Mars - Big announcement on Monday from NASA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Mars - Big announcement on Monday from NASA
(27-09-2015 11:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 11:19 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I have no idea but in March, they found nitrates under the surface which are a necessary component of life. Mars lost its magnetic field maybe 4 billion years ago so there is nothing to deflect cosmic radiation. As a result, Mars cannot sustain surface life now and it probably cannot sustain subsurface life. However, the Curiosity Rover may have found some 4 billion plus year old fossils. That seems unlikely to me too so I'm putting my money on Jimmy Hoffa's body encased in concrete.

Naww.... He's under Giants Stadium....

Wink

They tore Giants stadium down and no Jimmy Hoffa. But, if he was there, he's now in a landfill.

That's right - the most important science story of the year and this is my contribution to the discussion. Deal with it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
28-09-2015, 07:21 PM
let us be sure of one thing. We have known there was water on mars for a very long time. We have known that there was water on mars a very long time ago for even longer then that! But, there is a wide chasm between there being frozen water hiding underneath a bunch of dirt on mars and there being actual running water. The reasons why running water on mars is so significant is because it not only proves that the goldilocks zone can be as far out as mars but that something else had to help contribute to mars's collapse as a planet that sustained life other than it was a bit colder then our earth. Perhaps something went wrong with its magnetic fields, maybe it had a run away ice age that destroyed everything like our planet and couldn't recover.

Maybe a bunch of stuff just kept happening to it and due to where it was at it couldn't recuperate from its disasers like our earth has in the past.

But on top of that, even more importantly so, there could be living organisms that are NOT microscopic life forms living in that water. If there are streams of running water, there could be small lakes, ponds or other things like that, that could have small things living in it, or at the very least, that planets version of a water bear or a tardigrade. This is huge news because it is now the gun to show that there is indeed other life out there. Now all we need is to find the smoke to that gun and the evidence will be irrefutable.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
28-09-2015, 07:26 PM
(28-09-2015 07:21 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  let us be sure of one thing. We have known there was water on mars for a very long time. We have known that there was water on mars a very long time ago for even longer then that! But, there is a wide chasm between there being frozen water hiding underneath a bunch of dirt on mars and there being actual running water. The reasons why running water on mars is so significant is because it not only proves that the goldilocks zone can be as far out as mars but that something else had to help contribute to mars's collapse as a planet that sustained life other than it was a bit colder then our earth. Perhaps something went wrong with its magnetic fields, maybe it had a run away ice age that destroyed everything like our planet and couldn't recover.

Maybe a bunch of stuff just kept happening to it and due to where it was at it couldn't recuperate from its disasers like our earth has in the past.

But on top of that, even more importantly so, there could be living organisms that are NOT microscopic life forms living in that water. If there are streams of running water, there could be small lakes, ponds or other things like that, that could have small things living in it, or at the very least, that planets version of a water bear or a tardigrade. This is huge news because it is now the gun to show that there is indeed other life out there. Now all we need is to find the smoke to that gun and the evidence will be irrefutable.

There is a lake, Lake Eyre, in Australia that completely dries up during certain periods. When it fills again it is full of fish.

Lake Eyre.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
28-09-2015, 07:27 PM
(28-09-2015 07:21 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  But on top of that, even more importantly so, there could be living organisms that are NOT microscopic life forms living in that water. If there are streams of running water, there could be small lakes, ponds or other things like that, that could have small things living in it, or at the very least, that planets version of a water bear or a tardigrade. This is huge news because it is now the gun to show that there is indeed other life out there. Now all we need is to find the smoke to that gun and the evidence will be irrefutable.

I'm hoping it's a Zorn

[Image: StarTrek-Gorn.jpg]

In fact, if it's not a Zorn, don't bother telling me because, frankly, I won't give a damn.

Yes, this is my other contribution to the thread on the most important scientific story of the year .... Zorns.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
28-09-2015, 07:36 PM
(28-09-2015 07:27 PM)BnW Wrote:  In fact, if it's not a Zorn, don't bother telling me because, frankly, I won't give a damn.

Yes, this is my other contribution to the thread on the most important scientific story of the year .... Zorns.

[Image: Aguirre_zorn_gottes.jpg]

???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-09-2015, 07:38 PM
It's the best-selling show.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-09-2015, 07:46 PM
(28-09-2015 07:21 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  let us be sure of one thing. We have known there was water on mars for a very long time. We have known that there was water on mars a very long time ago for even longer then that! But, there is a wide chasm between there being frozen water hiding underneath a bunch of dirt on mars and there being actual running water. The reasons why running water on mars is so significant is because it not only proves that the goldilocks zone can be as far out as mars but that something else had to help contribute to mars's collapse as a planet that sustained life other than it was a bit colder then our earth. Perhaps something went wrong with its magnetic fields, maybe it had a run away ice age that destroyed everything like our planet and couldn't recover.

If I understand correctly, Mars' core is no longer molten. The circulation of the earth's molten core is part of what generates our magnetic field.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
28-09-2015, 07:53 PM
(28-09-2015 07:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

If I understand correctly, Mars' core is no longer molten. The circulation of the earth's molten core is part of what generates our magnetic field.

I don't know about that really, I think its still molten, maybe its smaller then ours? Although, I wonder why we never detected any volcanic eruptions if that was the case.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1...lten-core/

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
28-09-2015, 08:50 PM
(28-09-2015 07:53 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 07:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  If I understand correctly, Mars' core is no longer molten. The circulation of the earth's molten core is part of what generates our magnetic field.

I don't know about that really, I think its still molten, maybe its smaller then ours? Although, I wonder why we never detected any volcanic eruptions if that was the case.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1...lten-core/

One thing about astrophysics and "astrogeophysics", if that is the correct word, is that the results aren't in yet. I could be wrong about the state of Mars' core, as stated. We learn, by science, that there is always another case with some new discovery. NB- just because we don't see eruptions doesn't mean the core isn't molten. Just recently, a new model of volcanism suggests that it is the weight of the "frozen", if you will, denser rock settling that causes the upwelling of molten material from the earth, not the older explanation of the molten material melting the rock above it. I don't know if that is true, and it is out of my field of expertise.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
28-09-2015, 08:58 PM
(28-09-2015 06:49 PM)Loom Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 06:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thread merged (again) its really exciting news!

Sorry, didn't see this thread Tongue

It's ok. It happens when there's huge news.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces