Mars - Big announcement on Monday from NASA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: Mars - Big announcement on Monday from NASA
They found the penis that belongs to the face of mars!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
29-09-2015, 02:48 AM
(28-09-2015 06:41 PM)Loom Wrote:  Btw, anyone else looking forward to seeing 'The Martian?' I love films that aim to be realistic scientifically (cept for the literally incomprehensible 'storm' that kicks off the story).

I going to see this film on Friday Yes

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
29-09-2015, 03:24 AM
(28-09-2015 10:41 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  They found the penis that belongs to the face of mars!

Mars can give itself head???

Lucky Mars!

(I would never normally be so crass. Beware, I just had mind altering drugs at the hospital. And they let me go home by taxi!) Gasp

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
29-09-2015, 03:39 AM
This has given me my morning laugh:

NASA to tackle more of Bowie's questions

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
29-09-2015, 06:02 AM
(28-09-2015 07:27 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm hoping it's a Zorn

[Image: StarTrek-Gorn.jpg]

In fact, if it's not a Zorn, don't bother telling me because, frankly, I won't give a damn.

Yes, this is my other contribution to the thread on the most important scientific story of the year .... Zorns.

That's a Gorn, not a Zorn. Turn in your nerd card.
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
29-09-2015, 06:33 AM
Delirious Rover Hallucinates Water On Mars

Quote:PASADENA, CA­—More than one year into the automated motor vehicle’s exploration of Mars’ arid Gale Crater, NASA scientists confirmed Friday that the delirious, weakened Curiosity rover is currently hallucinating that it has discovered water on the Red Planet. “Earlier this morning, mission control received an enthusiastic transmission from Curiosity indicating that it had detected a significant volume of cold, clear, crystal-blue water capable of supporting life,” said project scientist Ashwin Vasavada, adding that the demented rover then made a beeline for what its strained, dust-clogged sensors determined to be a sparkling desert oasis encircled in waving palm fronds. “While we remain skeptical that Curiosity has in fact come across a plentiful source of water that we somehow overlooked for several decades, the rover appears convinced that it has unearthed the building blocks of life on Mars, as evidenced by the large quantities of the supposed ‘water’ it has so far shoveled into its spectrometer.” At press time, Vasavada confirmed that Curiosity had also apparently discovered an alluring, seductive lady rover.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
29-09-2015, 07:12 AM
(29-09-2015 06:33 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Delirious Rover Hallucinates Water On Mars

Quote:PASADENA, CA­—More than one year into the automated motor vehicle’s exploration of Mars’ arid Gale Crater, NASA scientists confirmed Friday that the delirious, weakened Curiosity rover is currently hallucinating that it has discovered water on the Red Planet. “Earlier this morning, mission control received an enthusiastic transmission from Curiosity indicating that it had detected a significant volume of cold, clear, crystal-blue water capable of supporting life,” said project scientist Ashwin Vasavada, adding that the demented rover then made a beeline for what its strained, dust-clogged sensors determined to be a sparkling desert oasis encircled in waving palm fronds. “While we remain skeptical that Curiosity has in fact come across a plentiful source of water that we somehow overlooked for several decades, the rover appears convinced that it has unearthed the building blocks of life on Mars, as evidenced by the large quantities of the supposed ‘water’ it has so far shoveled into its spectrometer.” At press time, Vasavada confirmed that Curiosity had also apparently discovered an alluring, seductive lady rover.

Too funny! Love The Onion!
29-09-2015, 10:37 AM
It begins:
Focus on the Family Wrote:NASA's announcement about Mars has us reflecting on the words of King David in Psalm 19:

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims His handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge." Psalm 19:1-2

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
29-09-2015, 10:47 AM
(29-09-2015 10:37 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  It begins:
Focus on the Family Wrote:NASA's announcement about Mars has us reflecting on the words of King David in Psalm 19:

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims His handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge." Psalm 19:1-2

Yeah....that was expected, now wasn't it?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-09-2015, 10:49 AM
(29-09-2015 10:37 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  It begins:

Yes. And...
Quote:To confirm such anticipated meeting between the inhabitants of Earth and the inhabitants of some other planets, we refer to the word of God, in the Quran 42: 29
و مِنْ آياتِهِ خَلْقُ السماواتِ و الأرضِ و ما بَثَّ فيهِما مِنْ دابّةٍ و هو على جَمعِهم إذا يَشاءُ قديرٌ

The explanation:
(And [one] of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and what He has spread abroad therein of beasts [lit.: moving creatures]; and He is All-Able to gather them if He wills.)

The interpretation:
>> ( And [one] of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth) It means: Among His signs that indicate His existence is the creation of the planets including the earth,

>> ( and what He has spread abroad therein of beasts [lit.: moving creatures] )
i.e. the creatures [:animals and human beings] that move on these planets including the Earth.

>> ( and He is All-Able to gather them if He wills.)

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post