first meet her friends were even there watching over us to make sure I didn't do anything funny. So she's been trapped in this box. When she meet me we've gone to trips to other states, I've been bringing her to museums she becomes fascinated. I would be happy if she was able to take off the God glasses.

Have ether of you been in similar situations? How did it play out?

I was married to a Catholic. We're divorced.

How old is your wife? She sounds quite young.

She's 32 i'm 33.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
24-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Thank you all for the advise. I will defiantly take it all into consideration.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin