Married with children

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2014, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 08:27 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Jesus was married ? You're gonna be hearing about this ...
(12-11-2014 08:19 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I did hear about it....in this thread

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...h-children

Oops. I never saw that. I'll ask the mods to consolidate this under the first one.
So don't post here .. see Dance for two's "married with children" thread.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2014, 08:42 AM
RE: Married with children
(12-11-2014 08:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oops. I never saw that. I'll ask the mods to consolidate this under the first one.
I merged the two threads. Smartass

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
12-11-2014, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 09:29 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Married with children
(11-11-2014 11:30 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 10:18 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So a book is coming out this Wednesday stating that Jesus was married and had children. Of course the source is a 1500 year old book in Aramaic so it has just as much legitimacy as any other book about Jesus, which is none.

Except of course a number of these other books date to 50 or so years after his life, rather than one's written 500 years after his life, and they all seem to confirm an unmarried Jesus.

It says it's a copy of an earlier text, which of course you either didn't read or ignored. There were many crazy gospels, and in that context, this is nothing new. Of course if you look into why, how and when the 4 canonical gospels were chosen, the reasons for that, are pretty crazy also, (and NOTHING about "inspired" was ever set as the criteria for inclusion). And no, the gospels you have don't date to "50 or so years" after his life. That's a claim, which is highly questionable. If someone had no recording device of any kind, no "note taking" skills, (no tradition in the culture as the "Hafiz" who memorized the Quran), no poem memorization class of people as in Greek culture, no newspapers, no nothing, how would anything be "remembered" even 5 or ten years later, much less 50 to 200 years later ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post